Bills Scouting Department Title Changes

KingBoots8

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-announced-these-moves-within-the-scouting-department

Malik Boyd has been named Senior Personnel Advisor and will work as an executive scout in the pro and college personnel departments.

Chris Marrow and Curtis Rukavina have been named co-Directors of Pro Scouting. 

Lake Dawson has been named Senior Executive and will continue his duties in the college scouting area while expanding his role into the pro scouting department. 

A.J. Highsmith has been named National Scout. 

Edited by KingBoots8
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Now everyone is a “SVP” of something or another, I had Business cards made when I worked in a bicycle shop, and added SVP of retail environments as my title, so everyone did it and made up there titles, we greeted each other every morning with “Doctor” and a hand shake, life was good back then, 😂

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Now everyone is a “SVP” of something or another, I had Business cards made when I worked in a bicycle shop, and added SVP of retail environments as my title, so everyone did it and made up there titles, we greeted each other every morning with “Doctor” and a hand shake, life was good back then, 😂

🧐

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Sounds like a bank where they give out titles for free.

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Sounds like a bank where they give out titles for free.

I mean… I work at a credit union but the rule stands. 

Also: before becoming an AVP, VP, or SVP, they like to go with “Director” these days. 

5 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

I mean… I work at a credit union but the rule stands. 

Also: before becoming an AVP, VP, or SVP, they like to go with “Director” these days. 

The AVP and SVP thing is very American. It has crept in to British business a little bit in certain sectors but we still just tend to use Director and then have lots of them "Directing" increasingly ambiguous concepts. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The AVP and SVP thing is very American. It has crept in to British business a little bit in certain sectors but we still just tend to use Director and then have lots of them "Directing" increasingly ambiguous concepts. 

A buddy of mine recently joined a healthy but stagnant bank as CEO. He was brought in to grow things by adding lenders and other measures. The previous CEO was made Vice Chairman, because nobody knew what that meant, and he didn’t feel like he lost stature. His old staff loved him and thought it was a good thing. Titles can be decieving. Keep your titles, show me the money! 

• Agree 1

On 5/19/2023 at 4:17 PM, GunnerBill said:

Great news for AJ. Top dude and a talented young scout. He can make it to the very top.

He's blocked by a whole bunch of 50-something guys whose GM aspirations have stalled here so I'd expect his next step is to another organization prior to a potential GM opportunity.

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He's blocked by a whole bunch of 50-something guys whose GM aspirations have stalled here so I'd expect his next step is to another organization prior to a potential GM opportunity.

Very possibly so. But he is a star in the making.

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Serious question. White dude or black? Man I'd load up my staff with exclusively black dudes and I'm not kidding

Anyone know how they assess these guys, and their performance?

Is it more about their scouting report and process and how they feel about their completed draft or do they tie scouts to players and look at their long term benefit to the team? 

maybe both is the easy answer but the later is reliant on so many other variables perhaps it’s not part of the equation. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.