Poona Ford signing with the Bills

mathja

1 hour ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

I asked a question, you had an arrogant response. I treated you like the simpleton you probably are, now go have a great day. 

Yes, stating the obvious is arrogance.. wait until you find out the team that scores more points wins the game. Gonna blow your mind. 

“5 feet 11 and 310 pounds, he is one of the most uniquely shaped defensive tackles but with the wingspan of a 6-foot-8 human being. The shorter base and long arms help him keep defenders off his pads while holding his ground. Ford seems like a terrific fit for the one-technique position in the Bills’ defensive scheme, which is also Jones’ natural spot. Ford will likely be a core rotational defensive tackle” - Joe B The Athletic

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

LOL

That's standard operating procedure for the Trade Hims! around here.

TBD Talent Evaluator: "Playername Sucks!  He's a bust! No way should we sign him to  a big contract!"

Also TBD Talent Evaluator: "Trade Playername!  We should be able to make a player for player trade for a good talent or a 2nd round pick!"

The obvious logical fallacy that if said player isn't a starter or worth his current salary on the Bills, other teams are probably not willing to give up a starting player or a premium pick for him in order to take over that salary on a 1 year rental, never seems to occur

Edmunds got 18 mil per and he still sucks.

Sometimes players are overvalued by other teams.

Tyrod is another example and we got a 2nd for him (or was it the 1st pick in the 3rd? Can’t remember)

we also got a 5th for mike gillislee and that turned into Matt Milano. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 years worth of starting experience, played 50% - 60% snaps for the Seahawks.

Beane has done a great job with what little money he had to work with to cram in as many quality FAs as he can. 

I don’t know if Clark, Ngakoue, Ingram or Houston would play for that low-end money, but that would round out the defense. 

Even if they don’t, Beane has reeled in  several nice players from other teams. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

“5 feet 11 and 310 pounds, he is one of the most uniquely shaped defensive tackles but with the wingspan of a 6-foot-8 human being. The shorter base and long arms help him keep defenders off his pads while holding his ground. Ford seems like a terrific fit for the one-technique position in the Bills’ defensive scheme, which is also Jones’ natural spot. Ford will likely be a core rotational defensive tackle” - Joe B The Athletic

I call Jordan Phillips the minotaur.  Poona is going to be the gorilla

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I think it's time for certain Bills fans to let the "trade Ed Oliver!" fever dream die once and for all.

He doesn't have much value. If you think he's so unimpressive that he's not worth re-signing to a second contract, then why would other teams be willing to give up major assets for him? 

If you just want his money off the books and you're willing to take a conditional 2024 5th, then sure, trade him away. Because that's the most you'd likely be getting in return.

If his rate of pay this year doesn't bother you, though, then you may as well ride out his final year and let him either have a great season and force your hand in re-signing him, or let him walk and receive a compensatory pick higher than the one you could likely trade him for.

Ed’s playing for his next contract… my read is it’s going to be his best year by far

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

he can itch his ankle without bending 😂 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Surely the end for Tim Settle? Poona and Daquan as the 1T, Ed and Big Phil at 3T. 

But still 0 DTs signed beyond 2023.

I'm not sure if you're referring to Settle's playing time or cutting him when you say the end for him? His dead cap hit is almost a million more than his cap hit this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Surely the end for Tim Settle? Poona and Daquan as the 1T, Ed and Big Phil at 3T. 

But still 0 DTs signed beyond 2023.

I don't think that about Settle.  I could see us carrying 5 Dts, especially with how snake bit they were with injuries at Dt LY.

Beyond 2023, my money is on an Ed extension sometime before training camp.  Daquon is likely a year-to-year type at this point of his career, similar to Phillips.  Then certainly FA/draft, not worried about 2024 at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

There have been a few games here or there where he was disruptive and impactful. Bet we see a bunch more than 2 games like that this year. Let’s see. 

If we could get several games this year close to the way he played in the Lions game our d-line would be very disruptive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

he can itch his ankle without bending 😂 

Maybe, because he's under 6' but he actually has Nick Broeker length arms.......sub 33"......pretty normal length arms for an interior DL.

The wingspan comes from his shoulder width.   

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.