Bills Little People at Wegmans

Commish

17 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

I think that is because the supply was ramped in year 2 up after they saw the demand for the first run in year 1.

It is just sickening to me to see these scalpers plotting already. I just imagine how many they are buying from Wegmans and holding hostage. I hope they eat a ton of losses and Fisher Price did a billion batch run of them.

Capture.JPG

If it isn't worth it to you, don't buy them. They pay taxes on their sales and aren't doing anything illegal. I have no problem with people trying to make money.

Get to the store earlier if you want to buy these children's toys.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

$10 from the sale goes to charity.  WTH are these things selling for?

22 hours ago, Augie said:

Umm, are little people offended by this at all? If not, maybe we can see the Washington Little People play soon under new management!

And their new Redskins song can be Short People by Randy Newman.  

Edited by PBF81

59 minutes ago, MJS said:

If it isn't worth it to you, don't buy them. They pay taxes on their sales and aren't doing anything illegal. I have no problem with people trying to make money.

Get to the store earlier if you want to buy these children's toys.

No one said they are doing something illegal. And it isnt just children's toys either, it also applies to ticket sales. So off base on both counts.

The toy scalping are just extra scummy because money went to charity.

Fisher Price lowballed demand on the 1st run, and scalpers took advantage. Fisher price shouldve made a 2nd run of the year 1 items and gotten more money for charity rather than the scumbags buying them up and selling them for $150 a pop.

• Disagree 2

2 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

No one said they are doing something illegal. And it isnt just children's toys either, it also applies to ticket sales. So off base on both counts.

The toy scalping are just extra scummy because money went to charity.

Fisher Price lowballed demand on the 1st run, and scalpers took advantage. Fisher price shouldve made a 2nd run of the year 1 items and gotten more money for charity rather than the scumbags buying them up and selling them for $150 a pop.

Sounds like they helped the charity by buying them all up.

This is the nature of collectible things. It has always been this way and always will. There is nothing scummy about it at all. They would not be selling them for that much if people were not willing to pay.

And the same goes for tickets. If you can't afford them, don't buy them. Others are willing and able to.

59 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

What is the point of making so few of these, that they are gone in a 1/2 day? 😞

That is the nature of collectible things. Scarcity makes them collectible.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Sounds like they helped the charity by buying them all up.

This is the nature of collectible things. It has always been this way and always will. There is nothing scummy about it at all. They would not be selling them for that much if people were not willing to pay.

And the same goes for tickets. If you can't afford them, don't buy them. Others are willing and able to.

That is the nature of collectible things. Scarcity makes them collectible.

Scalpers dont help. They only inflate. But to each their own. 

Also they aren't collectible. They are children's toys remember? 🙄

I live 45 minutes from a Wegmans, but my wife and I were actually heading up that way this afternoon.  Was there at 1:30 and they had been sold out for a while.  Really tired of scalpers buying all of them up just to resell them.  It's a charity item and it's just gross to see so many people trying to make money on them.  Pictures all over Facebook with idiots having like 10+ sets stacked up to resell.  Just trying to get 1 set.

8 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

What is the point of making so few of these, that they are gone in a 1/2 day? 😞

They just keep making and making them.  The only truly difficult ones to find were the 1st year. Both parties involved have said since its for charity theyll make as many as they can sell. 1st wave is kept low on purpose for the sake of hype, and then next week there will be plenty avbl and any limits will be lifted. Last yr online sold out super fast and then for the next few weeks you could order whenever. Always good to have hype that 1st day though!!

55 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

They just keep making and making them.  The only truly difficult ones to find were the 1st year. Both parties involved have said since its for charity theyll make as many as they can sell. 1st wave is kept low on purpose for the sake of hype, and then next week there will be plenty avbl and any limits will be lifted. Last yr online sold out super fast and then for the next few weeks you could order whenever. Always good to have hype that 1st day though!!

I didn’t know they restocked these things?!!!

6 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Scalpers dont help. They only inflate. But to each their own. 

Also they aren't collectible. They are children's toys remember? 🙄

They are clearly collectibles. And also children's toys.

From sources outside of this board, yeah, people are for some reason getting nuts about these things.

there is very little chance things like this will ever be worth anything. One-off promos can sometimes do well in the collector market, but it’s rare. Local folks - Remember 2005-2006 with the Sabres coins from Noco gas stations? What are they going for nowadays?

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

From sources outside of this board, yeah, people are for some reason getting nuts about these things.

there is very little chance things like this will ever be worth anything. One-off promos can sometimes do well in the collector market, but it’s rare. Local folks - Remember 2005-2006 with the Sabres coins from Noco gas stations? What are they going for nowadays?

I had the entire set!

And I sold it at a pawn shop for $20 when I was downsizing lol

And I still have two unopened boxes of Bills little people last season! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.