[Name Only Title] AJE (future)

akcash

12 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

If he’s your starter at DE, then you are desperately trying to upgrade. A career as a rotational/backup DE is respectable. The problem is taking a player like that in the second round. If he was a fifth round pick he’d be well liked and fans would want him kept around to be DE4. But alas…..

Sure what he’s shown so far is not enough to be a starter and you would want to upgrade. but I think he’s got a bit of growth he can achieve. 

13 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I wouldn't get too enamored with the 6.5 sacks. He will show a flash here and there. He mostly is very inconsistent and definitely not reliable. He's shown us this for years. We all want him to breakout but it's just not going to happen. The guy isn't anything but a role player. Plenty of them everywhere. 

Many fans have been saying this year after year without success. AJE isn't that good, not reliable, and inconsistent. The Bills need to do better. As a fan, I'm tired of the AJE hype. I won't be disappointed when he's not in a Bills uniform. 

He won't get 10 sacks. 

Showing flashes is what will he get him a contract though. I wouldn’t scoff at 6.5 sacks.  Additionally he has not shown that level of production before for so long. Agree he had some great games and then disappeared for a most the season. He’s now registering more good games as he gets more consistent. 

32 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Sure what he’s shown so far is not enough to be a starter and you would want to upgrade. but I think he’s got a bit of growth he can achieve. 

Showing flashes is what will he get him a contract though. I wouldn’t scoff at 6.5 sacks.  Additionally he has not shown that level of production before for so long. Agree he had some great games and then disappeared for a most the season. He’s now registering more good games as he gets more consistent. 

I don't believe in AJE. Hope I'm wrong. 

1 hour ago, Eastport bills said:

Every season we’re looking for this guy to be impactful. Sadly he can’t get consistent pressure rushing the QB and his tackles are also lacking in the run game. He’s got speed and has been injury free. If he doesn’t emerge this year he’s got to go. 

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

If he never suited up in another game, but no one told you, how long would it be until you realized it?

For me, I'm not sure they day would ever come.

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't believe in AJE. Hope I'm wrong. 

As much as I’m with all of you, Bills Brass  must believe in him. To go into this year with Floyd, Groot, Shaq. King Jonathan, and AJE, they’re going to be relying on him to play significant snaps again this season before the return of DE1

AJE was anywhere from 20%-60% of snaps throughout the regular season last year, with being consistently in the 45ish range the last few week of the regular season and into the playoffs.

I expect that number to remain pretty consistent again this year, especially early on. 

9 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

As much as I’m with all of you, Bills Brass  must believe in him. To go into this year with Floyd, Groot, Shaq. King Jonathan, and AJE, they’re going to be relying on him to play significant snaps again this season before the return of DE1

AJE was anywhere from 20%-60% of snaps throughout the regular season last year, with being consistently in the 45ish range the last few week of the regular season and into the playoffs.

I expect that number to remain pretty consistent again this year, especially early on. 

Following that train of thought. Look at the MLB position. Look at how they believed in Davis and McKenzie. Look at how they believed in Spencer Brown. The list goes on and on. 

The fact that "Bills Brass" believes in someone doesn't equate to success. 

On 8/28/2023 at 11:13 PM, newcam2012 said:

AJE is what he is. He's not elite, he's not a game changer, he's average at best, and he's replaceable. 

I have no issues with him not being in a Bills uniform. 

I would assume 100% of our 4th string pass rushers (behind Miller, Floyd, Rousseau) will be replaceable 

on a rookie deal, great 

in free agency, all a matter of price

10 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm just tired of the years of AJE hype. 

maybe that’s an issue with how you consume information and not the player? 

he’s a day 2 pick at a super premium position in the draft. At that crossroads, he’s a good player making fair contributions. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

maybe that’s an issue with how you consume information and not the player? 

he’s a day 2 pick at a super premium position in the draft. At that crossroads, he’s a good player making fair contributions. 

He's replaceable. 

1 hour ago, Rico said:

No matter what happens with AJ, that hit he put on Tua will always make me smile. :thumbsup:

I hear you, but “hit” is used generously there. I’ve seen more contact trying to get on an elevator.    😋

The guy seems to have some decent production each year, sure he's not a Von Miller but he is a threat to get to the QB we have had much worse pass rushers than him . If he makes another jump this season from his what 6 sack season last yr to say 8+ i won't think of him as some do here which seems to be not very good .

Edited by T master

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.