Happy Independence Day - Let's hear it for the stars and stripes!

\GoBillsInDallas/

Thank you to the founding fathers of this country.

I'll say it again, they were by no means, perfect men. Yet that does not take away the vision they had for the country they wanted to live in.

God Bless the United States of America.

• Like (+1) 4

8 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Thank you to the founding fathers of this country.

I'll say it again, they were by no means, perfect men. Yet that does not take away the vision they had for the country they wanted to live in.

During the Revolution times we had roughly one million here, and we came up with Washington, Jefferson, Madison and Monroe.

Now we have 335+ million and we've got..............

Our most skilled people are in industry, and we have plenty. Certainly not politics.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4th of July holidays cause a glut of dogs that escape and freak out over the noise pollution to end up in shelters . It is a proven fact.

And they already euthanize so many dogs due to irresponsible people as it is.  I don't like that about the 4th of July

But celebrate the day Yes! And yes honor our forefathers. chillax and inbibe Si' that too

in the best of health to you all. God Bless America. !

♥️💙♥️

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

During the Revolution times we had roughly one million here, and we came up with Washington, Jefferson, Madison and Monroe.

Now we have 335+ million and we've got..............

Our most skilled people are in industry, and we have plenty. Certainly not politics.

Because industry makes people billionaires and millionaires.  Being a civil servant doesn't pay that well. A public servant is paid more egalitarian.  This lowly lock operator makes more than 1/2 a US Senator makes! 😆 

Anyway, Washington, Jefferson, Madison, & Monroe were land owning elites which at the time were the only one's allowed to vote. Jefferson left in debt. 

Who wants the hassle:

https://www.monticello.org/research-education/thomas-jefferson-encyclopedia/debt/

"...Despite some years of ample salaries in public office, Jefferson's load of debt only continued to grow. He and his family generally attributed his financial failure to forty years of public service and the consequent neglect of his own affairs. Virginia slave estates, all agreed, required skill and an attention that "never sleeps." "[S]kill I had not, and attention I could not have," explained Jefferson. Among other contributing factors were his famous hospitality – with no "judicious wife to look after his domestic concerns," as granddaughter Ellen Coolidge wrote – and his passion for building. ..."

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, muppy said:

4th of July holidays cause a glut of dogs that escape and freak out over the noise pollution to end up in shelters . It is a proven fact.

And they already euthanize so many dogs due to irresponsible people as it is.  I don't like that about the 4th of July

But celebrate the day Yes! And yes honor our forefathers. chillax and inbibe Si' that too

♥️💙♥️

It's ok for a day.  3 days drives my dogs psychotic.  one needed benadryl every day.  Otherwise, I agree with you!

2 hours ago, muppy said:

♥️💙♥️

Agree about the noise.  Our dog and a dog we are watching while family is out of country both start barking and are hard to get under control when fireworks are set off and we are no where near any big firework celebrations but just kids attempting to emulate Jason Pierre-Paul and C.J. Wilson.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nfl-jason-pierre-paul-c-j-wilson-lose-fingers-in-july-4-fireworks-accidents/

Many people are injured from fireworks but in some states they are easier to get than cigarettes.

25 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Because industry makes people billionaires and millionaires.  Being a civil servant doesn't pay that well. A public servant is paid more egalitarian.  This lowly lock operator makes more than 1/2 a US Senator makes! 😆 

Anyway, Washington, Jefferson, Madison, & Monroe were land owning elites which at the time were the only one's allowed to vote. Jefferson left in debt. 

Politics makes people quite wealthy as well, though they may not start out that way.

There are scores of extremely talented people in the private sector who are not billionaires.

Jefferson died in debt because of a bad loans to friends and family, the panic of 1819, spending so much time away from Monticello in public service, which was not his choice.

His estate became a huge financial burden, and living a bit beyond his means at the wrong time.

An absolutely brilliant jurist, scientist, inventor, astronomer, political scientist and farmer.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Politics makes people quite wealthy as well, though they may not start out that way.

There are scores of extremely talented people in the private sector who are not billionaires.

Jefferson died in debt because of a bad loans to friends and family, the panic of 1819, spending so much time away from Monticello in public service, which was not his choice.

His estate became a huge financial burden, and living a bit beyond his means at the wrong time.

An absolutely brilliant jurist, scientist, inventor, astronomer, political scientist and farmer.

And slave owner...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

And slave owner...

Who acknowledged its evil, wrote that into the Declaration's original draft, (that part was redacted to appease some Southern states so the Declaration would be unanimous-not his choice), and in later years predicted accurately that it would eventually tear the country apart, some fifty years before the Civil War, and when asked to champion its abolition, said that while he agreed with the goal, he was too old to do much good.

From John F. Kennedy addressing a dinner including the Nobel winners of the Western Hemisphere:

"I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together at the White House, with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone. Someone once said that Thomas Jefferson was a gentleman of 32 who could calculate an eclipse, survey an estate, tie an artery, plan an edifice, try a cause, break a horse, and dance the minuet."

Edited by sherpa

8 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Who acknowledged its evil, wrote that into the Declaration's original draft, (that part was redacted to appease some Southern states so the Declaration would be unanimous-not his choice), and in later years predicted accurately that it would eventually tear the country apart, some fifty years before the Civil War, and when asked to champion its abolition, said that while he agreed with the goal, he was too old to do much good.

From John F. Kennedy addressing a dinner including the Nobel winners of the Western Hemisphere:

"I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together at the White House, with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone. Someone once said that Thomas Jefferson was a gentleman of 32 who could calculate an eclipse, survey an estate, tie an artery, plan an edifice, try a cause, break a horse, and dance the minuet."

a renaissance man excepting the slavery part....too old to champion?  Could you imagine how much greater his legacy would be if he had?

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Jefferson also thought about the Islam conundrum with the American experience. 

A dreamer that couldn't handle his finances. Sounds like a certain group today. 

Stupid c rap in stupid times 

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Big overtime puts you in the super wealthy club.  You should run for congress. I will vote for you.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Gugny said:

How does one who only works one week/month get OT?

I work 12 hour shifts. It comes out to equal 4 weeks a month.  I have to have 80 hours every two weeks (pay period).

Do the math. We run 24/7/365. We have 13 people at the site.  2 management (M-F Days). 1 Mechanic (M-F Days). 10 Operators (SwingShift).  That leaves almost 77% of the remaining hours left outside M-F 8am-4pm to fill with 10 operators... 

There has to always be at least 2 operators on at all times which comes out of the pool of 10 operators.  5 shift leads and 5 operators. 

We all have leave to fill, sometimes someone may take a deployment overseas like in Iraq, Afghanistan, or even Poland they are offering now. We need to fill those shifts and have a body in both those spots. Also, if someone calls in sick. 

10 people,  2 on at all time, 24/7/365, of course including holidays.  It has been that way since 1960. 

EDIT: Also, we aren't allowed to work more than 12 hours without 12 hours off. That limits the pool if your shift relief calls off sick. Someone else is grabbing the OT.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Some at work are pushing for national Pride day to replace 4th of July because "negative connotations it has".

Yea the day we became the greatest and most free independent nation on earth has negative connotations lol

those people should see how they like Russia … our government lets them have that stupid opinion 

Other governments don’t 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea the day we became the greatest and most free independent nation on earth has negative connotations lol

those people should see how they like Russia … our government lets them have that stupid opinion 

Other governments don’t 

“Not being Russia,” doesn’t make this a great country. 

• Angry 1

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

“Not being Russia,” doesn’t make this a great country. 

Ummm we literally Change leaders every 4 to 8 years… peacefully 

Have freedoms and rights that nobody else in the world has en mass…

The bill of rights is absolutely the greatest piece of paper ever written… There is no other 9 other amendments without the second

We saved the world twice in both world wars

We toppled dictatorships in the Middle East… There was literally 100,000 Iraqis in downtown Baghdad waving American flags when we came… saddam Was throwing cinderblocks off buildings and crushing women’s heads… Ask a Victim of saddam if they wanted america there… You bet your ass they did

We give out more aid around the world than any other country

And we are a bastion of hope for the poor around the world

It’s easy to gang up on America because it’s the trendy thing to do

I wouldn’t  trade my place for anybody and I think God every day I was born in America

Canada Mexico Great Britain France Germany has nothing on America

Edited by Buffalo716

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The bill of rights is absolutely the greatest piece of paper ever written… There is no other 9 other amendments without the second

We saved the world twice in both world wars

We toppled dictatorships in the Middle East… There was literally 100,000 Iraqis in downtown Baghdad waving American flags when we came… saddam Was throwing cinderblocks off buildings and crushing women’s heads… Ask a Victim of saddam if they wanted america there… You bet your ass they did

We give out more aid around the world than any other country

And we are a bastion of hope for the poor around the world

It’s easy to gang up on America because it’s the trendy thing to do

I wouldn’t  trade my place for anybody and I think God every day I was born in America

Canada Mexico Great Britain France Germany has nothing on America

We change leaders peacefully, eh?  

Let’s just agree to disagree. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

We change leaders peacefully, eh?  

Let’s just agree to disagree. 

There was no attempted coup on January 6 if that’s what you’re referring to

Citizens without weapons cannot overturn a government

Was it a bright spot for America? No

But you’ve clearly never seen a violent revolution If you think that’s what that was

Donald Trump literally stepped down and Joe Biden came in the office the day every president does… No matter the shenanigans

We’ve had 47 presidents transfer power

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That was true until the 2021 insurrection. The next one could be worse.

Those freedoms and rights have been under threat, as seen most recently by the Supreme Court rulings.

And blacks were not legally treated the same until the 1960s.

You can’t celebrate the good without acknowledging the bad.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

That was true until the 2021 insurrection. The next one could be worse.

Those freedoms and rights have been under threat, as seen most recently by the Supreme Court rulings.

And blacks were not legally treated the same until the 1960s.

You can’t celebrate the good without acknowledging the bad.

Citizens without weapons cannot overturn a government.. There was not a mob of armed men at the capital

And Donald Trump never once told people that take up arms and go after the government…

Joe Biden assumed office the same day every president does

It was not an insurrection… Insurrection would’ve had thousands of people dead in the streets

Literally the power was transferred.. And America went on As always

Joe Biden is my president

Edited by Buffalo716

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

There was no attempted coup on January 9 if that’s what you’re referring to

But you’ve clearly never seen a violent revolution If you think that’s what that was

No weapons, eh?

Interesting. 

Please … tell me more of your fictional version. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

No weapons, eh?

Interesting. 

Please … tell me more of your fictional version. 

So there was 10,000 armed people killing people at the Capital that day?

The only person killed was Ashley Babbitt at the capital by capital police

I’d like to know your fictionalize version where 5000 people were shot And the government overtaken

Capital police Literally were opening doors for some people … 

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

So there was 10,000 aren’t people killing people at the Capital that day?

The only person killed was Ashley Babbitt at the capital

Only one, eh?

Please … go on!  This G-rated version is great!

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Only one, eh?

Please … go on!  This G-rated version is great!

There were a few heart attacks… And yes only one person was actually physically killed at the capital.. Veteran Ashli Babbitt

Do you get your news from Al Jazeera

And the report of the police officer getting beaten to death was already verified to be false

One person physically killed by violence veteran Ashli Babbitt

It was a sad day in American history…. Definitely not an insurrection

You would need 40000 troops, Air support, Ground missiles, tanks … to Overthrow the United States government

It was a sad day… Nothing close to having the government overtaken

Edited by Buffalo716

21 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

There was no attempted coup on January 6 if that’s what you’re referring to

Donald Trump literally stepped down and Joe Biden came in the office the day every president does… No matter the shenanigans

We’ve had 47 presidents transfer power

The 12th Amendment... If done right by the offending POTUS can render the 2nd useless.  The pen is mightier than the sword!

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The 12th Amendment... If done right by the offending POTUS can render the 2nd useless.  The pen is mightier than the sword!

And to make my case clearer that there was no insurrection

Insurrection is a legal term … Under federal law it’s a crime to incite or engage in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the U.S. or its laws. 

To be clear the law differentiates between a mob and an insurrection which is different 

And out of the 700 people who faces charges for January 6 not one has been charged with rebellion or insurrection

Government agrees it was not an insurrection 

Edited by Buffalo716

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

And to make my case clearer that there was no insurrection

Insurrection is a legal term … Under federal law it’s a crime to incite or engage in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the U.S. or its laws. 

To be clear the law differentiates between a mob and an insurrection which is different 

And out of the 700 people who faces charges for January 6 not one has been charged with rebellion or insurrection

Government agrees it was not an insurrection 

I don't think you're getting the process and what I said about the 12th.  Next time we may not be so lucky.

Think about it for a little bit.

1 minute ago, Another Fan said:

image.gif.f88bbf179f91f5508a434479d8cc586f.gif

It's the ONLY way...

'MURICA! 

• Agree 1