The Pride Flag

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Maryland Democrat grovels after saying Muslim kids against LGBTQ+ lessons aligned with ‘White supremacists.’

https://www.foxnews.com/media/maryland-dem-grovels-after-insulting-muslim-kids-against-lgbtq-lessons-as-aligned-with-white-supremacists

NO ONE CARES...outside of the 35% MAGA's.

8 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Now, where do you suppose those kids might’ve learned that

Most of the grooming happens at home

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

Maryland Democrat grovels after saying Muslim kids against LGBTQ+ lessons aligned with ‘White supremacists.’

https://www.foxnews.com/media/maryland-dem-grovels-after-insulting-muslim-kids-against-lgbtq-lessons-as-aligned-with-white-supremacists

Another case of hrooming happening at home

I don’t know if any of you have ever been to the Middle East, but I have, and their cultural beliefs that they are taught at home would a line with this

• Vomit 1

11 hours ago, aristocrat said:

When my son was in high school, I received a phone call at work from a concerned teacher.  She sounded an awful lot like the lady describing the “unruly behavior” in this video clip.  She said she knew I was an involved and active parent, and that I would want to know of my son’s behavior.  Turns out she had to leave class, and she made an announcement that no one was to close the door as she would be unable to get back in….the door locked from the outside.  As she exited the classroom, someone closed the door.  She told me she heard what sounded like my son’s voice talking with the class as laughter ensued. 

As I waited for the next part of the story, she said “I thought you would want to know.”.  I thanked her for the call, told her I would speak with him when I saw him later that day, which was the second to last day of school….in his senior year.  I was able to keep it out of the news as well. 

I guess I’m not surprised when middle school kids act like middle school kids.  I guess I don’t see the direct connection from the actions outlined to hate and bigotry.  I guess I think most of these kids (those who participated and those who were unruly) probably turn out to be productive members of society.  I think the school should address unruly behavior, talk about the implications of destruction of posters, and chalk it up to middle school behavior.  The parents of the children involved have an opportunity here as wel, assuming this isn’t a scenario where the school decides the parents need to be boxed out. 

Good news to report—10 years on, my son is a productive member of society, very well thought of by his employer, spearheads the diversity and inclusion program of his company’s local network, and to my knowledge has never maybe/possibly/probably closed another door on a senior member of his team.  Crisis averted. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

When my son was in high school, I received a phone call at work from a concerned teacher.  She sounded an awful lot like the lady describing the “unruly behavior” in this video clip.  She said she knew I was an involved and active parent, and that I would want to know of my son’s behavior.  Turns out she had to leave class, and she made an announcement that no one was to close the door as she would be unable to get back in….the door locked from the outside.  As she exited the classroom, someone closed the door.  She told me she heard what sounded like my son’s voice talking with the class as laughter ensued. 

As I waited for the next part of the story, she said “I thought you would want to know.”.  I thanked her for the call, told her I would speak with him when I saw him later that day, which was the second to last day of school….in his senior year.  I was able to keep it out of the news as well. 

I guess I’m not surprised when middle school kids act like middle school kids.  I guess I don’t see the direct connection from the actions outlined to hate and bigotry.  I guess I think most of these kids (those who participated and those who were unruly) probably turn out to be productive members of society.  I think the school should address unruly behavior, talk about the implications of destruction of posters, and chalk it up to middle school behavior.  The parents of the children involved have an opportunity here as wel, assuming this isn’t a scenario where the school decides the parents need to be boxed out. 

Good news to report—10 years on, my son is a productive member of society, very well thought of by his employer, spearheads the diversity and inclusion program of his company’s local network, and to my knowledge has never maybe/possibly/probably closed another door on a senior member of his team.  Crisis averted. 

I always appreciate your commentary Lehnerd. I am curious about your son’s diversity gig and what it entails. This is all a foreign concept to me. I ran a large company for decades and it literally looked like the United Nations in our many offices. We didn’t need a DEI program. We hired and promoted the best people at their respective jobs. Is that not true where your son works?

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I always appreciate your commentary Lehnerd. I am curious about your son’s diversity gig and what it entails. This is all a foreign concept to me. I ran a large company for decades and it literally looked like the United Nations in our many offices. We didn’t need a DEI program. We hired and promoted the best people at their respective jobs. Is that not true where your son works?

Now of days if one does not have a staffed office and DEI program, they are cut off from future investments by the usual sources.

its all about the DEI and ESG scores anymore.  

Its kind of funny to see Military industrial companies promoting DEI and ESG.

Bombs don't give an Eff about one's social classifications.  

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Now, where do you suppose those kids might’ve learned that

Most of the grooming happens at home

Another case of hrooming happening at home

I don’t know if any of you have ever been to the Middle East, but I have, and their cultural beliefs that they are taught at home would a line with this

You have a lot of nerve calling other people groomers!

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Now its trying to attack Muslims as groomers.

While attacking parents.

ugh.  

Good luck with that! The Muslim community won’t fold like the white liberal women of this country did.

• Agree 2