Seven month hiatus over - what is with all the concern and 10-7 predictions????

Billsfan1972

Let me tell you: I took the odds with "Bills win 10+ games" and ran with them. 

In terms of expectations I think some is real and some is manufactured. The Bills play the Eagles, Chiefs and Bengals on the road. We lost a home game to a London matchup vs the Jags. As much as I hate admitting it, the Jets and Dolphins threw money around this off season and look better on paper while we split with them last year.

But a big part is the 7 month long silly season and the need to keep talking about something . Which is how we got endless speculation on how Diggs is unhappy, how McDermott is losing the team, about how Josh Allen has regressed. On the flip side, national media has never gone broke hyping a NY team and the Aaron Rogers acquisition was a big splash

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

For the OT, frequent misses or underachieving in the first three rounds since after the first round in 2018, 20 or so million dollar difference makers on the rack in back to back years, the division has gotten better, tough schedule, and seemingly every QB of noteworthiness plays in this conference.

For you Guns, stay safe, brother. It would be a shame if you had to give up your Raiders tickets because you are pre-occupied!  

Fat chance Donuts, there is too much pillaging of beef and cheese burritos from MT, sheet pizzas from Blasdell, and Labatts lights.  We’ll be there.  

Holefully you guys who know the landscape now with the construction have a lot to meet.  Hammers was always our go to IR the lot next to it, but they are gone.

when we get closer, the usual suspects chime in where TBDers are gathering for the Raiders.  So far no power lost, so myself and couple of buddies are going binge some. End movies and crush a couple of cases for a hurricane party.  We have to stay off the roads today.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, boyst said:

the entire OL - we are not better at. RT is no better. 1 guard is improved the other still a question mark. dawkins seems like he's not up to his best form

WR - on paper we look better but i don't buy we are better than we are at this point last year with the hope that mckenzie would be as good as he was supposed to be. i don't buy harty or sherfeld are going to be better

and i did forget TE - but in my defense the guy is a rookie and it's not that i forgot him it is that i don't put a ton of weight into rookies.

I agree with much of what you said boyst.  Additionally, I too will not put too much on Kincaid, but that being said I honestly believe he will be good for 48 grabs, and his numbers should not really have an effect on Knox.  They play the same position, but don't necessarily do the same things as we all know.  Meaning we could see a total of 100 receptions from our TEs this year...hopefully.

• Agree 1

I also think some of this is about coaching.  Do we believe in Ken Dorsey?  Is HC Sean McDermott a better at Head Coach?   How will DC Sean McDermott work?

Also, what will materially change with team and coaching to stop the now long streak of flaming out in last playoff games?

I think many are tired of all the hype and talking about how great they are, and want to actually see them live up to their potential before they crown them again.  Like actually prove that you are a Super Bowl caliber team before we crown them all that.

6 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Fat chance Donuts, there is too much pillaging of beef and cheese burritos from MT, sheet pizzas from Blasdell, and Labatts lights.  We’ll be there.  

Holefully you guys who know the landscape now with the construction have a lot to meet.  Hammers was always our go to IR the lot next to it, but they are gone.

when we get closer, the usual suspects chime in where TBDers are gathering for the Raiders.  So far no power lost, so myself and couple of buddies are going binge some. End movies and crush a couple of cases for a hurricane party.  We have to stay off the roads today.

That's great, GUNS, but honestly, you seem to be putting a lot of pressure on yourself.

Rest assured there is a Board Member here willing to take those tickets off your hands, for full price.  A balding * (knocks out only 15% of the Members) , yet extremely handsome (takes out about 65% at TSW), with a huge heart that he wears on his sleeve (OK, 80% or so in) who is ready and waiting, in the pinch!

Please note, although I will try and be in attendance for the MT run, I will not be eating.  Brother, I feel too good lately.  Within 5 lbs of the lightest I've been in 8 years and I feel like a kid again.  Plus I'm seeing my doctor about a week later so I want to keep it going.

(* Who am I kidding...bald)

Go Bills!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Chris Simms has us missing the playoffs.....has Miami as the 4th seed, Jets 5th, Bengals 6th and Steelers 7th 😲

Chris Simms was smoking something special before that prediction. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I agree with much of what you said boyst.  Additionally, I too will not put too much on Kincaid, but that being said I honestly believe he will be good for 48 grabs, and his numbers should not really have an effect on Knox.  They play the same position, but don't necessarily do the same things as we all know.  Meaning we could see a total of 100 receptions from our TEs this year...hopefully.

That’s pragmatic speculation.  To expand Donuts, I look at DK2 as a unit so 1100 yards total and 11 TD’s however it breaks between the two are rational goals for success.  It’s not the yards it’s when and how they get them in executing for the most important goal, POINTS.

Knox will be used more In-Line, and Kincaid the flex outside as currently Knox is the better blocker.  Dorsey knows that and use each to their natural strengths as Kinkaid will learn blocking throughout his rookie year.

I am cautiously optimistic on Sherfield and Cook.  Harris hopefully stays healthy and can effectively be our banger.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

That’s pragmatic speculation.  To expand Donuts, I look at DK2 as a unit so 1100 yards total and 11 TD’s however it breaks between the two are rational goals for success.  It’s not the yards it’s when and how they get them in executing for the most important goal, POINTS.

Knox will be used more In-Line, and Kincaid the flex outside as currently Knox is the better blocker.  Dorsey knows that and use each to their natural strengths as Kinkaid will learn blocking throughout his rookie year.

I am cautiously optimistic on Sherfield and Cook.  Harris hopefully stays healthy and can effectively be our banger.

Solid, GUNS.  

Honestly...Truly...I do believe there will be separate slot receiver (Harty) receptions in line, but greater than, iMck's 42 receptions last year.  However, I think most, not all, of DK JR's receptions will be outside of that.  I am not saying they are not going to be slot type receptions.  I mean most of his grabs will be out of the ether...they will truly add to the offense and not just replace what was done in the past.  

More first downs

Increasing number of opportunities for future drives.  

A macro increase to our offensive efficiency in total.

I'm all in.

Go Blls!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

Chris Simms was smoking something special before that prediction. 

I'm not going to beat up people (most people) who are judging us right now.  I think it is going to be a tough season.

However, I will say what I have previously said:  I think whatever record this Bills team finishes at STILL will be a better TEAM than the 13-3 2022 Bills.  I'll take the January 2024 Bills, even if they are 11-6 or 10-7, over the 13-3 January 2023 Bills.  

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, HappyCat said:

I agree about the age factor on Defense.  I don't see Poyer, & Hyde making it through a 17 game season.

You are going to see it alot this year where Poyer and Hyde get torched because the can't match the opponents speed.

Poyer in camp has look extremely slow and Hyde not much better.  They are going to have to rely on superior position to make plays because their speed is drastically worse from what I have seen in training camp,  this even showed against Pit in the 2nd preseason game.  Poyer got smoked by Pitt's RB for the TD run to the house.

• Agree 1

Schedule is pretty tough….I think they’ll be better than last year skill wise but only win 11 this time and win the division by a game or two.  Jets or dolphins will win 9 or 10 (probably the jets) and the one of those teams that doesn’t is gonna be the disappointment of the year 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

17 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Sorry don't pay too much attention in the offseason or pre-season.  Yes free agency and read up on the Bills picks in the draft, but that's all.  

I already had 12-5 as the expected record and a 1 or 2 seed.

Now I'm reading division up for grabs and a dogfight to make the playoffs.

What did I miss?  

On Sunday, I turn the TV on and expect the Bills to win. I haven’t felt that way in my entire life. I am completely content & confident where this team is going. Rodgers & the Jets are the new media darlings and that’s absolutely fine, they have one of the most loaded rosters in the league plus Aaron Rodgers. I haven’t been this excited for an opener in a while. It’s going to be fun as a fan of football to watch Allen & Arod battle it out. If Buffalo loses then so be it. We lost to the Steelers a couple years ago in the opener and went on to have a very good season. People act like other teams don’t have roster holes every year, it’s why the NFL draft was invented. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

This team was 7-6 in 2021 playing trash QBs and teams.

10-7, 9-8, 11-6, 12-5 don’t really care.  

Just get in.  Get hot and healthy at the right time.  

The best and healthiest team in the worst conference I’ve seen in decades beat Daniel Jones and then the 49ers 4th QB and got to the SB.  

The Chiefs also got healthy and played a young Jags team then a team that decided to talk trash about them.  Things broke right for those teams.    

Super Bowls aren’t won in September.  We need things to break our way in December and January.   It’s going to be a grind.  

7-6 in 2021 was a massive fluke filled with screwjobs and things beyond our control.  Of those 6 losses only 2 were legitimate straight up losses in the somewhat flukey week 1 against Steelers and the beating from Indy.  The other 4 were...

- Titans aided by multiple uncalled blatant holds on Henry's long TD run, and Josh's foot slipping on crap turf.

- Loss to Jags which I consider the worst officiated game that nobody talks about, because it wasn't a high profile game.

- Windstorm game against Patriots completely nerfing our passing offense vs the more run focused Pats.

- Buccs DBs getting away with committing war crimes against Diggs in a game that had no business making it to OT.

And those all came after a 4 game stretch where we went 156-41 point differential with 2 shutouts and a dominant road win in KC.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

The Dolphins and Jets both beat us once each last year.  They each got significantly better in the offseason.  We did not.  That's why people are a little less optimistic about this season than we were about the last couple of seasons.  Our road to a division title isn't going to be as easy as it has been recently.

Now, the Bills are arguably still the best team in the division.  We certainly have the best QB, and that matters tremendously.  When I say that the Bills did not get better in the offseason while the Jets and Dolphins did, we already had a SB-caliber roster and there wasn't a lot of scope for us to do anything but tread water.  The other two teams had a lot more room for improvement than we did.  We haven't slipped -- our rivals have simply improved.

I don't think you can look at the Bills and Dolphins and seriously argue that one team is clearly better than the other.  Our rosters are different, but both of these teams would ordinarily be favored to win most divisions and make a deep playoff run.  The Jets are a notch behind IMO, but they could also be really good if Rodgers performs better than I expect him to.  It's going to be a tough division to win, the WC race is going to be murderous in the AFC, and there's no reason to expect any favorable matchups in the playoffs.  We have a tougher climb this year than we did last year.  

its also HOW we looked. THey looked like crap/fell apart against MIA in playoffs against skylar thompson. they LOST to ZACH WILSON. i like florios analogy of a jenga tower and his factual post about a harder schedule is real. other than that its clickbait

18 hours ago, Virgil said:

Glaring hole at MLB

Concerns at RT that could go downhill quick

Tough schedule and Conference 

Diggs wants out of Buffalo

Josh Allen's body will implode if he does one more hurdle

Our only remaining backup QB is just Allen's drinking buddy and never played QB

The backup assistant strength and conditioning coach is calling defensive plays

God hates the Bills

Turns out, Edmunds was good

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

That's great, GUNS, but honestly, you seem to be putting a lot of pressure on yourself.

Rest assured there is a Board Member here willing to take those tickets off your hands, for full price.  A balding * (knocks out only 15% of the Members) , yet extremely handsome (takes out about 65% at TSW), with a huge heart that he wears on his sleeve (OK, 80% or so in) who is ready and waiting, in the pinch!

Please note, although I will try and be in attendance for the MT run, I will not be eating.  Brother, I feel too good lately.  Within 5 lbs of the lightest I've been in 8 years and I feel like a kid again.  Plus I'm seeing my doctor about a week later so I want to keep it going.

(* Who am I kidding...bald)

Go Bills!

Did I mention my sister pulled in a favor as she’s been with the Sabres for 20 years.  I can’t tell you who, but there is an admin person for the Bills who scored us 45 yard line lower deck normally $650 per ticket for $185.  My boys nephews and cousins are stoked.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Did I mention my sister pulled in a favor as she’s been with the Sabres for 20 years.  I can’t tell you who, but there is an admin person for the Bills who scored us 45 yard line lower deck normally $650 per ticket for $185.  My boys nephews and cousins are stoked.

Nice Pull.  Huge win.  Sisters rule!!!!

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.