Republican debate GDT

48 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

CNN is out with its opinion of who won. pretty much a panel of talking heads posting about anything but the context

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/07/opinions/fourth-republican-debate-analysis/index.html

my take fwiw;

-Vivek is smart, anti establishment and insulting.  He won if it was a burn contest 

- Nikki came across as so plain-Jane, it seemed like she was on defense all night, I’m not corrupt, I didn’t do the law, I never said that… 

- Ron had some of the best “look at my resume I did it” stuff. But he is by far the least comfortable on camera- that won’t play well for him nationally. Someone tell the guy what to do with his arms. 

- Christie acted more like a moderator than a serious candidate… very likable defending Haley against insults, trying to be the adult in the room. 

All in all- this will be and interesting primary. The feild really needs to consolidate to one to have a shot at orange man. Desantis Haley ticket maybe? 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Not surprising you follow CatTurd, also known as three-time divorcee/trailer park trash who shoots at Walmart trucks  Phil Buchanan.

Phil doesn’t know what day it is half the time, not sure why this is some kind of “gotcha” or how this possibly ends her “political career forever” but it gets the inbred dumbasses riled up so hey. 

It wasnt a meme about dems.  

DeSantis, once again, won a debate based on his substance and ability to actually get things done.

He finally had some big moments that resonate and can be remembered.   Which is important in our 15 second attention span country. 

He also continues to have zero clue what to do with his body on a stage and when you have a dumb electorate, superficial stuff like that matters.

I do think that debate helped him, just like the Newsom debate did, but not sure if it’s enough - especially with Haley splitting the non-Trump vote. 

Speaking of Nikki … crash and burn.   Her worst debate, by far, and in the biggest moment as she had donor momentum.  Think what you want about Vivek, but he drew some blood and her exchanges with DeSantis revealed herself as the least conservative candidate on that stage, while allowing a direct contrast of her saying “I wanted to” and DeSantis able to say back “I did”. 

When Megyn Kelly interviewed her post-debate and asked her how she thinks she did, her response “It was fine, I mean, look… “ then she refused to take any questions from reporters and left the building.   She knows. 

Vivek is a chaos agent.   He would be the nominee if the election were held on Twitter.   He doesn’t play well to normie voters, but he serves a purpose.  I liked some of what he had to say, and some of it was just annoying.  

Chris Christie has zero reason to be on that stage.   But he allowed DeSantis to have a big moment after his droning on and on both-sides’ing the trans-kid debate.   He attacks Trump, which is necessary, but he’s basically a less awful Liz Cheney … most tune him out and his criticisms mirror those from the left far too often for them to be effective in convincing anyone he needs to convince.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 3

I finally watched a few "highlights." Dominated, of course, by Vivek and Christie, two candidates who are not winning anything. Vivek continues to campaign for VP while Christie is furthering his future as a TV pundit. DeSantis and Haley did nothing that 98% of the electorate will notice. At least Haley gets a tiny bit of screen time as the chivalrous fat man defends her honor.

A total minor league affair on a minor league network. It will change absolutely nothing. We remain on the highway to hell, Biden-Trump II.

• Like (+1) 1