Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

16 feet does feet a bit small for the Buffalo’s. Not that I really care if we even have them at all, but if you’re going to make them - why not make them a powerful striking feature?

My “Go Bills” Christmas sign in front of my house is close to 20 feet tall and I made it myself 😂.

It’s not the size of the buffalo, it’s the motion of the ocean.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I hope this dog and pony show is more about PSLs than ticket prices, although I expect them to go up at least 30%. Also hope this video is just a teaser for a more informative one coming later.

I did speak with my rep Audrey and she was very pleasant but not very forthcoming on info. She also wasn't clear that the order of who gets called is based on seat location and not tenure as a season ticket holder. So me, as a non-club 200-level holder will be behind the club and 100-section holders, even though I have 21-years of ownership.

But it does get tedious. Especially over dumb crap like how large the bison will be.

This isn't the first time I've heard that priority will be based on seat location, not seniority.

My other concern are the multiple tiers halfway up the stadium.  Are those all considered to be club seats?  If so, that's a huge increase of seats from the old stadium, which will give less options to regular season ticket holders.  This is similar to the concerns I saw with how Jacksonville prioritized their club seats.  

The new Buffalo Bills stadium is what it is. As a Bills fan I wish the Bills organization wouldn’t show anymore fluff videos of the lacking new Bills stadium it’s just too much of a dividing topic for many Western New Yorkers what went down to talk about just build the Bills stadium. The Bills fans will decide if the PSL’s and what the Bills are offering is right for them personally. Don’t sell isn’t a Buffalo Statue great when they are all around Buffalo area for years. That would be like the Buffalo Bisons saying buy Bisons season tickets we have a statue of former mayor Jimmy Griffin outside our Bisons baseball park who cares? That isn’t special or unique to Buffalo three Buffalo statues outside a stadium in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Bisons! Let’s Go Buffalo 

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

This isn't the first time I've heard that priority will be based on seat location, not seniority.

My other concern are the multiple tiers halfway up the stadium.  Are those all considered to be club seats?  If so, that's a huge increase of seats from the old stadium, which will give less options to regular season ticket holders.  This is similar to the concerns I saw with how Jacksonville prioritized their club seats.  

I’ve been saying this for 2 years now. Priototu will go to suite members first. Then club seat members. Then the rest of general admission. Based on seniority in those sections. 

yes, most of those multiple tiers will end up being multiple club and suite levels of multiple options. I’m site there will be some general admission seats among them but I’d be willing to bet that most of those tears between the 20s will be all clubs. We’ll see soon enough I guess. Calls to go to the stadium experience should be starting pretty soon now. 

The funny thing about the "Giant Buffaloes" is that NOBODY knew or cared about giant buffaloes until they showed a single, grainy, VERY preliminary mockup of a stadium CONCEPT that had giant buffaloes.  Talk about mob-mentality. 

On the issue of the stadium, itself....having gone through this when the Mets moved from Shea to Citifield, I can sadly say the next fews year will be downright intolerable. Everyone is going to B word and complain and be miserable and nitpick the hell of of everything from the color of the seats, to the size of statues to the proposed flavors of the urinal cakes.  The blather will drone on and reach a fever pitch around the first pre-season game when they let the unwashed masses into the building the first time, at which point everyone will REALLY lose their minds. 

"When I sit in my new seat, the beer stand is 6.78 meters further than it was at the Ralph!!!!! AARRRRRGGGHHHHHTSKLJFSHSLK!!!!!!"

But then....guess what? Unless they seriously screw it up (looking at YOU, MetLife) after like Game 5 EVERYONE will forget what they spent the last few years gouging their eyes out about, will settle in to their new digs, and will absolutely love the building. Also...and this is the most important part...if things are discovered that really need to be tweaked in the new buidling after the org learns how things work and flow in real life on gameday....they will make those tweaks. And the place will be even better. 

Edited by RkFast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, RkFast said:

The funny thing about the "Giant Buffaloes" is that NODOBY knew or cared about giant buffaloes until they showed a single, grainy, VERY preliminary mockup of a CONCEPT of a stadium with giant buffaloes.  Talk about mob-mentality. 

On the issue of the stadium, itself....having gone through this when the Mets moved from Shea to Citifield, I can sadly say the next fews year will be downright intolerable. Everyone is going to B word and complain and be miserable and nitpick the hell of of everything from the color of the seats, to the size of statues to the proposed flavors of the urinal cakes.  The mindless blather drone on and reach a fever pitch around the first pre-season game when they let the unwashed masses into the building the first time.

And guess what? Unless they seriously screw it up (looking at YOU, MetLife) after like Game 5 EVERYONE will forget what they spent the last few years gouging their eyes out about and will absolutely love the new building.

It is a truly fascinating quality humans possess, they can grow to tolerate almost anything, no matter how objectionable it may be perceived as.

I agree entirely with your perspectives. Damn the perspectives of the common man who is paying for such things, let the corporations who are profiting make all the decisions. The peons will mostly learn to adapt, and if some do not all the better, there are less seats for their ilk in this new stadium anyways.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Dancing Fool said:

Damn the perspectives of the common man 

The organization sent out a multiple page survey to all season ticket holders and then expanded the survey to the general fanbase. It was several pages long and covered multiple topics from tailgating preferences, to where the building should go, to what it should be like inside, to what flavor the urinal cakes should be. Did you not complete the survey? You should have completed the survey. FWIW, I picked "chocolate chocolate chip" on the urinal cakes flavor multiple choice question. Also...if you read my rant to the end, you would have noticed it had a happy ending. 

https://www.driveresearch.com/market-research-company-blog/survey-shows-what-bills-fans-want-for-new-stadium-in-buffalo/

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Daily/Issues/2022/07/06/Facilities/Bills-stadium-survey-fan-experience.aspx

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/buffalo/news/2022/05/07/bills-release-new-survey-asking-for-input-from-season-ticket-holders

Edited by RkFast

28 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’ve been saying this for 2 years now. Priototu will go to suite members first. Then club seat members. Then the rest of general admission. Based on seniority in those sections. 

yes, most of those multiple tiers will end up being multiple club and suite levels of multiple options. I’m site there will be some general admission seats among them but I’d be willing to bet that most of those tears between the 20s will be all clubs. We’ll see soon enough I guess. Calls to go to the stadium experience should be starting pretty soon now. 

I'll be unhappy if the decent seats between the 30's all go to club seats or people with less seniority. 

I want to believe the Pegulas are tapped into the local market and fans, knowing how the fanbase is.  But I also don't trust the influence of the NFL owners to make this stadium as much of a money grab as possible.  

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I'll be unhappy if the decent seats between the 30's all go to club seats or people with less seniority. 

I want to believe the Pegulas are tapped into the local market and fans, knowing how the fanbase is.  But I also don't trust the influence of the NFL owners to make this stadium as much of a money grab as possible.  

Prepare to be unhappy. Unless you are going to pay for club seats or the extremely high PSLs and ticket prices for the 100 levels between the same yard markers 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Dr Krentist said:

Interesting note today that I haven't heard before.  Sal C was on the show and talked about the parking lots that they are going to accommodate more parking spaces as well as the spaces being large enough set up a pop up tent (i'm assuming one of those 10'x10' tents that you get at walmart).  Thought that was a really cool idea to help make the lanes less congested while trying to drive to your spot.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Interesting note today that I haven't heard before.  Sal C was on the show and talked about the parking lots that they are going to accommodate more parking spaces as well as the spaces being large enough set up a pop up tent (i'm assuming one of those 10'x10' tents that you get at walmart).  Thought that was a really cool idea to help make the lanes less congested while trying to drive to your spot.

I’d imagine they will have considerably more parking after the old stadium is torn down for many different things. Still doesn’t help with the Disney style parking they make you go through.  People want to park and be next to their friends and family. Creating one giant party area. Add to the fact that you can’t park in nfl lots more than 5 hours prior to kickoff. It’s an nfl policy. The reason we have such crazy tailgates is the multiple lots not team owned that bypass this. 

well, I say that but at the same time the Bills are and have been buying up as many of the small lots as possible. Will they get rid of all of them? Absolutely not. But all the major big ones near by will likely end up being Bills owned in the very near future. Not to mention the trash that tailgates now won’t generally be at the games, as ticket prices will be too crazy and the wine and cheese crowd takes over. 

Just got off the phone with my new stadium rep.

62,000 seats PLUS a standing room only section under the video board which, if memory serves be right, can hold up to an ADDITIONAL 5000 people.  We aren't losing nearly the number if seats people claim.

I'm currently in 226 and, yes, I have to get something comparable in the new stadium. FWIW all of the 300, 200 are impacted by the canopy, as well as some of the 100s.  Sounds like the pictures don't do that thing justice.

Just to give everyone an idea of a timeline, my date, as a club level ticket holder, will probably be in 4 or 5 months, so this will take some time, but I have a feeling it will be well worth it.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, haroldwaide said:

62,000 seats PLUS a standing room only section under the video board which, if memory serves be right, can hold up to an ADDITIONAL 5000 people.  We aren't losing nearly the number if seats people claim.

I'm currently in 226 and, yes, I have to get something comparable in the new stadium. FWIW all of the 300, 200 are impacted by the canopy, as well as some of the 100s.  Sounds like the pictures don't do that thing justice.

Just to give everyone an idea of a timeline, my date, as a club level ticket holder, will probably be in 4 or 5 months, so this will take some time, but I have a feeling it will be well worth it.

Did they say what “comparable” meant? Do you have to choose club level seats. Covered seats. Price range? Etc. And what is your club seniority for reference. 

thanks 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, haroldwaide said:

Just for clarity, are you current seats considered to be "club seats?"  I'm trying see if all the seats in the new middle sections that overhang each other are going to be considered club seats, or if regular seat season ticket holders have a shot at them.

• Like (+1) 1