PSA: Immaculate Grid (trivia game)- 7/26/23 - Buffalo Bills

https://www.immaculategrid.com/football

Free to play. 

Edit: Think of the most obscure players you can. For example, don’t enter Josh Allen or Mayfield for 3,000 yard passers! 

I was just introduced to this daily game the other day. Not sure how long this game has been going on.  I’ve been on pro football reference for a long time and even had a stat head subscription for a while.

Today’s grid futures the Bills as one of the five teams. The grid resets every day at 9am Eastern time. So there is some time to still fill out this one.

Feel free to post your score here when you are done. 

My score was 251. Pretty weak considering I went 9/9 and my three Bills players totaled 7%.

The lower your score the better. Your score is the sum of your percentages. A wrong guess is worth 100 points. 

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Ah okay. I had a go but didn't read all the rules first. I scored 377. I also went 9/9 but I didn't realise the aim was the most obscure people to fit the category. I went for Mayfield, Carr and Allen as the 3,000 yard passers which no doubt upped my number. I did get two less than 5%s though without trying haha. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Pretty cool game. I scored a 379. I had three obscure answers.

Lee Smith was 8%

Leroy Hoard was 6%

Clay Matthews was 5%

I didn't realize the more obscure answers you use, are better than the obvious answers.

Edited by Bubba Gump

56 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Pretty cool game. I scored a 379. I had three obscure answers.

Lee Smith was 8%

Leroy Hoard was 6%

Clay Matthews was 5%

I didn't realize the more obscure answers you use, are better than the obvious answers.

Me neither but will know for next time. 

My obscure answers were Matt Schaub (Falcons and Raiders) and Andy Levitre (Falcons and Bills).

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Me neither but will know for next time. 

My obscure answers were Matt Schaub (Falcons and Raiders) and Andy Levitre (Falcons and Bills).

I also used Josh, Carr and Mayfield for the qb question like you, lol.

8 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I also used Josh, Carr and Mayfield for the qb question like you, lol.

If I'd realised I'd have gone for Derek Anderson, Rich Gannon and Orton. 

EDIT: re-ran my other answers with those 3 QBs that gets me down to 240.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

437 but I read some posts here before playing so I shot for more obscure answers like Bledsoe for 3000+ instead of the obvious Josh or Pat Williams for Bills/Vikings instead of Diggs.

Hostetler for the Raiders was my most obscure with .8%.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

If I'd realised I'd have gone for Derek Anderson, Rich Gannon and Orton. 

EDIT: re-ran my other answers with those 3 QBs that gets me down to 240.

woops. Sorry guys! I edited my OP to add the note to go for the non obvious answers. 

I tried for most the day yesterday to come up with Derek Anderson’s name but to no avail. Drove me crazy. Ended up going with Bernie Kosar.

33 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I tried for most the day yesterday to come up with Derek Anderson’s name but to no avail. Drove me crazy. Ended up going with Bernie Kosar.

'Bernie Lomax' doesn't work either...😕

image.thumb.jpeg.6d52a0137edddc0f0c20660292e88108.jpeg

Although he did have a higher QB rating than Nate. 🤔

• Haha (+1) 1

I misunderstood the concept at first but understand it now, after trying. I only answered the 3,000+ yard passing season column because I was too obtuse to understand that they wanted players who played for the two teams in the intersecting grids and kept entering QBs after I got the 3,000+ column right. 🤦‍♂️ As a result I only got Bernie Kosar (Browns, 19%), Daryle Lamonica (Raiders, 1%), & Joe Ferguson (Bills, 1%) for a total of 621.

Edited by ExWNYer

627.  Kosar 19, lamonica 1, fitzy 7.  Now that I understand the game, I'll do better next time.  I thought I had to pick guys that were both Bills and falcons in that box, so I just filled in the 3000 yard passers column.

2 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

I misunderstood the concept at first but understand it now, after trying. I only answered the 3,000+ yard passing season column because I was too obtuse to understand that they wanted players who played for the two teams in the intersecting grids and kept entering QBs after I got the 3,000+ column right. 🤦‍♂️ As a result I only got Bernie Kosar (Browns, 19%), Daryle Lamonica (Raiders, 1%), & Joe Ferguson (Bills, 1%) for a total of 621.

Now I'm really confused.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

627.  Kosar 19, lamonica 1, fitzy 7.  Now that I understand the game, I'll do better next time.  I thought I had to pick guys that were both Bills and falcons in that box, so I just filled in the 3000 yard passers column.

Now I'm really confused.

Don't listen to the ramblings of an old man...

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

your first instinct was correct. There is one box where you would fill in a player who played for both the bills and the Falcons.

The next game comes out in just a few minutes. Just try and keep beating your lowest score.

37 minutes ago, SMAKCruiser said:

Pat Williams for Bills and Vikings, only 1%!  He was the first one I thought of, lol

That’s who I went with as well. When I picked coy wire yesterday for Bill/Falcons, I made the pick at like 9:02AM and his percentage was 100%. I was the only one to fill in that Square at that time. Then as the day goes on the percentage drops. ended up being 2% I think.

Got a 136 for my first time playing... Didn't realize the concept right away and picked Stefon Diggs for 80%. I wish I could redo that slot:

Nat Dorsey for Browns/Vikings was .01%

Vance Walker for Raiders/Falcons was .02%

Michael Bennett for Raiders/Vikings was .2%

Andy Levitre for Bills/Falcons for 2%

Shocked Drew Bledsoe only 4% for 3000 yd passers

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I suspect they are both before my time.... 😂

You sound older than 17, I hope. Keion played up until 2006. He unfortunately died 7 years ago at the age of 39. His death was under "mysterious circumstances". Not sure if they ever found out what really happened to him. All I remember is they said he died from a fall while on vacation. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.