Wk 1 - Bills -1.5 vs Jets - who you picking - how much can we over analyze this over the next 3 wks?

Chaos

19 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Thank you for the clarification my good man or woman. You are an asset to this board. 

"I'm not biased but the Bills simply cannot win this game, which is why I've comfortably put my life savings on it, here are the receipts"

5 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

Officiating is going to be a big deal.  Elam and Tre were grabbing every opposing players jersey, arms, waist and whatever they could get their hands on last year. They were getting numerous PI calls doing this last year too,  I don't see this changing this year.  These two guys need to step it up another level this year if not then they sure a hell are trade candidates for 2024. 

That's different than saying the refs will favor the Jets because it is a nationally televised game in NYC with Aaron Rodgers. One is basic football and the other is conspiracy nonsense.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Watch and see how the refs call the game. You certainly can't think the Bills are going to get the close calls. I truly believe they will have a negative impact against the Bills. I don't think that's an unreasonable oo invalid thought process. 

Why wouldn't the Bills get the close calls? Bills have as many if not more star players if you buy the star player gets the calls argument. Why would they favor the Jets? Because Rich Eisen is a Jets fan? Seriously please expound on why you think the refs will favor the Jets. 

41 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Why wouldn't the Bills get the close calls? Bills have as many if not more star players if you buy the star player gets the calls argument. Why would they favor the Jets? Because Rich Eisen is a Jets fan? Seriously please expound on why you think the refs will favor the Jets. 

Ok will do.

Firstly, Buffalo is a small market while NY is a huge market. Thus, I believe the NFL would love to see the Jets do well. Generates more interest and revenue when a big market team is more successful. The Jets haven't made the playoffs in decades. The league would love nothing more than a Jet playoff appearance. 

Secondly, all eyes out on the Jets and Rodgers. The Jets on Hard Knox  just amplifies things. Right now, they are the talk of the NFL. The darlings of the league. The refs are human and likely can be influenced by the Jets hype.

Thirdly, the Jets are playing at home in front of what will be a wild, crazy, and frenzied fan base. The home field and crowd is more likely to influence the refs in the Jets favor. For example, questionable holds, not calling holds, and INTs calls. I think it's naive to think the home crowd doesn't influence the refs. The term "home job" confirms this. 

2 hours ago, arcane said:

"I'm not biased but the Bills simply cannot win this game, which is why I've comfortably put my life savings on it, here are the receipts"

Just don't bet more than you can afford. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, arcane said:

I should have used the term “non homer” not “non bias” I apologize for the wrong doing, thank you for pointing it out and I will make sure I use the English language more better in the future. Also I don’t bet, it’s childish. Good day

I am surprised the Jets are playing Rodgers this week vs the Giants. Last preseason game is the most meaningless as only the scrubs usually play. Especially this year with the Jets and Giants scheduled to play in the regular season so neither team will game plan at all.

Hope I'm wrong. Jets win this one at home. Their defense is very good and Rogers still has gas in the tank. Their O line not great for sure but maybe as good as ours. Don't like this matchup with the Rogers factor. Definitely like their defense over ours.

• Agree 1

• AuntieEm changed the title to Aaron Rodgers/State Farm breakup.

The simple fact that the Bills won 13 while only losing 3 games with their 3 losses by a combined 8 points speaks volumes. The Jets won 6 games. The Jets added Aaron Rodgers. Who else ? Davin cook? I’m not an Alan Lazard guy.?He’s a middle of the road 3rd receiver. Mecole Hardman? 🫤 Reggie Cobb? 😒 The Bills improved this year also. No need to show all the improvements here.  The Bills have never had a team this good since the Super Bowl years. 

This is my opinion…

the first half the Jets are way overhyped and make a lot of dumb mistakes and go down early… score at half 24-10

Second half the Jets calm down and their defense almost pitches a full half shut out.. it’s 27-23 with  45 seconds left and Rogers has the ball. He hits Davis for  25 yard TD to take the lead 30-27..  Allen marches down the field and with 10 seconds left they line up for the game tying FG of 50 yards and it hits the uprights…

Jets 30

Bills 27

close game and could go any way but I just see it as the Bills just coming up a bit short. But if it’s any consolation I see the Jets laying a big old egg against NE the following week and the Bills be tied for first after 2 weeks. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

This is my opinion…

the first half the Jets are way overhyped and make a lot of dumb mistakes and go down early… score at half 24-10

Second half the Jets calm down and their defense almost pitches a full half shut out.. it’s 27-23 with  45 seconds left and Rogers has the ball. He hits Davis for  25 yard TD to take the lead 30-27..  Allen marches down the field and with 10 seconds left they line up for the game tying FG of 50 yards and it hits the uprights…

Jets 30

Bills 27

close game and could go any way but I just see it as the Bills just coming up a bit short. But if it’s any consolation I see the Jets laying a big old egg against NE the following week and the Bills be tied for first after 2 weeks. 

Umm, Davis retired....

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/21/2023 at 10:00 PM, newcam2012 said:

It's hard not to think the Jets O isn't going to be better with Rodgers and Cook. 

I couldn't help but get flashbacks to the Cincinnati game when you mentioned the weak OL of the Jets. 

Truthfully, I don't have confidence in the Bills pass rush. Without a healthy Von they just don't look that good. 

Also, the Jets pounded the ball vs the Bills. They are not bad in run blocking. This seems to get overlooked here. 

It's too early for a game prediction. However, that crowd in 9/11 will be crazy and frenzied. Big advantage to the Jets. The bias in me thinks the refs will favor the Jets big time. 

This sure seems like a statement game for the Jets to their fans. 

This game has uphill battle written all over it. 

Yes. This is going to be the Jets SB. Saleh knows that if he wants to change the culture of the Jets then they are gonna have to take down Buffalo. Exposing that weak Jets line and getting to Rodgers will be key

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.