Should Dion look like this?

21 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Makes me laugh reading this thread making excuses for the, ahem, "expanding" Dawkins.  

Years ago, hand-wringing Bills fans ripped Jason Peters for showing up to camp out of football shape after a contentious holdout.    

Now, a guy like Dawkins who is protecting Allen's blind side shows up doing his imitation of the Stay-Puft Marsmallow Man and it's no big deal.  After all, he's under contract and available for OTA's.

Makes me wonder what the reaction will be when he gives up a big hit on JA because those extra 25 pounds inhibited his mobility to mirror rushers. 

image.png.46e811d781d60c877fce0ebf15db4d16.png

I thought of something that could never ever hurt me

It’s the state puff marshmallow man

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Except that season when he came in too skinny after COVID.

This is what OTAs and training camp are for. I suspect he'll be in good LT shape by the second weekend in September.

Wish one one hand and crap in another. Tell me which one happens first 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

What are you suggesting the FO guys do? At this point of the offseason, it is easier for coaches to talk to him and "encourage" him to get to a reasonable playing weight by end-August, than to go looking for alternatives (at LT!!) on the scrap heap. If you were making some other point, please elaborate. 

My point in counter to his was you're a professional athlete getting paid very well for maintaining your level of fitness and ability. Dion (imo) has regressed since getting his deal done. Could be a few factors but being out of shape and having to continually catch up to be in playing shape is a sign of a bad pro. It is also a concern that he protects your best asset, I never said cast him aside for another LT. Maybe the Bills have said something to him that we aren't privy to. I will give him credit, last years Miami away game he played every snap and held in there. That is brutal for a guy in that role. 

1 hour ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

My point in counter to his was you're a professional athlete getting paid very well for maintaining your level of fitness and ability. Dion (imo) has regressed since getting his deal done. Could be a few factors but being out of shape and having to continually catch up to be in playing shape is a sign of a bad pro. It is also a concern that he protects your best asset, I never said cast him aside for another LT. Maybe the Bills have said something to him that we aren't privy to. I will give him credit, last years Miami away game he played every snap and held in there. That is brutal for a guy in that role. 

Hey, they're called optional OTAs, and Dion decided to come even though he'd be showing off his bad offseason body. He doesn't have a history of being a Marcel Dareus or Kelvin Benjamin. Again, it's May, and I have no reason to doubt he'll be in good football shape in 100 days.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Hey, they're called optional OTAs, and Dion decided to come even though he'd be showing off his bad offseason body. He doesn't have a history of being a Marcel Dareus or Kelvin Benjamin. Again, it's May, and I have no reason to doubt he'll be in good football shape in 100 days.

Voice of reason 

• Thank you (+1) 1

O linemen are fatties. I would bet Dawkins isn’t in prime shape though. I heard he’s a good guy but he’s really in love with the life of being a “baller.”  Plus, those cornhole circuits pack on lbs. 

On 5/23/2023 at 7:57 PM, Beck Water said:

I get it maybe Spencer Brown is a bit skinny for an OT but Dang!  Do you think the Bills want Dawkins to look like this? 

He seems a bit....rotund

vjkak36uwgzqhahtgk2a.jpg

I've always thought he was dumpy as f*ck.

Is the photo altered to be funny?

What a lard ass.

Remember when OLmen in the league were lean, mean, super strong, and athletic?

And they could actually pull and run?

These guys are so bloated up now to get over 300...it's a joke.