Where is Danelo Cavalcante?

T&C

This little ***** has been on the lam for a week... and they just released footage of him crabwalking up narrow corridor walls to the prison roof. Maybe because he's only 5' tall is in his favor.

4 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Prisons in PA have not had a good past month. This guy escaped and that guy who was wanted in Jamestown. The Jamestown guy was caught, went to prison in PA, escaped, and was caught again. 

Somebody else escaped from the Chester Co. Prison the exact same way that Cavalcante did 3 months ago. Obviously didn't fix the situation. 

This whole event is going on just up the road from me.  Hasn't interrupted my life or my kids' school yet but it is frustrating that they can't seem to find the guy and then they let him out of the search perimeter.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

It's pouring rain and hailing right now. Don't know if that helps or hinders. I suspect the latter.

They fired the guard who was in one of the watch towers... apparently he had a personal cell phone with him which isn't allowed. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/08/us/prison-escape-chester-county-cavalcante.html

3 hours ago, T&C said:

They fired the guard who was in one of the watch towers... apparently he had a personal cell phone with him which isn't allowed. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/08/us/prison-escape-chester-county-cavalcante.html

I saw that.  There are all sorts of things in prisons that aren't supposed to be in prisons. The inmates don't bring them in.

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Surprised this guy is still at it 

So far he's winning.

47 minutes ago, Simon said:

I'd say that the fact he's still in the area means he blew it already

That's fair, but for a guy who's going to get life any day not inside is a win.

They keep saying they have him boxed in and it's a matter of time, but he keeps appearing outside their perimeter.  He's going to get a vehicle eventually.  If he can get to the other side of Rt. 1 (which is basically the other side of Longwood Gardens from where they keep spotting him) the population density goes up significantly. Harder to hide, but easier to blend in or get a car.  Lots of shopping centers, businesses, gas stations, lots more houses and frankly some of that is on his current side of Rt. 1 just past the Gardens.

Why I mentioned about the weather this afternoon was it was an opportunity for him to move.  Much lower visibility for people on the ground, no helicopters or drones operating, lots of noise so it would be harder to hear him clambering around, the rain would wash his scent off things so the dogs would struggle to follow him after the rain stopped.  If he was going to get out of the perimeter in a significant way, this afternoon was a big chance to do so.

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Like (+1) 1

With that big fat reward out there, I think I'd be avoiding populated areas like the plague, especially after the first couple days.

I'd guess that the key to pulling something like that off would be to put as much distance between me and that prison as I could in the first 36-48 hrs.

22 minutes ago, Simon said:

With that big fat reward out there, I think I'd be avoiding populated areas like the plague, especially after the first couple days.

I'd guess that the key to pulling something like that off would be to put as much distance between me and that prison as I could in the first 36-48 hrs.

This morning they announced that he's way up on the other side of the county now and has stolen a van. I doubt he's up there anymore either. He went to where he knows to supply up. He'll steal a different vehicle and I'm sure is gone from that place already.

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

This morning they announced that he's way up on the other side of the county now and has stolen a van. I doubt he's up there anymore either. He went to where he knows to supply up. He'll steal a different vehicle and I'm sure is gone from that place already.

I'm a little surprised they're releasing that info. If he has access to media, knowing what they know could give him a bit of an edge.

I wish one of these guys would be bust out that we could actually root for.

Unfortunately, guys you can root for don't typically end up in lockdown.

At this point all I can hope for is that the little weasel doesn't hurt anybody out of desperation.

Just now, Simon said:

I'm a little surprised they're releasing that info. If he has access to media, knowing what they know could give him a bit of an edge.

I wish one of these guys would be bust out that we could actually root for.

Unfortunately, guys you can root for don't typically end up in lockdown.

At this point all I can hope for is that the little weasel doesn't hurt anybody out of desperation.

They need to release it so Longwood and, more importantly, the schools can re-open.

They also released a new picture of him clean shaven and a photo of the white transit van he stole.

White work van was a great choice. Easy to blend in with that. There are a million of them out there. Find a different one and swap plates with it and keep rolling. Odds are the van you swapped plates with won't even realize you did it until they get pulled over by 50 cops with guns out. How often do you actually take notice of your license plate? Particularly in a company vehicle.

I had suggested to friends that the cops plant a bait car or two near Longwood, like they do in Grand theft auto stings. Try to get him into one of those where they could them lock him down. Obviously they didn't do that but I think it would have at least been a solid tactic to catch a guy you know is looking for a ride.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

They need to release it so Longwood and, more importantly, the schools can re-open.

They also released a new picture of him clean shaven and a photo of the white transit van he stole.

White work van was a great choice. Easy to blend in with that. There are a million of them out there. Find a different one and swap plates with it and keep rolling. Odds are the van you swapped plates with won't even realize you did it until they get pulled over by 50 cops with guns out. How often do you actually take notice of your license plate? Particularly in a company vehicle.

I had suggested to friends that the cops plant a bait car or two near Longwood, like they do in Grand theft auto stings. Try to get him into one of those where they could them lock him down. Obviously they didn't do that but I think it would have at least been a solid tactic to catch a guy you know is looking for a ride.

I read it was a diary truck with a refrigeration unit on top... This dirt bag is bringing his A-Game... All the milk & cheese he can drink/eat.   Hope he's lactose intolerant!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I read it was a diary truck with a refrigeration unit on top... This dirt bag is bringing his A-Game... All the milk & cheese he can drink/eat.   Hope he's lactose intolerant!

It's a Transit van with a unit on top that he stole from a dairy farm.

image.png.bbce6c2b9b02a322a3265b03ef462be4.pngimage.png.dacacb9ab0231806846e2c6d5440623a.png

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yep. Now he's in another vehicle but they don't know what and they have no idea where he is.

They also arrested his sister who, for some reason, they weren't tailing.

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Shocked 1

Interesting story from the psych side:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/09/13/danelo-cavalcante-captured-pennsylvania-brazil/

“...Of course the guy is a cruel killer,” Pires Bragança, a 41-year-old publicist in São Paulo, Brazil, said before authorities announced Cavalcante’s capture Wednesday. “But he is a guy who escaped and is giving crap to people who have money and power. I don’t want him to win, but I hope he gets a lot of attention.   ...

...Vera Iaconelli, a psychoanalyst in São Paulo, says the killer’s emergence as a kind of cult hero makes sense.

“We are more likely to identify ourselves with the weaker side of the story, the man alone against the institution with more resources, intelligence and weapons,” she said. “But in this case, he is not just the weak side of the story, he is Brazilian, a Latino, someone from South America. He represents a region that has historically suffered in the hands of the U.S.”

I guess you have to mesh that with the awfulness of his murdering ways vs. the awfulness of how others around the world perceive what the US does. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.