Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

1 hour ago, BillMafia716ix said:

It’s always about the money. The fact that the Bills are working out two WRs tomorrow tells you all you need to know about where things stand with DHop

Working those wide receivers out has nothing to do with Hopkins Brandon been does this all the time he’s probably looking at practice squad types

• Agree 2

38 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Working those wide receivers out has nothing to do with Hopkins Brandon been does this all the time he’s probably looking at practice squad types

We don't know what any of it means either way. My personal belief is he's not signing here & is looking for a pay day. He wasn't happy getting nearly $20 million a year, so doubtful he's seriously considering anything less. But look at all the WR's who make that kind of money & compare their production to Hopkins's the past couple years. Our best bet is just play the waiting game & let D-Hop slowly realize teams aren't willing to offer that much for his level of production. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BigDingus said:

We don't know what any of it means either way. My personal belief is he's not signing here & is looking for a pay day. He wasn't happy getting nearly $20 million a year, so doubtful he's seriously considering anything less. But look at all the WR's who make that kind of money & compare their production to Hopkins's the past couple years. Our best bet is just play the waiting game & let D-Hop slowly realize teams aren't willing to offer that much for his level of production. 

If the bills are not remotely as competitive financially, like say the Browns, I don’t think there’s any way in hell that he’s coming here 

Like it or not I think the best case scenario is that Gabe Davis balls out this year, and he signs an extension the bills love him and yes, he was not as good as you should’ve been last year

Look up for Trent sherfield I just got a feeling about this guy

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

There are millions of people in this world who think they’re funny, have a megaphone, and are not funny.

Millions of people own megaphones? So that’s what all the racket is! 

Edited by SoCal Deek

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Millions of people own megaphones? So that’s what all the racket is! 

My father told me I should have been a megaphone salesman and I said "no dad you can't tell me what to do anymore" so I went and did something else that is not as successful as megaphone sales apparently so guess who has the last laugh

• Haha (+1) 3

17 hours ago, Rigotz said:

The Dolphins traded DeVante Parker and a 5th last year to the Pats for their 3rd rounder.

Gabe Davis is 24. DeVante Parker was 29 at the time of trade.

Gabe Davis is set to make $2.9M this year. Devante Parker was set to make $12 Million at the time of trade.

Gabe Davis put up 836 yards last year. Devante Parker did that once in his 5 years with the Dolphins.

You don't think Davis would fetch a 3rd?

Nope. Parker's cap hit to the Patriots was $6M/yr for two years - NOT $12M/yr.  That's a very cap-friendly deal for a decent, if unspectacular, receiver. 

Let's put aside whether the Pats gave up WAY too much for Parker, and speculate whether the Bills could try to make the same exact deal. Why would any team give up a 3rd for a one-year contract and the possibility not sign Davis after the season?  

Moreover, why get rid of Davis for what is essentially moving up from the 5th to the 3rd? Yes, he would have a diminished role, and the Bills might not be able to sign him for 2024 and beyond, but he would STILL be much more valuable for the Bills THIS season than any reasonable return on a trade. 

Pros:

- Davis could be a very good #3 (if not one of the best in the league)

- Davis floor likely has a much higher floor than any other receiver on the roster. 

- Davis could easily step into #2 if Diggs or Hopkins cannot play.

Cons:

- May not be able to resign Davis after the season

• Like (+1) 2

I predict it'll be about three days before some surprise team -- thus far totally unmentioned by the "plugged in sources" of the national media -- will emerge from out of nowhere and sign Hopkins to a big money deal.

It'll be some fringe playoff contender or nobody team, and it'll strictly be about money. And like JJ Watt before him, he'll preach culture and "chance to win a championship" but really it will have been solely about money.

I'll just randomly pick, oh...the Saints.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Logic said:

I predict it'll be about three days before some surprise team -- thus far totally unmentioned by the "plugged in sources" of the national media -- will emerge from out of nowhere and sign Hopkins to a big money deal.

It'll be some fringe playoff contender or nobody team, and it'll strictly be about money. And like JJ Watt before him, he'll preach culture and "chance to win a championship" but really it will have been solely about money.

I'll just randomly pick, oh...the Saints.

I'm starting to see this the longer it plays out.  Kinda like Watt signing with the Cards two years ago.

I'm going to say....the Bears.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.