Will the opener be blacked out by Spectrum and espy

Liberal Bob

10 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Yeah ok.

In ‘22 streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime took the largest share of the television viewing audience, surpassing both cable and broadcast TV. Streaming captured 34.8 percent of July ( 2022)  viewers,  compared to 34.4 percent for cable and 21.6 percent for broadcast. 

In the second half of 2022, cord-cutters became the majority. The share of cable and satellite television subscribers dipped to 48 percent.

In other words, more people now stream mostly through internet TV services, according to streaming vs cable statistics. 

It over, cable or done.

48% of all subscribers is "dying"? 

Anyway, Wall Street has already decided subscriber numbers for streamers no longer reflect value--only revenue does.  More subscribers aren't keeping up with the massive costs of creating content.  That model is now killing them.  They cannot sign up enough subscribers to pay for the content.  

For the most part, cable companies don't create much content so they have negligible production costs.  Charter is trying to be a one stop shop--carrying streamers as well.  They are willing to walk away Fromm the cable business.  Disney can't afford to walk away from it's streaming mess.

https://www.wired.com/story/hbo-max-netflix-disney-plus-day-streaming-died/

https://www.techradar.com/features/2022-was-the-year-streaming-services-thrived-and-died

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2022/09/07/streaming-tv-changes-crisis/

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, 145B4IDIE said:

I didn’t have color TV until mid seventies you whiners😎

When you think of what some of us have experienced in our lifetimes when it comes to television, it's quite remarkable.  We got our first black and white TV...a cabinet model with an indoor antenna when I was maybe 5 years old.  We got 3 channels.  4 if you counted public television.  Then we graduated to color.  I remember when cable came out.  So many channels...it was heaven.  I had satellite for awhile when Time Warner lost the NFL Network then went back to cable when I relocated to WNY and my current home.  I switched to streaming in 2018 after my Mom passed away.  (She would never have been able to handle streaming...especially the remote controls on the Roku and Apple TV.)  So some of us have experienced it all.  Change is inevitable.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/4/2023 at 7:56 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Will be be on channel 7 Buffalo

Yeah ABC has it.  So 13 in Rochester.

18 hours ago, jkeerie said:

When you think of what some of us have experienced in our lifetimes when it comes to television, it's quite remarkable.  We got our first black and white TV...a cabinet model with an indoor antenna when I was maybe 5 years old.  We got 3 channels.  4 if you counted public television.  Then we graduated to color.  I remember when cable came out.  So many channels...it was heaven.  I had satellite for awhile when Time Warner lost the NFL Network then went back to cable when I relocated to WNY and my current home.  I switched to streaming in 2018 after my Mom passed away.  (She would never have been able to handle streaming...especially the remote controls on the Roku and Apple TV.)  So some of us have experienced it all.  Change is inevitable.

Agreed.  I can't even watch sports in SD with a low framerate now after having such great quality for several years.  I turned into such a B word that way ;) 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.