Bills vs Jets MNF Season Opener Events in NJ! Tailgate & Sunday Information.

Hello from the North Jersey Bills Backers!

The MNF season opener in NJ is quickly approaching and we wanted to provide an update on the weekend events.  To kick off the festivities, we will be hosting a pep rally at our new Bills Backer location in Glen Rock, NJ on Sunday, September 10th.  We are very excited to call The Stone & Rail home this season (http://stoneandrail.com/) . For those coming from out of town, the Stone & Rail is very easy to travel to and is located yards from the closest train station at 175 Rock Rd., Glen Rock, NJ 07452.  At 1:00 we start things off with a Labatt Blue keg tapping (this is a big deal at a bar that normally only carries craft varieties!)  There will be a special Bills themed menu and football on the multiple TVs.  We hope you can stop out for some great drinks, food, and Bills talk! 

IT’S GAME TIME! On Monday, September 11th, we will be showing up at lot 26 as soon as it opens at 3:00.  If you are driving to the game, you will need to pre purchase a gold parking pass.  It is unclear based on the Jets website if you can purchase passes at the gate, but you can pre purchase your passes.   For those of you that have not had the good fortune of attending a Bills Tailgate at Metlife Stadium, it is not to be missed!  Bills fans take over the entire lot and make it their own.  This means great food & drink, games, impromptu shout song sing-alongs, and the greatest fans in the world.  We encourage anyone that wants to join our tailgate to bring a dish to share and whatever you plan on drinking.  There will be a few backers willing to grill items that require it.  If you are unable to bring something to share, we encourage a small donation to the chefs that have gone all out for this event.  You can speak to our Tailgate Chairman, Nader, or our President, Sid.  Both will be manning the grills.  You can locate our tailgate headquarters by the North New Jersey Bills Backers flag and the best food in the lot!

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.  I am happy to provide my email or cell number after speaking by PM.  You can also contact us through our FB page (Northern New Jersey Buffalo Bills Backers) or our website, https://www.njbillsbackers.com/

***Please comment below or send me a quick PM if you plan on going to the Stone & Rail on Sunday so we can provide a rough estimate to the owners***

We look forward to seeing everyone, and to a great Bills victory to start the 2023 season!

GO BILLS!

The menu for Sunday…

IMG_1991.jpeg

Edited by HereComesTheReignAgain
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• HereComesTheReignAgain changed the title to Bills vs Jets MNF Season Opener Events in NJ! Tailgate & Sunday Information.

In case anyone heard any rumors about the tailgate lot location changing, the Northern Jersey Bills Backers and all our friends will be in lot 26, as it has been for years. Your gold parking pass works for lot 26. Great food, plenty of drinks, and the best fans in the world!  We hope to see everyone that is in the area at the Sunday pre party at The Stone & Rail and on Monday night at the tailgate in lot 26!   Go Bills! 

20 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Wish I could join you all this year. For those considering attending, the train to the stadium is the way to go. Park in Secaucus and take the train, easy walk to the lot 

It’s too bad you can’t make it this year. Last year was a good time! (Except for the final score). 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Highly suggest Steve's Sizzling Steaks. It's right across highway from stadium

Met Jim Kelley, Lawrence Taylor and many actors and athletes. When you walk in you'll see the pictures 

Jim Kelley from Buffalo news died in 2010 from cancer. He lived in South Buffalo near my relatives.

9 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Any way to obtain a pair of tickets without paying the arm and leg Ticketmaster and your other sites are asking for? Would be awesome to join the tailgate but if I'm coming from this far, going to the game would ideally be part of the experience.

Normally our Backer group has some connections to tickets, but they were really tough to come by this year, for obvious reasons. If I hear of anything, I will let you know asap. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Everything that I have heard has a lot of money being bet on the Bills.  Someone on the radio was saying it is the most money bet of week one.

The betting public has loved the Bills more than this board for two years. I think it has to do with Josh’s running producing more value per the analytics than is perceived watching the game.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

The betting public has loved the Bills more than this board for two years. I think it has to do with Josh’s running producing more value per the analytics than is perceived watching the game.  

Self-loathing is integral to most Bills fans

MOST.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Was this the backers at Duffys in Paterson?

And highly recommend Steve's Sizzling Steaks.  Right accross highway from Metlife and 1 of a kind. Worked there for years, met Jim Kelly and many other athletes n celebrities.  You'll see a bunch of picturesof them when you walk in

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Was this the backers at Duffys in Paterson?

And highly recommend Steve's Sizzling Steaks.  Right accross highway from Metlife and 1 of a kind. Worked there for years, met Jim Kelly and many other athletes n celebrities.  You'll see a bunch of picturesof them when you walk in

Yes, we were previously located at Duffy's in Paterson.  We made a change this off season and are now meeting at The Stone & Rail in Glen Rock.  It is a really nice place and a much more convenient location.  

http://stoneandrail.com/ 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, uninja said:

Can confirm the tailgate at lot 26 goes hard and is a great time. Always attended when I lived near the city and could make it to games at MetLife.

Arrive early, the lot fills in FAST.

It is always a very good time and it is great to see a lot taken over by Bills fans!  We plan on being in line at the lot entrance by 2:30 at the latest.

11 minutes ago, uninja said:

Can confirm the tailgate at lot 26 goes hard and is a great time. Always attended when I lived near the city and could make it to games at MetLife.

Arrive early, the lot fills in FAST.

Especially on a weekday. Took off work Mon/Tues. Going to get to the stadium by 3:30 - 4:00. Lots open 5 hours before kickoff. Don't want to be on Rt 17 near rush hour. Traffic can be a pain in the ass then.

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon pinned this topic
3 hours ago, Gregg said:

Especially on a weekday. Took off work Mon/Tues. Going to get to the stadium by 3:30 - 4:00. Lots open 5 hours before kickoff. Don't want to be on Rt 17 near rush hour. Traffic can be a pain in the ass then.

Combining rush hour and stadium traffic would not be fun.  Definitely want to beat the work traffic to the stadium!

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Gregg said:

For those tailgating. It's still 5 days out but Monday's forecast for East Rutherford, NJ

cfbc7302eafd5d13fc50f7ef75a254f5.jpg

It seems to be changing a little for the worse as the week goes on.  A few days ago the daytime forecast was for "brilliant sunshine"! At least the night forecast is still pretty nice.  Mid 60s and mostly clear.  Very little wind.

IMG_1965.jpeg

Edited by HereComesTheReignAgain
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ll be there (at the tailgate at least). We are staying on the Upper West Side and driving in at like 2:15-3:00. Looking forward to it!!

Great!  I am Jon, the VP of the North Jersey Bills Backers.  I'll be the guy in the Kent Hull jersey (I assume there will not be many of those at the tailgate).  Looking forward to meeting a few of the forum members in person!

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

It seems to be changing a little for the worse as the week goes on.  A few days ago the daytime forecast was for "brilliant sunshine"! At least the night forecast is still pretty nice.  Mid 60s and mostly clear.  Very little wind.

IMG_1965.jpeg

I've been seeing morning isolated storms and scattered in the afternoon.  The field might have some wetness but it seems that the rain will be gone by kick off.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Great!  I am Jon, the VP of the North Jersey Bills Backers.  I'll be the guy in the Kent Hull jersey (I assume there will not be many of those at the tailgate).  Looking forward to meeting a few of the forum members in person!

I’ve met a bunch of them. It’s an underwhelming group 🙂.

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Mango said:

What tailgate does Pinto Ron show up to?

NJ and NYC Bills Backers should combine rather than be in two different lots. 

NYC Backers changed their plans after most of us had already purchased gold parking passes and made plans for lot 26.  They are in a lot that does not accept gold parking passes.  (The passes are about $85 on ticketmaster!)  We were not aware of the change until a few days ago.  Unfortunately this year there will be 2 tailgates.  We will be running the same great tailgate that we have had in lot 26 for many years.  Hopefully we can all get back on the same page next year.  Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I've taken all this information down and hope to make the tailgate in lot 26.  Unfortunately I am attending with 5 others, 3 are Jets fans, 1 is a Giants fan and the other is a Panthers fan, though he says that the Bills are his second favorite and will be in Bills gear for the game.

I am so excited about going and can't wait to see the Bills beat up on the Jets this year.  I'll be in section 349, either row 14 or 15.

I'm coming from Rochester, NY so I won't have a dish to pass, but will be more than happy to contribute if I can make the tailgate.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SinatraSinger said:

I've taken all this information down and hope to make the tailgate in lot 26.  Unfortunately I am attending with 5 others, 3 are Jets fans, 1 is a Giants fan and the other is a Panthers fan, though he says that the Bills are his second favorite and will be in Bills gear for the game.

I am so excited about going and can't wait to see the Bills beat up on the Jets this year.  I'll be in section 349, either row 14 or 15.

I'm coming from Rochester, NY so I won't have a dish to pass, but will be more than happy to contribute if I can make the tailgate.

Hope you can make it to lot 26!  Go Bills!

On 9/2/2023 at 4:50 PM, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

In case anyone heard any rumors about the tailgate lot location changing, the Northern Jersey Bills Backers and all our friends will be in lot 26, as it has been for years. Your gold parking pass works for lot 26. Great food, plenty of drinks, and the best fans in the world!  We hope to see everyone that is in the area at the Sunday pre party at The Stone & Rail and on Monday night at the tailgate in lot 26!   Go Bills! 

This is amazing. Thank you so much! At what point do you think you will be heading to seats? I am flying into Newark for work (landing at 5:30pm) and decided last minute to get tix to game. Meeting a couple of friends coming in from Manhattan and will need to fix meeting point with them…

32 minutes ago, seattlebillsfan said:

This is amazing. Thank you so much! At what point do you think you will be heading to seats? I am flying into Newark for work (landing at 5:30pm) and decided last minute to get tix to game. Meeting a couple of friends coming in from Manhattan and will need to fix meeting point with them…

We usually head to the stadium about 30-45 min before kickoff. There will be some of our crew that is staying in the lot to watch the game. Hope you can join us for the tailgate!  Go Bills! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.