The Pride Flag

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

You got schooled, and the best you can come back with is “partisan hack.”  If defending the Constitution and the rule of law makes me partisan, then so be it.  That says more about MAGA than it does about anything else. 

this is not to say that I do not share some of your concerns relative to morality.  But I happen to think that if we’re going to worry about symbolism at the Capitol, the conversation begins with and focuses on January 6.  Everything else is either irrelevant or relationally inconsequential. 

Keep it up Section. We can barely see your arse sticking out of the hole you’ve dug. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

You got schooled, and the best you can come back with is “partisan hack.”  If defending the Constitution and the rule of law makes me partisan, then so be it.  That says more about MAGA than it does about anything else. 

this is not to say that I do not share some of your concerns relative to morality.  But I happen to think that if we’re going to worry about symbolism at the Capitol, the conversation begins with and focuses on January 6.  Everything else is either irrelevant or relationally inconsequential. 

I'm *almost* feeling sorry for the MAGA crowd, they are just getting more and more like Black Knight in Holy Grail

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

I'm *almost* feeling sorry for the MAGA crowd, they are just getting more and more like Black Knight in Holy Grail

I love that movie! 
Saw it at its opening in WNY and we were all given coconuts going into the theater. At the time we had absolutely no idea why. 😂

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I love that movie! 
Saw it at its opening in WNY and we were all given coconuts going into the theater. At the time we had absolutely no idea why. 😂

Let me guess, wasn't there a theatre called the Como 8 or something? That's my guess where you saw it. I lived right North Park theatre, saw movies at University Cenema and the one on Kenmore near Colvin where I saw Earthquake and Godzilla vs the Smog Monster 

33 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Let me guess, wasn't there a theatre called the Como 8 or something? That's my guess where you saw it. I lived right North Park theatre, saw movies at University Cenema and the one on Kenmore near Colvin where I saw Earthquake and Godzilla vs the Smog Monster 

Boulevard Mall, or right close by anyway. 

52 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax. Worry more about democracy than about rainbows.  We’ll all be better off for it. 

Democracy mean people can say they don't like drag queen story hour for elementary school kids, if they want to. 

So maybe you should worry less about rainbows and more about knowing what democracy actually is. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Democracy mean people can say they don't like drag queen story hour for elementary school kids, if they want to. 

So maybe you should worry less about rainbows and more about knowing what democracy actually is. 

Democracy also is about priorities. Don’t like rainbows?  That’s fine. Go for it.  It’s your right.  But if you’re going to complain about imagery at the Capitol, I’m going to tell you to get your priorities in line and complain about the January 6 imagery before any other subject in that area is broached.  Worry more about sedition at the Capitol and less about rainbow flags at that location.  

Edited by SectionC3

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Democracy also is about priorities. Don’t like rainbows?  That’s fine. Go for it.  It’s your right.  But if you’re going to complain about imagery at the Capitol, I’m going to tell you to get your priorities in line and complain about the January 6 imagery before any other subject in that area is broached.  Worry more about sedition at the Capitol and less about rainbow flags at that location.  

1/6 has nothing to do with the pride argument  they are separate entities. I see a lot of the snowflakes throwing out the 1/6 as some sort of counter argument to pride. Which seems pretty childish to me.

When someone who holds traditional family values argues against drag queen story hour, and you say 'but trump supporters put up a MAGA flag" that is really not relevant discussion. 

You do you though. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, TSOL said:

1/6 has nothing to do with the pride argument  they are separate entities. I see a lot of the snowflakes throwing out the 1/6 as some sort of counter argument to pride. Which seems pretty childish to me.

When someone who holds traditional family values argues against drag queen story hour, and you say 'but trump supporters put up a MAGA flag" that is really not relevant discussion. 

You do you though. 

Do not give an inch. Anyone who won’t call out grown men exposing themselves in a public parade has no interest in your logic or adult discussion. This is a battle for the soul of our country. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Do not give an inch. Anyone who won’t call out grown men exposing themselves in a public parade has no interest in your logic or adult discussion. This is a battle for the soul of our country. 

Just like January 6, right?  If you’re going to be concerned about goings on at the Capitol, I would think sedition would trump rainbows.  But to MAGA it doesnt. 

33 minutes ago, TSOL said:

You do you though. 

See above. 

14 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

January 6?  I agree. If you don’t have the courage to say that was wrong, then something is wrong with you. 

Troll well or don't troll at all, 

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

@SectionC3 @ChiGoose @BillStime @redtail hawk

As far as I can tell, and admittedly I can't tell fully since they're all on ignore, all of the above have yet to condemn grown naked men exposing themselves to children.

Am I missing anyone?

I explicitly condemn that activity.  But I haven’t seen you do the same.  Seems almost intentional on your part.  Sick. 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

As far as I can tell, and admittedly I can't tell fully since they're all on ignore, all of the above have yet to condemn grown naked men exposing themselves to children.

Am I missing anyone?

You really just ignore anyone who isn't on the same political side as you? And then you only post news and retweet stuff from one side as well? Isn't this part of what's wrong with political discourse? It's like you actively want to live in an echo chamber. 

Obviously I agree that no adult should be doing that in front of children, that's not what I'm talking about just to be clear. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

You really just ignore anyone who isn't on the same political side as you? And then you only post news and retweet stuff from one side as well? Isn't this part of what's wrong with political discourse? It's like you actively want to live in an echo chamber. 

Obviously I agree that no adult should be doing that in front of children, that's not what I'm talking about just to be clear. 

Thank you for at least saying that grown naked men sexualizing children is indeed happening and it's wrong.

I dont live in an echo chamber. I read sources on the left all the time. Its a great guide, especially with all things Trump, to better understand where the truth lies. 

I ignore posters who can't under any circumstances concede obvious truths such as...

Inappropriate sexualizing of children is happening in schools and at pride events and its wrong.

With 95%+ certainty covid emerged from the WIV.

Joe Biden, while we can't be certain of an official diagnosis, clearly has been in both mental and physical decline in recent years.

All the long ago debunked Trump Russia BS that they still cling to.

Etc..

So yes I ignore people who can't concede basic realities. Such as our new king @ChiGoose

What discourse is to be had with people who live under a green sky?

I used to be where you're at. I truly was. Read Haidt's The Righteous Mind to try to understand why left and right reason as they do and how to bridge that gap.

Unfortunately that ship has sailed. Trump broke too many on the left to the point that get Trump by any means is justified.  Even if it means burning down the country.  I despise Trump, but I'm thankful that I don't despise him to the point that I'd cheer burning down our republic to get him.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Thank you for at least saying that grown naked men sexualizing children is indeed happening and it's wrong.

I dont live in an echo chamber. I read sources on the left all the time. Its a great guide, especially with all things Trump, to better understand where the truth lies. 

I ignore posters who can't under any circumstances concede obvious truths such as...

Inappropriate sexualizing of children is happening in schools and at pride events and its wrong.

With 95%+ certainty covid emerged from the WIV.

Joe Biden, while we can't be certain of an official diagnosis, clearly has been in both mental and physical decline in recent years.

All the long ago debunked Trump Russia BS that they still cling to.

Etc..

So yes I ignore people who can't concede basic realities. Such as our new king @ChiGoose

What discourse is to be had with people who live under a green sky?

I used to be where you're at. I truly was. Read Haidt's The Righteous Mind to try to understand why left and right reason as they do and how to bridge that gap.

Unfortunately that ship has sailed. Trump broke too many on the left to the point that get Trump by any means is justified.  Even if it means burning down the country.  I despise Trump, but I'm thankful that I don't despise him to the point that I'd cheer burning down our republic to get him.

And yet you still haven’t condemned nude performances in front of children.  Sick.  The longer this goes the more lots of people are going to have questions about you.  FYI. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Am I missing anyone?

When you stop defending this I will acknowledge your feelings.

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7d68ab966800e28840a

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The fine folks at NBC have come to the rescue.

Wait. Oh no…. 

Good article. You should have read til the end

The person who said this in a march isn’t the person who came up with this idea — the person in the march is saying, ‘Go ahead, call me this; why do I care?’” she continued. “The person is trying to destigmatize this and claim their own power. You can’t blame the victims here, and that’s what the right wing is doing.”

• Dislike 2

18 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

The person who said this in a march isn’t the person who came up with this idea — the person in the march is saying, ‘Go ahead, call me this; why do I care?’” she continued. “The person is trying to destigmatize this and claim their own power. You can’t blame the victims here, and that’s what the right wing is doing.”

Nope.  I do not care what their reasoning is.  I have no patience for the TQ+ takeover of Pride.  

No self respecting LGB who just wants to live in peace chants that in jest.   Sadly, they no longer have a place at Pride. 

Although, if the new Pride activists want to chant “woodchipper goes brrrrrr”, I’ll make an exception. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Nope.  I do not care what their reasoning is.  I have no patience for the TQ+ takeover of Pride.  

No self respecting LGB who just wants to live in peace chants that in jest.   Sadly, they no longer have a place at Pride. 

Although, if the new Pride activists want to chant “woodchipper goes brrrrrr”, I’ll make an exception. 

Here’s the problem:  they can’t live in peace. They’re being attacked in an organized manner by those that use “the other” as a hate target to gain power from the rubes ignorance. It’s a familiar theme with authoritarian regimes. 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Here’s the problem:  they can’t live in peace. They’re being attacked in an organized manner by those that use “the other” as a hate target to gain power from the rubes ignorance. It’s a familiar theme with authoritarian regimes. 

There’s a massive contingent of vocal gays that would tell you life was just fine for them this past decade.   

Only recently, when Pride was hijacked, do they feel like things are going backwards.   And they know exactly why.   

Look at all the recent Pride parades.  Do you see many normal gay men?   Or do you see out of shape, young Q folks, half naked black lesbians, trans-everything and angry white women?

I’ve been to plenty of Pride parades.  This isn’t - at all - what it used to be.  

There’s no pride at these events anymore.  No joy.  It’s mainly fetish and grievances. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, BillStime said:

The men in dresses who want to groom your children aren't LGTBQ.... but you know that.

Most of these incidents occur with teachers.  

Followed by church leaders. 

Both are wrong and both should face the fullest extent of consequences. 

Unlike your side, I don’t see a ton of people trying to excuse away sexual abuse from priests. 

4 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

those nazis you saw on the trail. oh um yea,  just some white folk that are tired of being called racists. thats all. they are sick of being accused of racism so they went out and bought full ss uniforms to take the "power from those accusations"

all nazis are these people. just people becoming what you keep saying they are. stop calling them nazis and they wont BE them. make sense? great. everyone can go back to being normal white people once you stop victimizing them.

red. that is some really REALLY stupid reasoning. you see now that its flipped right? 

i laid out the REASONS the left and lgbt are being labled groomers. isolating kids with issues. recommending they go to strangers in secret. introducing disturbing sexual topics. making anyone who suggests they are far to young including parents out to be the enemy. 

not a single leftist refutes or condemns THESE behaviors. but sure are quick to decide "we are coming for your children" is perfectly normal and the fault of everyone else but the ones actually chanting it with context of whats going on. 

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1