Matt Araiza

SCBills

6 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Beane and the Pegula’s needs to do the right thing and either cut Martin and sign Araiza or keep both on the roster and pay both of them. It’s there fault for caving to a crappy irrational fan base. They need to own up to that and make things right. 

The Bills don't owe him anything.  He's a sixth round punter and was therefore easily expendable.  Wasn't worth the distraction.  Sucks for him but he'll get a shot somewhere else.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

15 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Beane and the Pegula’s needs to do the right thing and either cut Martin and sign Araiza or keep both on the roster and pay both of them. It’s their fault for caving to a crappy irrational fan base. They need to own up to that and make things right. 

If we don’t make things right, then this team deserves the curse it will receive. 

Imagine Beane explaining this to Pegula. 

"Look, I know it's nuts to pay and carry two punters in today's hyper competitive NFL.  However, there's a possible curse we have to consider."

• Haha (+1) 5

Just now, Doc Brown said:

Imagine Beane explaining this to Pegula. 

"Look, I know it's nuts to pay and carry two punters in today's hyper competitive NFL.  However, there's a possible curse we have to consider."

This is how the universe works. When you don’t correct something that was wronged at no fault of their own, bad bad things happen. Do the right thing or suffer. 

If we don’t bring back Araiza if he wants to return and we don’t go on to winning a super bowl for the next 40 years. I’m blaming all of you. 

53 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

Come again? Don’t hook up with strangers? Try telling that to a university football player. 

Most programs educate their team on these issues these days. And SDSU actually brought in a consent counselor in the wake of these allegations.

7 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Most programs educate their team on these issues these days. And SDSU actually brought in a consent counselor in the wake of these allegations.

lol there's no counseling program on the planet that is going to stop drunk college kids from having sex.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

True, which means the decision is entirely up to Araiza to sign wherever he wants. I think the only question right now is, does Araiza feel slighted by Buffalo enough to not sign with us again. 

If I were him, I’d sign with the team that presents the best opportunity. Given our situation with Martin, that’s probably not in Buffalo. But stranger things have happened, that’s for sure.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Politics were in play, but yes, should be avoided. 

As far as the witch hunt goes, just own up to it.  If you’re a Bills content creator who tore Arazia down, would it kill you to help clear his name?

Can we get a comprehensive list of the guys who did this? I'd love to make some calls to WGR and get on twitter. These guys are smug, condescending #######s most of the time and I don't want them to get away with this 

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

If I were him, I’d sign with the team that presents the best opportunity. Given our situation with Martin, that’s probably not in Buffalo. But stranger things have happened, that’s for sure.

This is what I’d do. I’m a huge man of principle. If I owned the Bills, I’d be on the phone right now talking with Araiza. I would tell him that there would be a roster spot for you if he wanted it. I’d swallow the financial costs because it was my mistake to cut him rather than stick by him until proven guilty. That’s the only way to make this whole. 

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I don't think he gets a chance with any team until the civil suit is completely resolved.

Just now, Doc Brown said:

I don't think he gets a chance with any team until the civil suit is completely resolved.

Speaking of which, given the amount of exculpatory evidence just furnished for use by his defense attorney, I’m surprised we haven’t heard anything from the plaintiff’s lawyer yet. He couldn’t keep his mouth shut previously. I look for him to drop the case against Araiza soon.

Just now, Mattymafia said:

Speaks closer to home for him I guess since he was on SDSU for the last few years 

Speaks more about the cowardice of Buffalo’s management that a player had to stick up for Araiza first before the people who cut him did. But par for the course. 

11 minutes ago, arcane said:

Can we get a comprehensive list of the guys who did this? I'd love to make some calls to WGR and get on twitter. These guys are smug, condescending #######s most of the time and I don't want them to get away with this 

I checked a few and they clearly scrubbed mentions of Araiza.  

Bills Mafia Babes led the charge to get him released, yet somehow they have zero visible tweets tonight about him. 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Speaks more about the cowardice of Buffalo’s management that a player had to stick up for Araiza first before the people who cut him did. But par for the course. 

Wrong. Araiza was the one who failed to disclose that he had been questioned by police in an alleged rape allegation during his senior year. 

The Bills couldn't stand up for him and say they believed in him when they only learned about it from her attorney. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Nah.. we just end up out a draft pick in all this.   It is what it is.  

However, the league should instruct their partners to report on this story to provide cover for other teams to potentially bring him into camp this summer. 

54 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m willing to bet behind the scenes the NFL called up the BIlls org and told them to cut bait. If that is true, the NFL has to make it clear he’s returning to Buffalo. 

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s BS. Beane needs to do the right thing and carry 2 punters. This is his fault, he needs to own up to it. 

The ideal situation would be for the league to give us a roster and salary-cap exemption to carry Ariaza until Martin's contract is up. So, we get to carry 54 players. Absent that, a 4th round comp pick would do.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

Wrong. Araiza was the one who failed to disclose that he had been questioned by police in an alleged rape allegation during his senior year. 

The Bills couldn't stand up for him and say they believed in him when they only learned about it from her attorney. 

LOL supposedly the Bills are a professional organization who does extensive background checks. They didn’t know about that anyways? Seems like a fail either way. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Speaking of which, given the amount of exculpatory evidence just furnished for use by his defense attorney, I’m surprised we haven’t heard anything from the plaintiff’s lawyer yet. He couldn’t keep his mouth shut previously. I look for him to drop the case against Araiza soon.

Independent of the specifics of this case/his client, it was amazing how classless and unprofessional he was 

2 minutes ago, chongli said:

The ideal situation would be for the league to give us a roster and salary-cap exemption to carry Ariaza until Martin's contract is up. So, we get to carry 54 players. Absent that, a 4th round comp pick would do.

I like this idea. It’s the best proposed idea I’ve heard yet. If the NFL even cared remotely about justice, they would do this. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

LOL supposedly the Bills are a professional organization who does extensive background checks. They didn’t know about that anyways? Seems like a fail either way. 

I guess you're right, totally worked out for Araiza keeping his mouth shut when he was asked if there was any off field incidents that the Bills should be aware of. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I like this idea. It’s the best proposed idea I’ve heard yet. If the NFL even cared remotely about justice, they would do this. 

The NFL only cares about perverted, performative definitions of this word, the original concept gutted, its skin worn as a rotting disguise 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I guess you're right, totally worked out for Araiza keeping his mouth shut when he was asked if there was any off field incidents that the Bills should be aware of. 

Do you blame him? Knowing that you are completely innocent and telling the truth isn’t going to make teams thinking logically about it. 

1 minute ago, arcane said:

What the Bills did here was not evil, bad, incompetent, or anything like that

They weren't brave either though, and they could have been 

They still aren’t brave either. Still no statement from management, but we do have current players that have issued statements on the matter. That’s pretty sad when players stand up for former players before management does. 

24 minutes ago, arcane said:

Ok, let’s name names. 

I’ll start. Tim graham wrote a column for the Athletic on how awful the Bills, and especially Beane, were for not cutting him in July. 

And Matthew Fairburn came in Joe Buscaglia podcast saying basically the same thing. Those guys (Graham and Fairburn) are bozos, not worth your eyeballs. To his credit, Buscaglia tried to slow Fairburn down, and wanted to wait for actual facts. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Do you blame him? Knowing that you are completely innocent and telling the truth isn’t going to make teams thinking logically about it. 

He had sex with the underage girl earlier that night outside in the yard. And he knew she was accusing him of rape. 

At the very least he should have come clean to the team soon after the draft. Cause the Bills finding out about the allegations from the accusers lawyers makes him look like he's hiding something. 

He didn't do himself any favors. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Beane and the Pegula’s needs to do the right thing and either cut Martin and sign Araiza or keep both on the roster and pay both of them. It’s their fault for caving to a crappy irrational fan base. They need to own up to that and make things right. 

If we don’t make things right, then this team deserves the curse it will receive. 

I hated when they released him, watching the media give hourly updates on him still remaining on the roster. I was glad Bean took his time, the local media still bashed Bills for not releasing him quick enough, it was disgusting.

I totally understood why the Bills had to release him. I’m thinking he’s gonna sign somewhere and play for a decade. I’m happy for him and his family that this nut job money grabber was exposed.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Ok, let’s name names. 

I’ll start. Tim graham wrote a column for the Athletic on how awful the Bills, and especially Beane, were for not cutting him in July. 

And Matthew Fairburn came in Joe Buscaglia podcast saying basically the same thing. Those guys (Graham and Fairburn) are bozos, not worth your eyeballs. To his credit, Buscaglia tried to slow Fairburn down, and wanted to wait for actual facts. 

Thanks. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.