Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

7 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

What sales tactic? Give us the specific details of the shady tactics they're using at this event.

Before I do…..Have you ever been to a timeshare presentation? If you haven’t, I’m not sure what experience you bring here. 

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Deets when your done.

They can tap dance all they want. All I want to know is what can I afford. Give me a rate card and a break down of amenities.

A clarification: what you really want to know is what it costs, not what you can afford. Asking what you can afford is one of the classic hallmarks of both new car sales and timeshare ‘presentations’. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Before I do…..Have you ever been to a timeshare presentation? If you haven’t, I’m not sure what experience you bring here. 

A clarification: what you really want to know is what it costs, not what you can afford. Asking what you can afford is one of the classic hallmarks of both new car sales and timeshare ‘presentations’. 

Yep. Please do. Gives us the specific details about this event. Don't just describe a timeshare sales event.

1 hour ago, Jrb1979 said:

What choices?  

One is they did not need to reduce size of stadium to try to drive up seat costs and attempt (I do not think it will make it successful) to being all PSL.  They are going to get some blowback from this.

2 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

One is they did not need to reduce size of stadium to try to drive up seat costs and attempt (I do not think it will make it successful) to being all PSL.  They are going to get some blowback from this.

That’s exactly why they reduced the size. So that they can PSL every single seat and they know there will continue to be a waiting list no matter what.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Yep. Please do. Gives us the specific details about this event. Don't just describe a timeshare sales event.

Ugh! First of all, it’s not an ‘event’. I’m suggesting that it sure sounds like the typical 90 minute ‘presentation’ that one gets at a timeshare. Is this REALLY that hard to understand? Or do you just want to argue about an observation? 

4 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

It makes sense to reduce the size of the stadium. It's the way just every new stadium is going. Less seats create higher demand.  I get the frustration as a lot people are going to be priced out from going to games. The Bills will no longer be near the bottom in average ticket prices. New stadium will put them closer to the top. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

It makes sense to reduce the size of the stadium. It's the way just every new stadium is going. Less seats create higher demand.  I get the frustration as a lot people are going to be priced out from going to games. The Bills will no longer be near the bottom in average ticket prices. New stadium will put them closer to the top. 

I am the president of a Bills Backers group for almost 30 years and many are regular occasional visitors to stadium.  Grandparents talk about bringing their grandkids to first game.   For a lot of them being able to go to games with family is part of their fandom.  The commercialization of fandom starting with "Bills Mafia" has reduced support of Bills and the new stadium will as well.   Bills will be selling more and more tickets to brokers who will be selling them to people who tried to buy season tickets in past but rejected due to zip code.   I am probably going to stop being president of group since I have too many issues to travel regularly and disappointed how Bills stopped supporting Bills Backers groups promoting Bills Mafia instead,

• Like (+1) 3

I don't love the public money but I could behind it with more public benefit/protections. 

There are two things that I am pretty heavy on: 

1. Any stadium built with public funds should prohibit the owner from collecting PSL fees. You can either collect PSL or collect public subsidy. You cannot collect both. 
2. Any municipality whose money has gone to build the stadium should have open access to viewing the NFL games inside. If you live in NYC, Albany, or Utica you shouldn't have to pay or NFL Sunday ticket or 12 different streaming providers. Granted this was a bit easier to work around in the pre-streaming era. But I still believe it.

$1B is an insane amount of public subsidy to turn around and charge PSL's. If owners want to charge it or restrict viewership access then they can pay for their stadiums themselves. 

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

I don't love the public money but I could behind it with more public benefit/protections. 

1. Any stadium built with public funds should prohibit the owner from collecting PSL fees. You can either collect PSL or collect public subsidy. You cannot collect both. 
2. Any municipality whose money has gone to build the stadium should have open access to viewing the NFL games inside. If you live in NYC, Albany, or Utica you shouldn't have to pay or NFL Sunday ticket or 12 different streaming providers. Granted this was a bit easier to work around in the pre-streaming era. But I still believe it.

$1B is an insane amount of public subsidy to turn around and charge PSL's. If owners want to charge it or restrict viewership access then they can pay for their stadiums themselves. 

The public money seems to grow larger in this thread every day lol.  Its not 1b

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

react_thanks.png

8 minutes ago, Mango said:

react_thanks.png

4 hours ago, RichStadiumGuy said:

Good reason for NY Jiants and Jest to have stadium in New Jersey.

18 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

The public money seems to grow larger in this thread every day lol.  Its not 1b

Thanks for the correction. Scratch everything I just said because the public money is only $850M not a billion. 

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Mango said:

Thanks for the correction. Scratch everything I just said because the public money is only $850M not a billion. 

In every stadium that has recently been built there are always cost over runs.

In fact Atlanta wrote into the agreement that falcons would pay all cost over runs.

In case of cost over runs for Bills who will pick up the cost ?

Pegula? Surely you can't be serious. 

It could easily be 1B by opening day 

4 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

In every stadium that has recently been built there are always cost over runs.

In fact Atlanta wrote into the agreement that falcons would pay all cost over runs.

In case of cost over runs for Bills who will pick up the cost ?

Pegula? Surely you can't be serious. 

It could easily be 1B by opening day 

The Bills are contractually obligated to pay all cost overruns. 

• Like (+1) 3