Wk 1 - Bills -1.5 vs Jets - who you picking - how much can we over analyze this over the next 3 wks?

Chaos

8 minutes ago, teef said:

yes, but not one of the soft ones who is predicting doom for the sake of protecting my fragile feelings.

Bills are going to lose by double digits. Itā€™s a prediction. I donā€™t like the matchup with our offense vs their defense. I think their offense will score vs our defense. So as a result I see the Bills getting rolled. Something like 27-14.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bills are going to lose by double digits. Itā€™s a prediction. I donā€™t like the matchup with our offense vs their defense. I think their offense will score vs our defense. So as a result I see the Bills getting rolled. Something like 27-14.

Ā 

Their OL also blows, and 39-year Rodgers can't run to escape the rush. I think it will be like last year's games. Physical, intense, hard-hitting game that will end up being a one score game. I don't see a blowout either way.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Ā 

Their OL also blows, and 39-year Rodgers can't run to escape the rush. I think it will be like last year's games. Physical, intense, hard-hitting game that will end up being a one score game. I don't see a blowout either way.

Aaron Rodgers gets the ball out quick. Heā€™ll be hard to sack week 1. The game will go a lot like Bengals vs Bills playoffs. Fans will freak out.

Ā 

Its a bad matchup.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

that's fair.Ā  i wasn't calling you out specifically.Ā  i've seen a number of post about how this year is the year everything is going to fall apart, we're totally out matched, etc.Ā  this is still a very good team.Ā  i get the bengals game left a bad taste in everyone's mouth, but that was last season.Ā  time to start over.

Ā 

for this game, it's going to be an over reaction either way.Ā  if the bills win, it doesn't mean the jets will be the same team at the end of the season after playing games together and gelling.Ā  if the jets win, we'll have to hear the noise, but maybe this was their super bowl, and things with an old qb break down as the season goes on.Ā  the first game doesn't move the meter much for me, but the win would sure be more pleasant.Ā  you saw this place after a bad preseason game.Ā  on the inverse, the board was as quiet it could be after a solid showing last week. it's how this place rolls.

Ā 

for the jets...they're not without their warts either.Ā  as mentioned, maybe it takes time for them to get their act straight, and maybe the bills in the first matchup is too much too early.Ā  also, i thought i heard their starting LT is a 38 year old with an injury history.Ā Ā 

Ā 

the only way i'll feel defeated after the first game is if they come out completely unprepared.Ā  i'd be surprised if that happens, but that to me would be strictly on coaching.

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Aaron Rodgers gets the ball out quick. Heā€™ll be hard to sack week 1. The game will go a lot like Bengals vs Bills playoffs. Fans will freak out.

Ā 

Its a bad matchup.

You realize you can get the jets at + money? Seems like a pretty sweet deal.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Ā 

Its a bad matchup.

Ā 

Rodgers had 5 games last year where he didn't throw for 200 yards. He also didn't have one 300 passing game. He is still an upgrade over what they had but his best days are behind him.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

9 minutes ago, Process said:

You realize you can get the jets at + money? Seems like a pretty sweet deal.

Already did.

8 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Ā 

Rodgers had 5 games last year where he didn't throw for 200 yards. He also didn't have one 300 passing game. He is still an upgrade over what they had but his best days are behind him.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Itā€™s more about the Bills offense vs their defense. I donā€™t think the Jets Offense will roll over the Bills defense but theyā€™ll slowly pull away because I think our offense just wonā€™t move the football. Defense will be on the field all day.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ALF said:

Jets defense looks very good , Rogers can help his OL by throwing accurate short darts like his preseason game.

LOLĀ 

Ask how that helped Rogers his last offensive line?Ā 

Ā 

Rodgers played 17 games behind a better offensive line and only managed 3600 yards. Death by 1000 cuts does not work when you have an OL that is bad because defenses sneak up and start covering the first 10 much more. Just like what we did against the bears in preseason. Just like teams have done against us when we have had just above average QB's/Ā  Rodgers may have at best a 4200 yard year? but thats not going to win them anything in the playoffs. ts just that defense that will give Rodgers more shots on offense.Ā 

38 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

LOLĀ 

Ask how that helped Rogers his last offensive line?Ā 

Ā 

Rodgers played 17 games behind a better offensive line and only managed 3600 yards.

Ā 

Rogers did not have a Jets defense in Green Bay. That's why he took a huge pay cut to go to the Jets to end his career. jmo

Still think preseason is fairly meaningless in the grand scheme of things but I was pretty impressed watching the Jets the other day. Rogers definitely looked rejuvenated and that defense is going to be absurdly good to the point that I'm going to dread a turnover, sack, negative yardage play, serious injury on offense, etc every time we snap the ball against them.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I suspect the Bills offense struggles a bit and I suspect Rodgers and the Jets in general answer the bell with a highly motivated and effective effortā€¦. I think the Bills offensive line struggles in this game more than the Jets line doesā€¦. Iā€™m not infatuated with the defensive line we have as currently constructed without Von as many here seem to be, and the Jets have better pass rushers across the board than we do IMOā€¦ I think Allen is on the run from the pocket for a lot of this game. Jets defense will be really good.Ā 
Ā 

We also apparently have a big hole at MLB entering the seasonā€¦. Saving grace is Hackett isnā€™t any good and we still have Josh Allen who will keep the game competitive IMO but I think the Jets win. Agree it wonā€™t mean the sky is falling, but i think it will translate to this division being really anyoneā€™s for the taking(except the Patriots).Ā 
Ā 

Only thing Iā€™m scared of is how many drinks I will have considering I have work the next day.Ā 

I fear itā€™s going to look exactly

like it did vc cicny. Jets will ground and pound / Aaron will do quick passes w occasional big shots. Our DL didnā€™t do diddly against a complete backup cicny OL game at home. Wonā€™t do anything vs NyJ. Their D is even better than cincy D. Gonna be ugly I think

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 8/29/2023 at 2:05 PM, ScottLaw said:

I suspect the Bills offense struggles a bit and I suspect Rodgers and the Jets in general answer the bell with a highly motivated and effective effortā€¦. I think the Bills offensive line struggles in this game more than the Jets line doesā€¦. Iā€™m not infatuated with the defensive line we have as currently constructed without Von as many here seem to be, and the Jets have better pass rushers across the board than we do IMOā€¦ I think Allen is on the run from the pocket for a lot of this game. Jets defense will be really good.Ā 
Ā 

We also apparently have a big hole at MLB entering the seasonā€¦. Saving grace is Hackett isnā€™t any good and we still have Josh Allen who will keep the game competitive IMO but I think the Jets win. Agree it wonā€™t mean the sky is falling, but i think it will translate to this division being really anyoneā€™s for the taking(except the Patriots).Ā 
Ā 

Only thing Iā€™m scared of is how many drinks I will have considering I have work the next day.Ā 

My bedtime is being greatly compromised. Ā 

• Haha (+1) 1

Kind of ready for anything.

Ā 

But my actual expectation is that it won't be too dramatic.Ā  The Bills are the better team, & still the division faves.Ā  The Jets will be establishing their new identity.Ā  I think we actually end up winning comfortably in this 1st one.

Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

On 8/29/2023 at 2:05 PM, ScottLaw said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

So utterly predictableĀ 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/29/2023 at 11:05 AM, ScottLaw said:

Ā 

Ā 

Sadly, I agree. I think the Bills get pounded in the trenches.Ā 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.