Happy Independence Day - Let's hear it for the stars and stripes!

\GoBillsInDallas/

9 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I don't think you're getting the process and what I said about the 12th.  Next time we may not be so lucky.

Think about it for a little bit.

I’m not talking about the 12th amendment right now

I’m Talking about people who said an insurrection took place on January 6

Think about what? Something that could potentially happen? Lol 

Aliens could come down tomorrow… Canada can start a world war… Sure it’s all possible

America is still an amazing country… and January 6 is just a blip… It’s not even the biggest mob in the last 50 years

The LA riots killed way more people and caused way more damage… 

shays rebellion and whiskey rebellion were real insurrections…

Jan 6 was a bad day in American history nothing else

Edited by Buffalo716

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I’m not talking about the 12th amendment right now

I’m Talking about people who said an insurrection took place on January 6

Think about what? Something that could potentially happen? Lol 

Aliens could come down tomorrow… Canada can start a world war… Sure it’s all possible

America is still an amazing country… and January 6 is just a blip… It’s not even the biggest mob in the last 100 years

The LA riots killed way more people and caused way more damage… Nobody talks about that like it’s anything

Dude... I really don't want it to get political.  I will just leave you with this. Read the 12th. The 12th was added and NOT part of the original USC. Just think about it if he had a "company man" in there as VP instead of Pence.

There's a reason why our Founders originally wrote the USC like it was (Hillary would have been VP under the original 1789 USC)... Our Founders foresaw this possibly happening... 

...It's why they wanted to hang Pence for not towing the line!

I am through.  But it had to be said.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

And to make my case clearer that there was no insurrection

Insurrection is a legal term … Under federal law it’s a crime to incite or engage in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the U.S. or its laws. 

To be clear the law differentiates between a mob and an insurrection which is different 

And out of the 700 people who faces charges for January 6 not one has been charged with rebellion or insurrection

Government agrees it was not an insurrection 

We get it, you’re an apologist for the the mob that Trump incited to try to stop the electoral college count. If they were successful then Trump would have declared a national emergency and prevented the transfer of power. If not for the police, some of whom died because of the attack, they would have succeeded. Does that meet your semantic standards? 🙄

7 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

We get it, you’re an apologist for the the mob that Trump incited to try to stop the electoral college count. If they were successful then Trump would have declared a national emergency and prevented the transfer of power. If not for the police, some of whom died because of the attack, they would have succeeded. Does that meet your semantic standards? 🙄

I voted for Joe Biden And I support every US president

Donald Trump did not ever once say attack the capital…

I’ve literally came back with facts that cannot be refuted

And only one person was killed by violence that day… Veteran Ashli Babbitt

I’m pro America.. Not pro only my party or my president 

And let’s be clear… I’ve called it a sad day 10 times in this thread… Never once said it was OK… because it wasn’t 

I said that’s not an insurrection… because it’s not 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Eyeroll 1

23 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I voted for Joe Biden And I support every US president

Donald Trump did not ever once say attack the capital…

I’ve literally came back with facts that cannot be refuted

And only one person was killed by violence that day… Veteran Ashli Babbitt

I’m pro America.. Not pro only my party or my president 

And let’s be clear… I’ve called it a sad day 10 times in this thread… Never once said it was OK… because it wasn’t 

I said that’s not an insurrection… because it’s not 

You and I have differing definitions of “blip” and “bad day.”

And who honestly gives a rat’s ass that Babbitt was a veteran?

There are over 33,000 homeless veterans in this “great” country. 

She was a criminal. Just like the other veterans who got busted that day and are now in prison. 

But yeah … nothing to see here. 

With that, I am done with this conversation. 

- Veteran Gugny 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

You and I have differing definitions of “blip” and “bad day.”

And who honestly gives a rat’s ass that Babbitt was a veteran?

There are over 33,000 homeless veterans in this “great” country. 

She was a criminal. Just like the other veterans who got busted that day and are now in prison. 

But yeah … nothing to see here. 

With that, I am done with this conversation. 

- Veteran Gugny 

It personally doesn’t matter whether she was a veteran or not

I was fully identifying her as the only person who was killed by violence that day… Yeah she was breaking the law

But lots of people were not killed by violence like you said in my “G rated” retort… 

And nobody was charged with insurrection… Therefore it’s not an insurrection

They’re much better words… And our republic was not close to falling no matter how bad the media spun it

it’s a mob or a riot … not an insurrection 

Edited by Buffalo716

12 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Jefferson also thought about the Islam conundrum with the American experience. 

A dreamer that couldn't handle his finances. Sounds like a certain group today. 

He was much more than a dreamer, though I get the point. 

He was an accomplished inventor and the individual who introduced European grapes into the US, an industry that has exploded, though he never harvested a single wine grape.

He had a lot stacked against him re finances. No doubt his operation would have thrived had he not spent so much time away from Monticello as Minister to France, Vice President and President.

With the loss of his wife at such a young age the operation suffered in his absence, and some people he lent significant amounts of money to did not pay the debts.

13 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

a renaissance man excepting the slavery part....too old to champion?  Could you imagine how much greater his legacy would be if he had?

He could have, because the end of it was his preference, but at the time it was discussed he was deeply involved in Monticello operations, which had been neglected to some extent during his long public service absences, and founding the University of Virginia, which took up all his time, and he was quite old then.

One of the other views he had, and expressed in conversation to Madison who authored the Constitution, was that his only concern was the potential for a runaway judiciary.

Two hundred and fifty years later we see that battle over the import of Supreme Court Justice appointments.

The holiday weekend was a tough one for Long Island. 4 shark attacks on LI beaches. 2 people went to the hospital. No deaths thankfully but when you hear something like this it makes you think twice about going into the ocean.

• Sad 1

• 6 months later...
Just now, BillStime said:

lmao 

There you go I guess I did... I did not think I ever told anybody on this site who I voted for in 2020

But I admit I did vote for Trump in 2016 also... I just thought I said I did not vote for Trump again 

I don't care if I wrote in my next door neighbor in 2020... I was telling the truth when I said I did not vote for Trump in 2020

• Simon locked this topic