Hopkins released by Arizona (7/16: signed by Titans)

HappyDays

20 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

That doesn't make you old.....right? Right? RIGHT!?

I think party lines on the phone attached to the kitchen wall is the official line to be crossed. 

That will get some people off the hook here. 

EDIT: I’m still concerning some. If you never used an abacus in school, you make the cut. Everybody happy?   😋

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Take it for what it’s worth but two of my cousins who live in upstate NY mentioned that they heard DHop was in Buffalo hanging out with Diggs, Von and other players.

If true, could mean nothing, could mean everything.

Come on, get it done. Go Bills!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Take it for what it’s worth but two of my cousins who live in upstate NY mentioned that DHop was in Buffalo last night hanging out with Diggs, Von and others.

and what makes your cousins so special that they would know this and no one else would?

17 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

and what makes your cousins so special that they would know this and no one else would?

Not saying they are, bro.

Didn’t claim it as gospel, that’s why I shared it the way I did. Just sharing what I heard from them.

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Related, due to the Chiefs potentially needing to see what Chris Jones number is going to come in at before going all in on Hop..

Well, we can only hope those deals sting them deeply and prevents buying new toys for them. 

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Chiefs can't afford to lose Jones imo

They either try to keep the defense they have or improve the offense they have.

Might be a net neutral but Jones is probably more important for the future vs hop and Kelce getting older.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

I am all about the RIGHT NOW.

I do not care about 3 years from now, or 5 years from now, or 10 years from now.

I don't want to waste Allen's career like the Dolphins wasted Marinos.

We need to strike while the iron is hot. All hands on deck right NOW. Allen's career could (in theory) go the way of Cam Newtons and he be out of the league in 5 years. I hope not, of course, but its possible, so we need to go all in NOW.

I said it before, but i'd trade a decade of 12-6 for just ONE Super Bowl. That one trophy is worth far more than year after year after year of "good but not good enough".

Plus, if KC gets Hopkins, it's a wrap for the AFC.

This is such a weak thought process. 

you act as if injuries aren’t part of the NFL.  All it takes is a Chris Jones injury.  A Kelce injury.  A Mahomes injury.  A Hopkins injury.  An injury or 2 along the OL.  Injuries to multiple starters.  You know, like us last season.

Last I knew, we’ve beaten the chiefs 2 out of 3 times in their house and are on anomaly away fro being 3-0.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

This is such a weak thought process. 

you act as if injuries aren’t part of the NFL.  All it takes is a Chris Jones injury.  A Kelce injury.  A Mahomes injury.  A Hopkins injury.  An injury or 2 along the OL.  Injuries to multiple starters.  You know, like us last season.

Last I knew, we’ve beaten the chiefs 2 out of 3 times in their house and are on anomaly away fro being 3-0.  

Our season changed on Thanksgiving Day when Von tore his ACL. I’m not throwing out scenarios to jinx anyone, but a lot can happen in a single game, or practice for that matter. IF we have DHop we are better prepared for when something goes wrong.  Because it will at some point. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Our season changed on Thanksgiving Day when Von tore his ACL. I’m not throwing out scenarios to jinx anyone, but a lot can happen in a single game, or practice for that matter. IF we have DHop we are better prepared for when something goes wrong.  Because it will at some point. 

Don’t get me wrong, I really hope we can sign him.  But I think the thought that going all in will net you a Super Bowl is bs.   It can…. But what happens when someone gets hurt?  Or multiple people get hurt?  Or the opposing coaches in the playoffs devise the perfect game plans to beat you? 

talent is a big part of winning a Lombardi, but other aspects of the game can overrule talent. Injuries and coaching being the biggest aspects. 

those that are ok going all in for ONE season better be ready to put a gun to their head if some of those acquisitions get hurt.  See Von and Daquan.  Plus Hyde and Poyer and Tre and Damar.  It’s extremely risky due to so many things possibly going wrong

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Don’t get me wrong, I really hope we can sign him.  But I think the thought that going all in will net you a Super Bowl is bs.   It can…. But what happens when someone gets hurt?  Or multiple people get hurt?  Or the opposing coaches in the playoffs devise the perfect game plans to beat you? 

talent is a big part of winning a Lombardi, but other aspects of the game can overrule talent. Injuries and coaching being the biggest aspects. 

those that are ok going all in for ONE season better be ready to put a gun to their head if some of those acquisitions get hurt.  See Von and Daquan.  Plus Hyde and Poyer and Tre and Damar.  It’s extremely risky due to so many things possibly going wrong

I am 100% on Team Beane here, I want to build something that will last over time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

I am 100% on Team Beane here, I want to build something that will last over time. 

I wouldn't hate the way the Rams did it either. 

As a Bills fan, I'm not against the "all in" mentality.  One might say with validity the Von Miller move applies as such. Dhop would probably be seen as such a move. 

Obviously, big moves don't always equate to the coveted prize. Often, the bigger moves are short term boost while sacrificing the long term philosophy.  I suppose that's why the the term all in" applies. 

I don't mind the Bills swinging for the fences. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan619 said:

Take it for what it’s worth but two of my cousins who live in upstate NY mentioned that they heard DHop was in Buffalo hanging out with Diggs, Von and other players.

I think the bigger news out of would be that Diggs finally found his way to Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Sign him.  Whatever it takes.  Having a perpetual contender is great, but when you're this close to being able to win a Super Bowl, and have the chance to sign DHop, you swing for the fences.

Within reason.  If he gets a massive long term deal than it wasn't to be.  I think simple restructures to either Dawkins or White creates enough room to have it make sense without going max void years. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.