Josh Allen goes #1 overall to the Browns in a 2018 Redraft

StHustle

If I could go back and do things over, I’d wait until the MegaMillions numbers come out, then go back and get myself a new ticket. 😋

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Apparently their QB board 

_2gBigxfmRSd7ofKHfoaeI-Af6FWo3UHpN6nTSozz18.jpg

Did BigFoot write that?     😋

10 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

As long as the Bills didn't draft Baker Mayfield... did they? 

Hmmm I bet Mayfield excels in Buffalo and Allen would be the footnote..  Think about how good Mayfield looked his rookie year with a terrible team around him. 

mind you I think Allen Benifited from a better run organization than Mayfield at the time he was chosen. 

Edited by PatsFanNH
  • Disagree 2

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Hmmm I bet Mayfield excels in Buffalo and Allen would be the footnote..  Think about how good Mayfield looked his rookie year with a terrible team around him. 

mind you I think Allen Beni fired from a better run organization than Mayfield at the time he was chosen. 

That's just a case of Baker Mayfield coming into the league fully developed

I said it his rookie year... He had so much experience... And physically little room left to grow

He was a polished piece coming out.. and when teams found flaws and chinks in his armor he couldn't adjust ... 

Baker Mayfield would absolutely not be Josh Allen here... There's only one Josh Allen in the world

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Dunno if anyone else recalls but there was talk of the Browns drafting Allen with that #1 just before the draft. 

At some point, someone *cough-cough* released some offensive tweets by Josh Allen hours before the draft..and he fell to the #7 spot!

Those tweets were before he enrolled at Wyoming, so he was very young. 

Thank the good lord that the Browns are the Browns and the Jets are the Jets...Mayfield, Darnold. Where are they now?

BTW, good thing Beane traded up to #7 because Arizona was working to draft Allen too.

40 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

For as much flack as he gets, a lot of it deserved but it's the nature of his gig, Kiper did have JA in the conversation at #1 and other pundits thought he was nuts. 

Well… even a broken clock is right twice a day

17 minutes ago, Desert Bills Fan said:

Bills QB board Decoded

1. WYO = Allen

2. USC = Darnold

3. OKCU = Mayfield

4. UCLA = Rosen

5. OKC St = Rudolph

6. Richmond = Lauretta

note: Jackson not in their top 6 !

Mason Rudolph… yuck…

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

Allen is very lucky he landed under Daboll imo 

I will say that he's lucky he landed under Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott, too. 

Everything about the Bills' situation and they way they nurtured Allen, supported him, and gave him time and trust, was perfect.

From Beane building a decent (not great, but decent -- good enough to allow him to improve and to function) offensive line, to bringing in improvements at WR (Beasley was huge in his development, Diggs obviously was too), to McDermott giving him time on the job and sticking with him and not pulling him in and out of the lineup, to Daboll building the offense around him, to there being stability at GM, HC, and OC throughout his first few years on the job.

In terms of doing just about everything that could be done to help him "become the best version of himself", you couldn't do much better than this Bills organization did. They really ran a master class on how to bring along a young quarterback. One need only look at how badly and how frequently so many of the other teams around the league fail at this to see how well the Bills did, and how uncommon this organizational stability and support is for a young QB.

7 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Jerry Rice may be a GOAT, but our Bills had pretty good WRs through that time.

The fact that the Bills took 2 WRs in the 1st 4 rounds (Burkett & Reed) says that's not true.  Outside of Jerry Butler they didn't have much, and Butler hadn't played a regular season game since October 1983 on the day of the 1985 draft.  The veteran WRs going into camp in the 1985 season were Butler, Mitchell Brookins, Julius Dawkins, Preston Dennard, Byron Franklin, Bobby Jones, Mike Mosley, Eric Richardson and Craig White.  As a rookie, Reed moved right into the starting lineup with Butler. 

9 hours ago, mrags said:

I was gonna say 1985 with Bruce but Rice was also drafted there. I guess it’s debatable. Many people will say Rice may be the best football player ever regardless of position. Bruce was arguably the best defender ever. 

Rice is the best ever.

Lawrence Taylor is the best defender of all time

Bruce is in my top 5 defenders of all time ... Taylor, White, Sanders, Bruce, and Lott. 

45 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The fact that the Bills took 2 WRs in the 1st 4 rounds (Burkett & Reed) says that's not true.  Outside of Jerry Butler they didn't have much, and Butler hadn't played a regular season game since October 1983 on the day of the 1985 draft.  The veteran WRs going into camp in the 1985 season were Butler, Mitchell Brookins, Julius Dawkins, Preston Dennard, Byron Franklin, Bobby Jones, Mike Mosley, Eric Richardson and Craig White.  As a rookie, Reed moved right into the starting lineup with Butler. 

That's becuase they drafted Perry Tuttle in first round of 1982. One of the biggest Bills draft busts of all time. He lasted only two seasons. He makes Gabe Davis look like Steve Largent when it comes to catching the ball. Tuttle was the absolute worst.

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Everything about the Bills' situation and they way they nurtured Allen, supported him, and gave him time and trust, was perfect.

I mean I don’t know that I’d call the roughly two quarters of tutelage under savvy veteran Nathan Peterman or the desperation move of having to pull a beat up Derek Anderson out of retirement “perfect” necessarily…

But it definitely still beats being drafted by the Browns. 😏

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Bruce Smith was a consensus #1 overall pick.

Exactly and that’s why the Bills deserve no Kudos for Bruce being #1 in a redraft where we picked him #1 as the consensus pick. Picking the #1 guy at #7 and having the wisdom to trade up to make it happen makes this one special and first of its kind for our franchise.

5 hours ago, Desert Bills Fan said:

Bills QB board Decoded

1. WYO = Allen

2. USC = Darnold

3. OKCU = Mayfield

4. UCLA = Rosen

5. OKC St = Rudolph

6. Richmond = Lauretta

note: Jackson not in their top 6 !

Also remember they had just jettisoned Tyrod Taylor for a reason.  They didn’t want another run first QB like Lamar Jackson. Which would explain why he wasn’t even in their top 6, despite his talent. They were clearly looking for the prototypical pocket qb. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.