Rd 7, Pick 230: G Nick Broeker, Mississippi

SDS

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I’ll take things that can be easily predicted for $500 Alex.

Did liking the first two rounds shock anybody? Should we do welfare checks on those with heart conditions? 

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Wizard said:

Beane seems to have a fetish for positions. One year it was defensive ends. We are in the too light to play linebacker fetish, and we have started the “get 15 OG’s and hope 4 are above average.”

I hope next year he picks 3 DT’s that are 330lbs+

That's how ya get holes in the roster. We're flush at guard but next year we won't have a single DT.

• Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

That's how ya get holes in the roster. We're flush at guard but next year we won't have a single DT.

They are not getting executed.  Let's see how Jones and Settle play this season.  Another in next years draft and an UFA and it's full.

Next year is next year and I'm quite sure Beane can read a roster.

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

A lot of guards on the team now. It makes me wonder if Morse could be a surprise cut or trade to free up some cap space? Bates could slide in at center without too much drop off. Just a thought.

I don’t think Morse is going anywhere in 2023… they love him …maybe Bates gets traded instead?.

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

They are not getting executed.  Let's see how Jones and Settle play this season.  Another in next years draft and an UFA and it's full.

Next year is next year and I'm quite sure Beane can read a roster.

Fair enough. Just seems an odd trend Beane keeps drafting 2 players at the same position he sees an immediate hole (DE, TE, CB, G). Would seem more efficient to spread it out. But like you said, we'll see what he does next year.

Edited by Donuts and Doritos

2 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Fair enough. Just seems an odd trend Beane keeps drafting 2 players at the same position he sees an immediate hole (DE, CB, G). Would seem more efficient to spread it out. But like you said, we'll see what he does next year.

I'm expecting this might happen in a certain position every year.  Core is getting set and competitive teams with QBs signed have to

go through it.  Beane needs to hit on his DL picks next time around for sure.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.