Republican debate GDT

I thought it was pretty good.

Certainly spirited. 

My favorite response was during the questioning about interdicting Mexican cartels targeting the US, and someone, I think it was that NBC Welker woman who asked it.

She asked Nikki Haley how she thought her ex colleagues from the UN would react to active action against them, and she qucikly replied, "I don't care how the UN reacts."

Still, a probably unnoticed bit of humor my wife and I picked up.

There was a lengthy questioning of the TikToc issue, with most calling for a ban, but universal condemnation of it and its use by the Chinese Communist Party.

At 9:52 pm (+/-). there was a break and guess what commercial played.......Yep.....TicToc 

10 hours ago, BillStime said:

Classic MAGA - always someone else’s fault.

Classic Billsy overlooking the obvious to make an insignificant and inaccurate point.  Always someone else's fault is the entire basis of the left's victim/oppressor model.  Get with the program already!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

I really felt Christie was off base last night when he said that rich people should not be collecting Social Security (link below). 

I have a couple of problems with his position. 

First, Social Security has always been pitched as a "trust fund" with the general understanding that everyone contributes with higher earners contributing more but eventually receiving more.  The contributing/receiving is graduated which provides a fair incentive for people to earn more so they have a higher benefit during retirement.  Taking Social Security away from high earners (or anyone who contributes) turns the "trust fund" into a tax.  Once pandoras box is opened I expect next will come "means testing" for benefits and punishing middle income earners who saved for retirement or have pensions through their employer.  Through "means testing" I could see scenarios where those who earned/contributed little to Social Security receive as much as responsible earners who saved for their retirement.    

Second, "rich" is very subjective which Christie conveniently did not define.  It's easy to be on stage and call out Warren Buffet but what about those further down the ladder?  How do you determine "rich"?  If you use income earning $100k/year could be "rich" in WV but in NYC you would be close to average.  If you use a net worth calculation, many farmers or elderly with nice houses have properties worth millions but may barely be surviving.  Ask a farmer shoveling manure how "rich" they feel.  

‘Rich people should not be collecting Social Security,’ Chris Christie says at GOP debate

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

This is Lincoln calling out Douglas on Dred Scott level

But she didn’t even have her version of a Freeport Doctrine. 

This is your UniParty

vivek is a smartass brat concerned about himself only.  he's mini trump..

On 11/9/2023 at 7:13 AM, All_Pro_Bills said:

Classic Billsy overlooking the obvious to make an insignificant and inaccurate point.  Always someone else's fault is the entire basis of the left's victim/oppressor model.  Get with the program already!

none of this is with the program.  u r the supposed victims.  we are, in your eyes, the party of elites.   who you despise and resent and blame.....

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Not surprising you follow CatTurd, also known as three-time divorcee/trailer park trash who shoots at Walmart trucks  Phil Buchanan.

Phil doesn’t know what day it is half the time, not sure why this is some kind of “gotcha” or how this possibly ends her “political career forever” but it gets the inbred dumbasses riled up so hey. 

• Eyeroll 1