Bills/Jets game may be blacked out if you are a Spectrum subscriber.

Beast

13 hours ago, nucci said:

Go to either home or library...not sure which and select the Bills as your team. It will record any bills game being broadcast. You don't have to schedule anything. It's added to your library. I have the 3 preseason games recorded. Didn't schedule them. It's easier than Directv. No searching for what channel or network the game is on. Sometimes Bills would be on the ticket 700 channels or local CBS or Fox. Don't have to do this with youtube TV

Well this sounds great but I can't figure out how to select the Bills.  I've looked around in the library and home pages and others and I can't find any place where I can identify the Bills as the team I want to watch.  Is this something I should be able to do anytime, or only when they're getting ready to show a game?  Appreciate the help.

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

Well this sounds great but I can't figure out how to select the Bills.  I've looked around in the library and home pages and others and I can't find any place where I can identify the Bills as the team I want to watch.  Is this something I should be able to do anytime, or only when they're getting ready to show a game?  Appreciate the help.

I forgot exactly how I did it. Go to library at top of screen and scroll down to sports on left column. Should give you an option to choose teams to add to library. At this point I don't have to do anything the rest of the season. All Bills broadcasts will be recorded. Sorry couldn't be more helpful

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah, I upgraded my Hulu subscription to include LiveTV and got ESPN back so I can watch College Gameday and the other college games today. It's instant access once you click the upgrade button.

Will cancel once this dispute is resolved in a couple of days.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, K-9 said:

I understand various entities other than Disney owning local ABC affiliates stations, but Disney owns ABC and the programming it produces itself. If the various entities that own the various affiliate stations are looked at as pipes, then the Disney/ABC produced programming is one of the products flowing thru them and from what I’ve gathered, Disney has turned off the ABC spigot to Spectrum. The individual affiliate stations that have individual broadcasting deals with Spectrum can show all the non Disney/ABC programming they want, but they can’t force Disney/ABC to also include their programming in their deal with Spectrum. 

The ABC affiliate for Buffalo (WKBW channel 7) is still available to Spectrum subscribers (me).   I think this is because Spectrum picks up the ABC feed via WKBW rather than directly from Disney.   Unless your local ABC station is owned by Disney, you should be able to get the Bills game next Monday even if the dispute isn't settled.

• Like (+1) 1

Albany was trying to be helpful, but Tampa is one of the cities where we don’t have our local ABC programming right now, so it’s onto a bar which sucks.

Not because I won’t enjoy the game, it’s just I get up at 4:45am every weekday.  I love how spectrum is framing they are thinking of the customers which is crap.

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

The ABC affiliate for Buffalo (WKBW channel 7) is still available to Spectrum subscribers (me).   I think this is because Spectrum picks up the ABC feed via WKBW rather than directly from Disney.   Unless your local ABC station is owned by Disney, you should be able to get the Bills game next Monday even if the dispute isn't settled.

These media ownership and programming deals can be difficult to sort thru. A friend at the ABC in NY told me that there are a lot of upset viewers in that market and he confirmed what @Albany,n.y. pointed out previously about the programming deals that independent network affiliates have with various cable providers. Having worked for a major satellite provider to TV networks, my incorrect assumption was that if you own the programming, then you hold the exclusive rights to that programming and it can’t be broadcast without your approval. Glad to stand corrected on the issue.

Just contacted Spectrum via chat.  (I hate there auto attendant on phone.)  There is a one time $15 credit they are offering to placate customers while negotiations continue.  I saw a report on CNBC as they were discussing Disney's stock price dropping, that Charter was planning on the cost of credits to their customers.  So...if you haven't already switched and can be a bit patient, give Spectrum a shout and get the credit.

I'm glad I made the switch to youtubetv.  Right now I'm watching four college football games at once on a four way split screen and I didn't even have to choose each channel.  It just took me to it.  Plus, you get unlimited DVR which is nice.  Cable companies (Spectrum in my case) just made it too easy for people to finally cut the cord.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm glad I made the switch to youtubetv.  Right now I'm watching four college football games at once on a four way split screen and I didn't even have to choose each channel.  It just took me to it.  Plus, you get unlimited DVR which is nice.  Cable companies (Spectrum in my case) just made it too easy for people to finally cut the cord.

me too

14 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

That's a nice feature.  Unfortunately, You Tube doesn't offer some key channels for me.  I cut the cord on cable a few years ago, but stuck with the Spectrum app and stream it.  There are plenty of good games on other than ESPN stations.  We'll see how this episode plays out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.