Will the opener be blacked out by Spectrum and espy

Liberal Bob

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Maybe it’s the Food Network I’m thinking of 

It's got that.  No A&E, AMC, CNN, History channel, TBS, TCM, or TNT.  Might be Cooking Channel...that one is on their Ultimate plan.  There's a new streaming service called Frndly that has A&E and the History channel among 40 other channels for only $6.99 per month, so that could work around a couple of them.

The only two providers that give you everything (or gave you everything) were Spectrum and Direct TV stream.   DTV is feuding with Nextar over the locals at present, but you can use an antenna to get around that.

I read today that the ultimate plan for Disney is to develop ESPN into a standalone streaming service.  They're talking with everyone about partnering...including Verizon, Amazon, and the NFL.  The target was 2025 but that is likely to move up as Disney will need to recoup lost revenue.   It's actually in Charter's best interest to move this forward to resolution.  I actually sent an email to the VP of Customer Service for Charter today.  (It was clean! :) )

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

It's got that.  No A&E, AMC, CNN, History channel, TBS, TCM, or TNT.  Might be Cooking Channel...that one is on their Ultimate plan.  There's a new streaming service called Frndly that has A&E and the History channel among 40 other channels for only $6.99 per month, so that could work around a couple of them.

The only two providers that give you everything (or gave you everything) were Spectrum and Direct TV stream.   DTV is feuding with Nextar over the locals at present, but you can use an antenna to get around that.

I read today that the ultimate plan for Disney is to develop ESPN into a standalone streaming service.  They're talking with everyone about partnering...including Verizon, Amazon, and the NFL.  The target was 2025 but that is likely to move up as Disney will need to recoup lost revenue.   It's actually in Charter's best interest to move this forward to resolution.  I actually sent an email to the VP of Customer Service for Charter today.  (It was clean! :) )

Cooking Channel, that’s it!!

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I called and tried to get them to tell me how much they pay per subscriber per month for Disney/ESPN channels.  Told me they don’t have the info, and maybe I should google it. 😡

Did they offer you the $15 credit?

I read several articles that Disney gets $9+ for every ESPN cable subscriber.

I humbly accept this ESPY. I want to thank my parents and god. Also my neighbors dog. This for sure wouldnt have been possible without him. His ninja super sleuth poops kept me going. If not for him, I wouldnt have had the will or desire to figure out who was leaving these pup patties. Where did these fido flakes keep coming from?! Eventually, after much persistence I found it was him leaving these bow wow blobs. After speaking with my neighbor and letting him know his pooch was leaving me fecal fortune cookies, the canine crapcakes seem to have subsided for now. Its only because of that, that I have the time to be here tonight to accept this ESPY. Thank you

11 hours ago, SoTier said:

There's another thread on this topic.  If you are a Spectrum customer and can get programming on ABC, you should be able to see the Bills on MNF since the game is being broadcast on both ESPN and ABC.  If ABC is blacked out, then your ABC station is owned by Disney, so you will have to find a work around to see the game.   The other thread has lots of suggestions.

Well, now I feel stupid. I get two ABCs, one from NYC and one from Albany, and it never occurred to me to check the Albany one, but I did and it's working. Thanks for explaining this!:D

8 hours ago, Red Squirrel said:

Well, now I feel stupid. I get two ABCs, one from NYC and one from Albany, and it never occurred to me to check the Albany one, but I did and it's working. Thanks for explaining this!:D

Don't sweat it.   Brain farts happen to the best of us ... I speak from experience!

18 hours ago, jkeerie said:

If you call them or do a chat, you will be given a $15 credit applied to next month's bill.  I did a chat since their auto attendant is exactly what House quoted.  

Just did a chat and got the $15.  Told them I'll be back next week for another $15

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Gugny said:

Fubo is good. I pay a little extra for the sports package so I can get SNY to see Mets games. 

As far as Bills games, there’s no difference. If it’s not a nationally televised game, then I’m at the mercy of the local fox/cbs affiliate … just like I was with Spectrum. 

Between Internet service and Cable, I’m spending about $80 less/month with Fubo vs. Spectrum. 

Not having the Travel Channel is my only  minor gripe. 

I would have done the same thing by now, right down to the SNY, but my elderly father-in-law (also a Mets fan) lives with us and it's actually almost worth the extra expense not to have to teach him how to watch internet TV.  We have tried over the years.  Our other TVs are variously hooked up to Rokus, Firesticks, and Apple TVs.  We hooked up an Apple TV to his screen, showed him how it worked, wrote out the instructions... and he never used it.  I still pay for a landline (remember those?) for the same reason.  

But I did just get the $15 credit from Spectrum.  Woo hoo.

4 hours ago, BRH said:

I would have done the same thing by now, right down to the SNY, but my elderly father-in-law (also a Mets fan) lives with us and it's actually almost worth the extra expense not to have to teach him how to watch internet TV.  We have tried over the years.  Our other TVs are variously hooked up to Rokus, Firesticks, and Apple TVs.  We hooked up an Apple TV to his screen, showed him how it worked, wrote out the instructions... and he never used it.  I still pay for a landline (remember those?) for the same reason.  

I hear you.  My late Mom would not have been able to handle streaming...especially the Apple and Roku remotes.   She passed in 2018 and when I returned the cable box for her bedroom TV, I called Spectrum afterward and the customer service rep told me about streaming.  That's when I made the move to Apple TV in the LR and Rokus elsewhere.  I still have a landline in addition to my cell.  It's actually a nice backup for when the cell service isn't that great which has occurred from time to time at home.

5 hours ago, BRH said:

Funny … when I dropped spectrum tv was also when I dropped my landline!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.