Detroit-unveils new Helmet in honor of their 90th season

TBBills Fan

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Love the color of the helmet and its style...as far as the logo goes, I like the refresh, but I would say it’s good but could have been better.  

I wouldn’t call it a refresh - isn’t it the old school logo from the 60s and 70s?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Fred Marchibroda said:

Agreed…and 3/4 of that animal actually looks like a skinny greyhound and not a lion.   
This dog groomer did this lion no favors

well again, take that up with the designer of of the 60’s logo, who’s probably dead. This is a straight up throwback on top of a modern matte Honolulu blue helmet. Pretty ingenious design. 

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Love the color of the helmet and its style...as far as the logo goes, I like the refresh, but I would say its good but could have been better.  

Overall though, I think the new helmet is a win and I dig it.  I would love to see a helmet with Bills colors using this style of base paint myself personally.  

That’s an old secondary logo they put on that helmet.

11 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Ehh, still an ugly color concept, very reflective of Detroit, bland and outdated.

I disagree on the color being reflective of Detroit.

For one thing the official color is "Honolulu Blue' which I think is a fitting name in that it evokes a warm weather locale. To me Detroit is rundown but not bland. Like its smaller cousins Cleveland and Buffalo, Detroit is rust belty and past its prime but not bland. I always thought the Lions colors were incongruous with the city whereas the Bills and Browns colors seem fitting to me.

9 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

I like the helmet color, but hate the logo. The lion is cheesy and the 2 strips behind it don't seem to fit.

I thought the same thing... what's with those vertical rectangles? Then I saw this below and it explains everything.

9 hours ago, Limeaid said:

472.gif

Helmet is good.   As mentioned in other posts, that gray mono look is by far the worst in the league.  The blue helmet makes it even more gross.   A throwback helmet paired with the attempted modern uniform doesn’t make sense. 

The T-Day game was hard to watch with those unis.   Don’t understand why someone thought that was a good idea. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.