Bills practice Thurs 8/17 starting with McD interview

Beck Water

11 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It's funny because people are always like sO yOu ThInK yOu KnOw MoRe ThAn ThE tEaM and in some cases, like this one, fans and media did seem to know better.

If MLB is a revolving door this year it’s a major failure. 

We’ll see. I felt very confident that they knew what they were doing.

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

don't know yet whether the practice is open or not.  Last practice before Bills travel to Pittsburgh for game on Saturday

Good news on Gabe Davis if he's actually better.  Disagreement on Baylon Spector.  Parrino says he's back, Capaccio says "will not practice"

It's official.  Even McDermott thinks it's a problem:

If that's so, then why did his first 2 teams dump him, the first after he couldn't get on the field for a season and a half?

Is he just a practices like Tarzan, plays on Sunday like Jane type of guy?

Well that pic of Kyla Murray in other thread has me guessing Isabella wasn't the player that played like Jane.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Why are you getting eyeroll reactions from this? You're 100% correct. They chose to do literally nothing at the position and are now suffering the consequences.

Lol it’s August.  No team in the league has yet had either a huge success or a huge failure.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

20 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

What would be funny is if Dorian Williams ended up at middle linebacker just because nobody else was stepping up and he ended up being really good

Yeah, it sure looks like they need someone to step up, catch lightning in a bottle, and take control of that MLB position.....I really hoped it would be Williams, but I think we might have to wait until the end of the year or next year for that to happen.

20 minutes ago, Simon said:

Considering they signed two FA LBs and also drafted one,  I don't think that word means what you think it means

We're talking about the MLB position. No new faces were brought in at that position. Williams and Howard aren't MLBs

1 minute ago, Araiza Curse said:

Diggs

Davis

Harty

Shakir

Sherfield 

Shorter

Isabella 

PS  Ateman, Patmon , Shavers 

would not be surprised if they keep 7 WRs. 

Going to be extremely tough with the defensive depth 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

We're talking about the MLB position. No new faces were brought in at that position. Williams and Howard aren't MLBs

I would much rather have a player like Isabella than Shorter. We already have great PS options like Ateman, Patmon, and Shavers. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think that the idea that the Bills are “loaded” at WR is funny.  They have 2 proven players in Diggs and Davis.  The idea that Harty, Sherfield and Shakir are so good that they could not be beaten out is absurd.

IMO Harty, Sherfield, and Shakir are locks. The only surprise cut candidate is Shorter. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

Diggs

Davis

Harty

Shakir

Sherfield 

Shorter

Isabella 

PS  Ateman, Patmon , Shavers 

would not be surprised if they keep 7 WRs. 

not sure Shorter has done enough to make this roster. and I don't see anyway they keep 7 WR. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Before, I feel like the Bills didn’t keep 7WRs because we always kept an extra spot for Taiwan. Now he is off the team, they likely go 7 WRs. 

1 minute ago, gordong said:

not sure Shorter has done enough to make this roster. and I don't see anyway they keep 7 WR. 

That’s fine, then cut Shorter and keep Isabella and we roll. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

IMO Harty, Sherfield, and Shakir are locks. The only surprise cut candidate is Shorter. 

But why are they locks?  They are certainly not very proven.  Shakir in particular isn't.  Harty is a proven special teams player and Sherfield had 30 catches last year.  I'm arguing that we are over-rating Harty, Sherfield and Shakir.  Harty has 64 NFL catches over 4 years, Sherfield has 67 over 5 years and Shakir has 10 in 1 year.  Does that scream "proven"?

Please don't interpret this to mean that I think they are horrible.  I am only saying that they are really not proven, so why would they be considered "locks" to make the roster?

Edited by OldTimer1960
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.