McDermott & Beane Extended Through 2027

BritBill

Just now, frostbitmic said:

This might be a reach here, but having the 2nd best record in the NFL over the past three seasons is good for job security.

That's minimizing the legitimate other side of the argument of whether McDermott is good enough in the playoffs to get this team over the top which isn't a crazy one.  Whether you agree with it or not (I don't).

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

No I was referring to the guy who feels the need to voice his opinion in favor of curtailing civil rights for minorities because they hurt his feelings

Oh.  Yeah.  Take that bullcrap to PPP.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

I can get behind this sort of analysis except for the bolded...last season the team dealt with unprecedented challenges and still went 14-4.  We just remember that last game and think they stunk all year.  Remember how they shot out of the gate?  Every team has up-and-down moments in a season...and this year will be no different.

Fair points. 

To the bolded, I do remember how they started out. And I understand they went through a lot...and likely more then we even know. They did start out red hot. However it was more than just the last game they had hitches IMO. The likelihood that this was due to the mental beating combined with the copious amount of injuries to impact players and a few games with unfavorable weather are in IMO the reason. I do think that all combined for some steps back on the season.

Most of those issues should be resolved. Fresh year, fresh squad. I expect the Bills from the early part of last season to show back up as well.

• Agree 1

Seems like the Beane ad McDermott gave themselves extensions 🤷.  Who wears the pants at One Bills Drive?  I don't think Beane can fire McDermott because McDermott hand picked Beane to be GM.  It's a weird power duo. 

but how does McBeane feel about the upcoming presidential election?  That has to be why this happened

Or is Terry part of the illuminati and he is using this announcement to distract us from the fact the FDA just approved lab grown meat for sale in the US?

And how does Stef feel about this?

8 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

Seems like the Beane ad McDermott gave themselves extensions 🤷.  Who wears the pants at One Bills Drive?  I don't think Beane can fire McDermott because McDermott hand picked Beane to be GM.  It's a weird power duo. 

Terry Pegula wears the pants at One Bills Drive. I'm guessing that winning three straight AFCE titles and being yearly Super Bowl contenders helped Terry make up his mind to keep those two around for a few more years.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Terry Pegula wears the pants at One Bills Drive. I'm guessing that winning three straight AFCE titles and being yearly Super Bowl contenders helped Terry make up his mind to keep those two around for a few more years.

To be considered yearly Super Bowl contenders wouldn't you have to be contending yearly for a Super Bowl?

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

Curious.  The names you expect to see at the top are not at the top.  I wonder what their methodology was.  

I’m trying to find out who put that together a buddy sent it to me but unsure of the source. Probably PFF or Football Outsiders

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

To be considered yearly Super Bowl contenders wouldn't you have to be contending yearly for a Super Bowl?

Vegas has us behind only KC and Philly. Is that not contending as a favorite to you? Or should we listen to the people here? 

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I mean, look at guys like Cowher and Andy Reid too. Those guys were awful in playoff games for years. Reid was probably one of the worst game-day coaches I had seen At one point in time.

Haven’t the Steelers pretty much given us all the blue print on success? Establishing a culture, Continuity of success, and building and promoting from within. 

I don't think there is a blueprint on success. It can be accomplished in many ways. 

Also, let's look at what we know. We know McD has "successfully failed" in the playoffs. Agree? 

Using Cowher and Reid as examples have no barring on how McD will do. Similarly, using Dungy or Lewis as an example has no indication of McD success or lack of. It cuts both ways. 

We have no idea how McD will do in the future. We know thus far he's been below average. 

Lastly, the Bills have Allen a generational QB. What did Reid and Tomlin do when they landed their franchise QB? What has McD done? Granted it's not all on McD...

• Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Correct.

And that is NOT the same thing as saying "every team but KC sucks".

Only the Chiefs were successful in reaching their goal. No other team received the Lombardi trophy. No other team added to their rings. No other team was sucessful in reaching their goal.

That is not myopic - its factual.

Perhaps, but it’s certainly saying no other team was successful. Which is a ridiculous assertion.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.