Can you recall a time you didn’t watch a Bills game and got the result after the game?

Another Fan

4 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

Falcons game jan 2022...was in jail  lol

Jails and prisons should put 17 years of drought and misery on a loop for particularly heinous offenders! 

I was young and my parents had taken us to visit friends a good drive away. I fell asleep on then way home. I think we were playing the Raiders. When I woke up my dad told me we almost had the same score. Huh? We lost 31-13. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I was in the hospital in the post surgery area with multiple beds partitioned off by walls & curtains that everyone could hear everything the day of the Indy snow game in December 2017.  The game wasn't on local TV in Albany & WGR blacked out the game on androids.  After the game was over I put the postgame show from WGR on, on my cellphone. A nurse yelled at me to turn the sound down because it was too loud.  

I was on  New Years Eve cruise the night the Bills beat the Dolphins and the Bengals pulled off a miracle against the Ravens.  After dinner, I sat in our state room for about 30 minutes watching scores on ESPN to find out the drought was finally over.  

Yes I can, last year when we were sailing south down the Exuma islands in the Bahamas, we had no available internet service for most of the day and had to wait till we were in George Town to get service, and game results.  Happens a bit when out sailing in 2nd world areas. No biggy though, the sailing was really good. 😁👍

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

1st Super Bowl.  I was in Saudi Arabia, near the border with Iraq, waiting for a war to begin.  My guys and I had no access to any kind of tv, nor normal radio programming if you don't count Baghdad Betty.  But one of my soldiers did have a shortwave radio and sometimes was able to pick up the BBC World Service. 

I asked him to tell me if he learned the Super Bowl score.  He woke me up in the middle of the night, "Sir!  Wake Up!  The Bills won!"

I jumped out of my sleeping bag, ecstatic.  "You sure?  I pressed him.  And then he explained he heard something about a last-second field goal but his reception was full of static so he wasn't entirely sure.  But he thought the announcer said the Bills had won.  I frantically scanned the radio waves for the next two hours before being crushed by the awful truth.  

I mean, we can stop the thread right here, guys.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The 2011 Home Win vs the Pats. I was coaching for my son's pop-warner football team and tried to block out all of the Bills related commentary in the stands so I could watch the game on my dvr later that day. Everything was going fine until the PA announcer at the school said "the score was tied with less than a minute left in the Bills Patriots game" 😀 I still watched it of course!

last year Vikings game. I was at Lambeau for the Pack/Dallas game even though i didn't want to go. my buddy begged me to take a ticket from him. 

Couldn't get my phone to work in the stadium but some guys in my section did. in the span of 10 minutes went from winning to losing to winning to losing via people around me getting bits of the end of the game.

never watched the replay because i knew it would be too disappointing. 

While I was able to check on the scoring from time to time, I was working during the MCM loss.  I worked in fast food at the time so it was hard to get off in the middle of a Saturday when FF is at its busiest, plus I was a high school senior at the time and needed to make as much money as I could for college (though if I had known at the time that it would be Buffalo's last playoff game for 17 years, it's possible I may have found a way to take off).  I actually snuck back to our little tv in the break room, saw Christie make the FG, and, for the last few hours of my shift, I thought the Bills won.  It wasn't until I got done my shift and got home later that evening that I found out how it actually ended.

It was actually this past season when we played the Lions on Thanksgiving Day. I don't ever remember missing a Thanksgiving game in my whole life, but this Thanksgiving, I happened to be in New Zealand. So, we were busy sightseeing, and with the time difference, I missed the game, and figured out later that we had won. I came across a handful of people in New Zealand who saw my Bills hat, and yelled "Go Bills" ..... and even met a guy from Buffalo on the trip as well, so that was cool. However, I went from being elated when I found out we had won by 3 to feeling totally deflated when I found out that Miller got hurt as well. 

Edited by Let's Go Buffalo

I've got a not Bills story,  I was the OPS on a patrol boat in the Northern Arabian Gulf in 2004. We were patrolling on super bowl Sunday and I had arranged for a VHS of the game to be waiting for us when we moored in Kuwait the next morning. We made sure we didn't hear any news so we could enjoy it but I had the midnight Officer of the Deck watch before we pulled in and over the Navy secure voice channel someone blurted out the score.  So I, of the entire crew (only 20 of us), knew the result.  Screw Vinatieri.  Oh,  they also said to be sure to watch the half time show, lol.

Worked in the state prison system for 32 years, so I missed a lot of everything over the years.  (Retired in 2020)  I watched the Bills first Superbowl and missed the other three.  (Didn't miss much from what I heard)

I raced and was on a pit crew for a lot of off-road events in September and October, missing even more games.  However;  I was in attendance at the greatest comeback game of all time and I, along with the others, who stuck around for the second half yelled like absolute heathens.  I couldn't talk for a week.

I ended up with laryngitis that turned into bronchitis.  That following Friday I was hanging out with my best friend who was a giants fan and she got sick from being around me.  She was not happy.

So busy now days, I listen to the games on the radio more than I get to watch them on TV.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

Falcons game jan 2022...was in jail  lol

My version of this was like '08 Cleveland snow game to make the playoffs i believe? We lost 6-3, or 9-6? Was in Alden 19yrs old. I was mad at the time, but looking back it was for my own good. How can you even measure the damage that 24grams of MJ wouldve done to me and my community! Jus like always Bills lose, and the fed saves the day 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

Kind of: I stayed out all night one Saturday while staying with my parents in my early 20s. I awoke to hear “Fletcher with the tackle” and jumped up thinking I was missing the beginning of Bills-Lions only to find out there were less than 5 minutes left in the game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.