Matt Araiza

SCBills

Well, we have another punter now. It doesn't make sense to bring him in. It just sucks that this all happened. I hoped at the time that the Bills would not release him until more facts were out.

Personally, I don't care about media storms. You have to do the right thing regardless of how the media or fans will react.

What Beane said at the time did make sense, though, that Araiza needed to focus 100% on the legal process, not on football.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, NUT said:

America used to be the land of second chances, but no longer. He will still be thought of as a rapist by a large portion of the populace. Facts don't matter anymore, only the narrative.

He’s gonna get second chances once the legal issues are resolved. 

Does this forum, this thread, represent the opinions of the populace? If so, and I think it does, he will be exonerated by a majority portion of the populace who realize he was wrongly accused of participating in a gang rape. I submit that will be the preponderant narrative going forward. We’ll see.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

It could be a lie.  It's also possible she may have been roofied.  I don't know but again, there is evidence disproving what she claimed.

I agree that her having sexual intercourse with multiple partners that night may have indeed been consensual, but her wounds certainly suggest it got out of hand given the trauma observed during her examination. Do you dismiss the hospital report and published rape kit results? How could she lie about that?

15 minutes ago, NUT said:

America used to be the land of second chances, but no longer. He will still be thought of as a rapist by a large portion of the populace. Facts don't matter anymore, only the narrative.

America is still the land of 15th chances if you're talented.  I know you just want to bloviate about all the many ills of society but suggesting NFL players don't get second chances is a particularly bad point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Mango said:

You can certainly be too drunk to give consent. And yes, I have turned down women who were too drunk to do so. This shouldn't be all that contentious. Any attorney on the planet will agree that you can be charged with sexual assault because somebody people cannot give reasonable consent. You may not like it, but it doesn't make it less true. 

My issue with this is what happens if the man and the woman are both super drunk? In that situation it appears the man is automatically to blame in most legal settings. To me that makes no sense. It implies that sex is something men do, and something that women have done to them. So if Araiza was drunk at a party and had sex with a drunk woman, you think that classifies as rape? I'll never come around to that kind of thinking.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, NUT said:

No, I don't think that it does. We're all Bills fans.

So you have to be a Bills fan to accept the DA report? You have to be a Bills fan to realize that Araiza was falsely accused and deserves a second chance? People who don’t know the first thing about the Bills and the NFL can sympathize with a young man falsely accused and harmed by the accusation. People have been falsely accused of and pilloried for far worse only to be forgiven by the populace that believed it initially. Have a little faith in your fellow citizens.

12 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I agree that her having sexual intercourse with multiple partners that night may have indeed been consensual, but her wounds certainly suggest it got out of hand given the trauma observed during her examination. Do you dismiss the hospital report and published rape kit results? How could she lie about that?

It's amazing the lengths people will go to to hide the (embarrassing) truth.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, NUT said:

No way should he give the Bills a second chance IMO. They caved.

Every team would have. I’m sure he realizes that. At least the Bills believed his story and still wanted to move forward. 100% of teams would have did what the Bills did after things became public.

22 minutes ago, NUT said:

No way should he give the Bills a second chance IMO. They caved.

They didn't cave am sure they cut him in part to let the young man deal full time with the issue at hand which was to clear his name etc. Yet with us getting Martin under a 3 year deal it be tough for Araiza to make the roster. Yet I have no issues if he was brought back in at same contract he initially had with Bills and have him compete for a job. Yet ultimately I expect a team to try and stash them on PS and if he shows the same leg we saw he likely be called up to replace an aging veteran or beat out an lesser experienced guy. 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

It's amazing the lengths people will go to to hide the (embarrassing) truth.  

True. But the hospital report and rape kit results that show something bad happened to that girl are real facts nonetheless. 

4 hours ago, teef said:

i honestly consider myself lucky that i never really jumped into social media.  I may use it to a minor extent,  but not close to daily.  there's a ton of mob mentality, misinformation, peer pressure.  it's tough.  i'm sure there's a lot of good that can come from it, but we tend to hear far more towards the bad.  i worry about my kids and how this evolves, so i'm just going to try to deal with this on a local level.  who knows how AI is going to change this landscape as well.  it's going to be the wild west of tech.

Me and you both teef.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NUT said:

Not sure how you can even say this? Maybe our end will be swift at the hands of AI.

I can say it because my experience as a 63 year, life long citizen in this country has proved it over and over and over again. I think your level of cynicism has a lot to do with your lack of faith in your fellow countrymen. 

7 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

From her aggressive attitude and proclaimed desire to be excessively promiscuous, I'd wager she was into rough sex.

That’s certainly a possibility and shouldn’t be discounted. I wonder how many women who are into rough sex end up going to the hospital, get treated for bleeding vaginas, bruises, abrasions, and get rape kit examinations that show the presence of DNA from multiple men. 

• Thank you (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.