PGA Tour and LIV Tour merge to become one

Draconator

I would ask why the PGA would do this, but in the end it all comes down to money in someone’s pocket. 

I wonder how guys who stayed loyal to the PGA and turned down huge guaranteed money from LIV feel about this? 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I would ask why the PGA would do this, but in the end it all comes down to money in someone’s pocket. 

I wonder how guys who stayed loyal to the PGA and turned down huge guaranteed money from LIV feel about this? 

To your 2nd point: I don’t have to wonder too long on that one. I'd bet the farm that they are royally p**sed at the PGA leadership for caving in and doing this merger.

I assume that the PGA's lawyers told Monahan and crew that this was the least expensive way out for the PGA, as they were going to get taken to the cleaners in court.

Going to be fun to see how all the golf talking heads...who were mostly all against the LIV...deal with this news.

Bottom line is that Greg Norman and the LIV players are BIG winners here (as well as golf fans), while the PGA Tour got absolutely shellacked, embarrassed, etc.

I called this shortly after LIV was able to snag Cam Smith. The end game here was going to be a merger, which is going to benefit them all.

Thats why I thought early on the moral outrage with the “Saudi money” angle was being a little too overplayed by the PGA. That risked burning the bridge for a future merger.

On 6/6/2023 at 2:56 PM, Bob Jones said:

To your 2nd point: I don’t have to wonder too long on that one. I'd bet the farm that they are royally p**sed at the PGA leadership for caving in and doing this merger.

I assume that the PGA's lawyers told Monahan and crew that this was the least expensive way out for the PGA, as they were going to get taken to the cleaners in court.

Going to be fun to see how all the golf talking heads...who were mostly all against the LIV...deal with this news.

Bottom line is that Greg Norman and the LIV players are BIG winners here (as well as golf fans), while the PGA Tour got absolutely shellacked, embarrassed, etc.

Life is not black and white… It’s not as simple as winners and losers

In my opinion… I’m just not a fan of golfers who took blood money …

and it looks like the PGA tour players who stayed loyal will be compensated at least with something 

good for golf tho because they will have all the best playing 

Edited by Buffalo716

11 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I called this shortly after LIV was able to snag Cam Smith. The end game here was going to be a merger, which is going to benefit them all.

Thats why I thought early on the moral outrage with the “Saudi money” angle was being a little too overplayed by the PGA. That risked burning the bridge for a future merger.

The Saudi money angle might be over played

But it’s not incorrect… ✌️✌️

But it is good for golf

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The Saudi money angle might be over played

But it’s not incorrect… ✌️✌️

But it is good for golf

I was one of the few “pro LIV” people around (actually, I didn’t know anyone else who was). I just liked it for the competition, and it absolutely worked. Golf is now more popular, players will be getting more money, etc. 

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I was one of the few “pro LIV” people around (actually, I didn’t know anyone else who was). I just liked it for the competition, and it absolutely worked. Golf is now more popular, players will be getting more money, etc. 

my friend was a D1 golfer and loved liv

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.