Is this year make or break for McDermott?

CountDorkula

Is it Super Bowl or bust for McDermott this year?  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Is it SuperBowl or Bust for McD this year?

• Yes
    • No
    • It should be

15 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Apparently so. Gruden is available now isn't he? Lightning might strike twice. It's only been 20 years.

I didn't mean hire him. I thought you asked if a coach took over for another coach and went on to win the SB. I'm pretty sure you said name 1 person that did that. Unless I misunderstood.

51 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

I didn't mean hire him. I thought you asked if a coach took over for another coach and went on to win the SB. I'm pretty sure you said name 1 person that did that. Unless I misunderstood.

No, you're right. I couldn't think of an example but Gruden fits. I still don't think it's a good idea 

8 hours ago, McBean said:

Should’ve gotten rid of him after 13 seconds.

Last years playoff butt kicking at home was a no brainer to move on and bring in Sean Peyton.

If we don’t make AFC title game or Super Bowl this year, he should be fired on the sidelines immediately after last game when clock hits 0:00.

I've seen enough of clappy. He did well to build a winner. Credit goes to him and Beane. It's time to let McD go and rebuild another team. 

The last two years of playoff failure is inexcusable. He will likely go down as the biggest choke artist in playoff history (13 seconds). It will haunt Bills fans for decades. Just like wide right and Tenn miracle. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

16 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea. As has been said before, Marty Schottenheimer is a better comparison.  

Marty is the perfect and most accurate comp for McDermott.  I've said it these last few years. Eventually Terry will get fed up with the playoff struggles. Sean just doesn't have the ability to out scheme better coaches.  That's part of why Josh is forced to play hero ball more than he should.

22 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

It also happened with Dungy and the Colts I believe, but they lost the Superbowl to the Saints 

Dungy won one before that. But took him a pretty significant reset to do it.

3 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

It 100% is.

Better coaches have been let go for less. It’s make or break. Easily.

Who?

17 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Marty is the perfect and most accurate comp for McDermott.  I've said it these last few years. Eventually Terry will get fed up with the playoff struggles. Sean just doesn't have the ability to out scheme better coaches.  That's part of why Josh is forced to play hero ball more than he should.

Agree! 👍

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Dungy won one before that. But took him a pretty significant reset to do it.

Who?

Tom Landry, Paul Brown, Brian Billick, George Seifert, Gruden, Mike Shannahan, and Hank Stram. 

Edited by newcam2012

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Tom Landry, Paul Brown, Brian Billick, George Seifert, Gruden, Mike Shannahan, and Hank Stram. 

I am not old so I have no idea about most of them..... but Billick, Gruden and Shanahan were all the same pattern and NONE were fired for "less". They were all fired after being Superbowl winners because they kept missing the playoffs thereafter. 

That is different to being fired for losing in the playoffs too often. 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not old so I have no idea about most of them..... but Billick, Gruden and Shanahan were all the same pattern and NONE were fired for "less". They were all fired after being Superbowl winners because they kept missing the playoffs thereafter. 

That is different to being fired for losing in the playoffs too often. 

It's easy worse because they won SB.

• Disagree 1

8 hours ago, aristocrat said:

He needs to win this year or be out of here. Too much talent to not win 

I was half kidding when I started this thread. 

but there is a lot of heat surrounding McDermott from the national media. 
just or not nobody knows. 

but it seems the attention has been turned up quite a bit in the last few days. 

4 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

I was half kidding when I started this thread. 

but there is a lot of heat surrounding McDermott from the national media. 
just or not nobody knows. 

but it seems the attention has been turned up quite a bit in the last few days. 

So all that good will he got for his response to the Hamlin situation is already gone? Sheeesh, that didn’t last long! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.