Robert F. Kennedy Jr. for president in 2024?

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

He is NOT a great candidate,

But the powers that be can't risk anyone against Slow Joe Biden.

YouTube scrubbing RFK video from their site; Instagram bans before he posts anything

3ed33ced-c5cb-40ba-8547-65e13ca7272c-860

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/06/07/youtube-scrubbing-rfk-video-from-their-site-instagram-bans-before-he-posts-anything-n555986

its amazing how hard they are working to attack him.  Cant tell you how many people tell me he is a hard righty. 

6 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Cant tell you how many people tell me he is a hard righty. 

I've said it before - the horseshoe theory of politics. The far right and the far left share one big thing: conspiratorial thinking. And the "U" sides of the horseshoe are getting closer and closer. The overarching theme: secretive powers are ruling the world, they're hiding information from you (or engaging in mass disinformation campaigns) to advance their elitist agenda. Now we are even getting the return of the UFO conspiracies of the 1970s, and yes, all of this is coming from the fringes of both sides. 

Here's a nice summary putting it in historical context from an Englishman's perspective:

https://www.ft.com/content/2c0d5ce2-c8bc-42a5-829b-f6a15162bb21

America, as Richard Hofstadter wrote a few years before RFK’s death, suffers from periodic waves of paranoia. The historian did not explain why the US was prone to these passing manias — from the anti-Masonic conspiracy theories of the 1820s to the red scare of the 1950s. Part of it must be that the US is a nation forged by creed, which creates debate about the meaning of the founding contract and people’s loyalty to it. In a country that tells itself it is evolving to a more perfect union, when things go wrong it must be because of hijack. Subterfuge is a much more glamorous culprit than “***** happens”.

RFK Jr’s worldview is found across the spectrum. You hear it from counterculture liberals in Portland, Oregon, as much as from biker gatherings on Veterans Day. The essence is that science is rigged against ordinary Americans: big pharmaceutical companies, in league with the CIA, created the Covid-19 pandemic to boost their profits and suppress people’s freedoms; the virus was a bioweapon created by a US-funded lab; the vaccines killed more people than they saved; America’s gun violence has been driven by prescription drugs, starting with Prozac.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

I've said it before - the horseshoe theory of politics. The far right and the far left share one big thing: conspiratorial thinking. And the "U" sides of the horseshoe are getting closer and closer. The overarching theme: secretive powers are ruling the world, they're hiding information from you (or engaging in mass disinformation campaigns) to advance their elitist agenda. Now we are even getting the return of the UFO conspiracies of the 1970s, and yes, all of this is coming from the fringes of both sides. 

Here's a nice summary putting it in historical context from an Englishman's perspective:

https://www.ft.com/content/2c0d5ce2-c8bc-42a5-829b-f6a15162bb21

America, as Richard Hofstadter wrote a few years before RFK’s death, suffers from periodic waves of paranoia. The historian did not explain why the US was prone to these passing manias — from the anti-Masonic conspiracy theories of the 1820s to the red scare of the 1950s. Part of it must be that the US is a nation forged by creed, which creates debate about the meaning of the founding contract and people’s loyalty to it. In a country that tells itself it is evolving to a more perfect union, when things go wrong it must be because of hijack. Subterfuge is a much more glamorous culprit than “***** happens”.

RFK Jr’s worldview is found across the spectrum. You hear it from counterculture liberals in Portland, Oregon, as much as from biker gatherings on Veterans Day. The essence is that science is rigged against ordinary Americans: big pharmaceutical companies, in league with the CIA, created the Covid-19 pandemic to boost their profits and suppress people’s freedoms; the virus was a bioweapon created by a US-funded lab; the vaccines killed more people than they saved; America’s gun violence has been driven by prescription drugs, starting with Prozac.

Thats a solid point. Would also add the extreme left, like the extreme right are both right as far as supporting an authoritarian state at the moment.

but its also due to mockingbird media reporting lies to the point the people following said media, just parrot it as fact now.

Just as the left leaning social media companies are trying to censor him right now.

3 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Thats a solid point. Would also add the extreme left, like the extreme right are both right as far as supporting an authoritarian state at the moment.

but its also due to mockingbird media reporting lies to the point the people following said media, just parrot it as fact now.

Just as the left leaning social media companies are trying to censor him right now.

The problem is all credible political figures expressing and supporting viable solutions and polices that represent the interests of the majority at the center are consistently attacked, discredited, and marginalized by the uni-party establishment.  Which leaves citizens and voters such as myself, and what I suspect most others here, to make a lose/lose "lesser of two evils" choice which leaves my actual interests unrepresented.  My inclination for reluctantly preferring Trump vs. Biden was based on my conclusion his Presidency would do less damage than a Biden administration.  Based on the record to date I believe that to be correct but that belief provides little comfort because everything is such a mess.     

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The problem is all credible political figures expressing and supporting viable solutions and polices that represent the interests of the majority at the center are consistently attacked, discredited, and marginalized by the uni-party establishment.  Which leaves citizens and voters such as myself, and what I suspect most others here, to make a lose/lose "lesser of two evils" choice which leaves my actual interests unrepresented.  My inclination for reluctantly preferring Trump vs. Biden was based on my conclusion his Presidency would do less damage than a Biden administration.  Based on the record to date I believe that to be correct but that belief provides little comfort because everything is such a mess.     

Everyone who makes the “lesser of two evils” vote is part of the problem though. And yes, I do realize I’m calling the majority of the country part of the problem. 

1 hour ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Everyone who makes the “lesser of two evils” vote is part of the problem though. And yes, I do realize I’m calling the majority of the country part of the problem. 

I'd be curious to hear what solutions anyone has to the problem. 

My expectation is some grassroots movement of centrist thinking people running for office at local and state levels, and later through a national party organization run candidates for Federal offices.  All while keeping to the mission and not succumbing to the temptations of the lobbyists and the existing parties.  But the timeline for that might be 10 to 15 years and the road to that goal is paved with lots of potholes and traps that would be set along the way by the forces preferring the two party system.  Another path might be centrist Democrats and Republicans agreeing to forma third party by breaking away from their current affiliations but this seems less likely to me. 

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Fantastic town hall by a man who is reminding us all what a true liberal Democrat is supposed to be- rational, logical, scientific, and always in favor of free and open debate, rather than censorship…👍

Do you ever think that the guy espousing right wing talking points, supported by right wing activists, propped up by right wing money, might not be appealing to voters on the left?

I mean, this guy is a Republican in everything but name. 

23 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Do you ever think that the guy espousing right wing talking points, supported by right wing activists, propped up by right wing money, might not be appealing to voters on the left?

I mean, this guy is a Republican in everything but name. 

I disagree…He is a traditional liberal…And his views line up pretty closely to JFK, and the way old school Dems used to think, when they were for liberty…

The modern Democrat and Republican parties have been hijacked by the Military Industrial Complex (combined with Marxist undertones) over the past several generations…This is why modern Dems get confused when they hear a liberal speak like this…

It’s because people have been conditioned to embrace corporate imperialism and wokeness as the Democrat way- and it’s just not true…

We have to detach ourselves from the paradigm of D vs. R, and really listen to the substance of what a person is saying…👍

Being a Democrat never meant you had to disagree with Republicans on EVERYTHING- that is just a modern phenomenon…It could mean you have slightly different views on some things and similar views on others…

Only modern politics desires that you are all or nothing- that you hate your opponent…But that’s because modern politics has become a RELIGION, demanding 100% obedience…And I don’t subscribe to that! 👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I disagree…He is a traditional liberal…And his views line up pretty closely to JFK, and the way old school Dems used to think, when they were for liberty…

The modern Democrat and Republican parties have been hijacked by the Military Industrial Complex (combined with Marxist undertones) over the past several generations…This is why modern Dems get confused when they hear a liberal speak like this…

It’s because people have been conditioned to embrace corporate imperialism and wokeness as the Democrat way- and it’s just not true…

We have to detach ourselves from the paradigm of D vs. R, and really listen to the substance of what a person is saying…👍

Being a Democrat never meant you had to disagree with Republicans on EVERYTHING- that is just a modern phenomenon…It could mean you have slightly different views on some things and similar views on others…

Only modern politics desires that you are all or nothing- that you hate your opponent…But that’s because modern politics has become a RELIGION, demanding 100% obedience…And I don’t subscribe to that! 👍

He’s not a traditional anything. He’s an anti-vaxx nutjob. His popularity with the Dems right now is solely because of his name. Once the voters get to know him, they’ll reject him. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

He’s not a traditional anything. He’s an anti-vaxx nutjob. His popularity with the Dems right now is solely because of his name. Once the voters get to know him, they’ll reject him. 

You don’t have to agree with everything he says, but he is nowhere near a nut job…In fact, most of his stances in those issues come from other top scientists, in the field, who have signed on with what he says…

Using the term “nut job” is extremely hyperbolic…And typically people who attack like that do so because of ideological differences rather than a rational judgement of the points put forward imo…

As far as him being only popular because of his name, I argue that you are only partially correct…Recent polls have suggested that most Dems don’t Biden to run for reelection, and would rather have someone else represent the ticket…Furthermore, many liberal Dem voters are not happy with the woke policy direction of the current administration…Finally, Joe Biden is just not a likable guy with all his unpredictable angry outbursts…

On the other hand, RFK comes across as a likable guy, and not an angry politician trying to blow smoke up your rear end…He seems refreshingly non ideological, and genuinely interested in finding logical solutions to issues that shouldn’t even be problems in the first place…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

5 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

You don’t have to agree with everything he says, but he is nowhere near a nut job…In fact, most of his stances in those issues come from other top scientists, in the field, who have signed on with what he says…

Using the term “nut job” is extremely hyperbolic…And typically people who attack like that do so because of ideological differences rather than a rational judgement of the points put forward imo…

As far as him being only popular because of his name, I argue that you are only partially correct…Recent polls have suggested that most Dems don’t Biden to run for reelection, and would rather have someone else represent the ticket…Furthermore, many liberal Dem voters are not happy with the woke policy direction of the current administration…Finally, Joe Biden is just not a likable guy with all his unpredictable angry outbursts…

On the other hand, RFK comes across as a likable guy, and not an angry politician trying to blow smoke up your rear end…He seems refreshingly non ideological, and genuinely interested in finding logical solutions to issues that shouldn’t even be problems in the first place…

I don’t know about all that, Ja, I always thought of him as a bit of a nut job. Taking one part of his platform, though, and comparing it to a candidate’s position during the most recent election:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/harrris-vaccine-i-would-not-trust-donald-trump-n1239422

Biden and Harris, in an effort to appeal to voters, spread concerns about boogeymen and vaccine’s being developed under the Trump administration.  It was big business in 2020, leveraging the fear of COVID, targeting people with pre-existing hesitancy and those concerned about the vaccine being developed. 

When you look back at the entire COVID story—the massive gatherings in direct contrast to the stated rules with no push back, the Faucci flip flop, myocarditis issue with young people, the general clusterf$ckery of politicians acting hypocritically in what they demanded v how they acted, and the insanity of a VP and Presidential candidate recommend people be distrustful because the vaxx to save the world was being developed under an R admin, RFK likely gets more traction than he would have historically.  

They’ll still position him as a lunatic, but it could get interesting. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I don’t know about all that, Ja, I always thought of him as a bit of a nut job. Taking one part of his platform, though, and comparing it to a candidate’s position during the most recent election:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/harrris-vaccine-i-would-not-trust-donald-trump-n1239422

Biden and Harris, in an effort to appeal to voters, spread concerns about boogeymen and vaccine’s being developed under the Trump administration.  It was big business in 2020, leveraging the fear of COVID, targeting people with pre-existing hesitancy and those concerned about the vaccine being developed. 

When you look back at the entire COVID story—the massive gatherings in direct contrast to the stated rules with no push back, the Faucci flip flop, myocarditis issue with young people, the general clusterf$ckery of politicians acting hypocritically in what they demanded v how they acted, and the insanity of a VP and Presidential candidate recommend people be distrustful because the vaxx to save the world was being developed under an R admin, RFK likely gets more traction than he would have historically.  

They’ll still position him as a lunatic, but it could get interesting. 

Whether he's a nutjob or not I think RFK asks questions and reaches conclusions that are a big headache for people running things.  The fear is the public listens to his positions, finds them reasoned and logical, gets firsthand exposure to him, assign some credibility to his arguments, and start asking these officials the same questions and more.  Questions they don't want to answer.  Such as you mention about COVID.  And other things of interest.  Their strategy to address the problem RFK presents is to pretend he doesn't exist while employing the usual smear and censorship tactics to anyone that defies their control. 

What the establishment prefers is the public be reliant on an army of credentialed experts they employ for guidance.  Saying listen to us and follow our instructions.  My problem is I'm a skeptic and I'm always suspicious of authority telling me they've got my interests at heart without being willing to provide some information about their motivations, advice, and directions.  I think others that share my skepticism here on the PPP and elsewhere are curious about his ideas while others don't mind being led around by their noses by the official voices.  That said, being willing to listen to his ideas doesn't mean I'm throwing my support his way.

5 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Whether he's a nutjob or not I think RFK asks questions and reaches conclusions that are a big headache for people running things.  The fear is the public listens to his positions, finds them reasoned and logical, gets firsthand exposure to him, assign some credibility to his arguments, and start asking these officials the same questions and more.  Questions they don't want to answer.  Such as you mention about COVID.  And other things of interest.  Their strategy to address the problem RFK presents is to pretend he doesn't exist while employing the usual smear and censorship tactics to anyone that defies their control. 

What the establishment prefers is the public be reliant on an army of credentialed experts they employ for guidance.  Saying listen to us and follow our instructions.  My problem is I'm a skeptic and I'm always suspicious of authority telling me they've got my interests at heart without being willing to provide some information about their motivations, advice, and directions.  I think others that share my skepticism here on the PPP and elsewhere are curious about his ideas while others don't mind being led around by their noses by the official voices.  That said, being willing to listen to his ideas doesn't mean I'm throwing my support his way.

I’m reminded of a poster here, in an effort to mock another poster who was concerned about getting the vaccine, posted a lemming meme. That about sums up the state of our country today, where a person running with the masses is completely oblivious to the way things are playing out. 

I also recall a respected poster sort of losing his **** over vaccine hesitancy and debate about safety of the/a vaxx.  His background is in medicine, he see a like generally decent guy, but suddenly he was talking about taking away children and placing people concerned about the vaxx on an island.  

There is a fine line between healthy skepticism and gut instinct, and going off the deep end.  I agree generally that establishment types like status quo, and prefer the citizens to shut up and keep moving. 

22 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Do you think who he is running against has anything to do with it?

20 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Do you think who he is running against has anything to do with it?

Sure. And the best possible case for RFK Jr is that he wins the Iowa and New Hampshire primaries solely because they won’t follow DNC rules and therefore Biden won’t run in them. 

Then, once the real votes start coming in, it’ll all be over for the tool of the right wing. 

I’d love to fix our election system so that we aren’t stuck in a rut of two parties, but that would require allowing the voters to have their voice to be heard. This is a no-no for the GOP, so we’re stuck with what we’ve got. 

• Eyeroll 1

22 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Anti vax looney, thinks Fauci and Bill Gates are out to destroy the world.  He thinks the Cia might kill him if elected because they already killed other family members....

Wtf are you thinking?  Advocated ivermectin and hdc for covid...do you only like conspiracy peddling loons?  

Side note,  were this guy a normal centrist I'd love it.  Might be able to get out of this cycle where you need to wear a diaper to become president.   He'd probably win were he not a complete whackjob too.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

DEM loyalists have some salty tears over the fact that RFK is polling between 15-20% across the board and would pull the actual lefties from the party.

A vote for Biden in 2024 is really a vote for Harris. What are the odds Joke is alive in 4 years. As bad as Biden is, Harris would be worse. She is as useful as a screen door on a submarine. President Ron DeSantis in 2024 please.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

DEM loyalists have some salty tears over the fact that RFK is polling between 15-20% across the board and would pull the actual lefties from the party.

Yup.  Calling him a nutjob, considering the current state of the Dem party, is funny.

• Like (+1) 1

Now the Twitter doctors are all showing pictures of him when he was young, next to current photos to argue he is on steroids.

Kinda ironic as the left promotes testosterone to anyone that wants it.

and at his age, its not uncommon for men to have low T and have testosterone prescribed.

But the twitter mob and the self identified doctors.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Now the Twitter doctors are all showing pictures of him when he was young, next to current photos to argue he is on steroids.

and at his age, its not uncommon for men to have low T and have testosterone prescribed.

Even if he is, so what?  It's not like he's participating in competitive sports.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chris farley said:

Who cares?  I wouldn't care if he was on real juice.  

I've seen RFK all over now on Rogan, Bill Maher, Jordan Peterson, etc...I actually like a lot of what he says.

I lean moderately liberal in my own philosophy but I hate both parties. This guy is as close to the center as a candidate that's out there though that I've seen. He's not trying to fit himself into the box of a corporate Democrat or Republican. I don't know if anyone can be trusted that has a decent shot at winning the Presidency...probably not...but maybe a guy like this could ease some of the tensions between the Left and Right and maybe we could actually get some things done. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I've seen RFK all over now on Rogan, Bill Maher, Jordan Peterson, etc...I actually like a lot of what he says.

I lean moderately liberal in my own philosophy but I hate both parties. This guy is as close to the center as a candidate that's out there though that I've seen. He's not trying to fit himself into the box of a corporate Democrat or Republican. I don't know if anyone can be trusted that has a decent shot at winning the Presidency...probably not...but maybe a guy like this could ease some of the tensions between the Left and Right and maybe we could actually get some things done. 

I agree.  His views are intentionally mis-represented.  Because he asks questions that a lot of powerful interests don't want answered.

One thing he briefly discussed with Maher was Autism.  He didn't say Autism is caused by vaccines.  He said we don't know but that doesn't mean we should dismiss the possibility.  He cited studies he said were flawed.  And said he's provided clear evidence of this for each and every one. 

He said when he was growing up the rate was 1 child in 10,000 and today its around 1 child in 34.  Why the surge in this condition?  Which stats show started around 1989.  What happened or changed in 1989? 

There's nothing unreasonable or fringe or conspiratorial about that question.  He also said nobody making a lot of money off all kinds of things like drug sales wants to know.  And more importantly, doesn't want us to know.  

None of this sounds crazy to me. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Gregg said:

What are the odds Joke is alive in 4 years.

Insurance company actuaries do this kind of thing for a living.

Life expectancy of a male born on November 20, 1942: 8.5 years.

Chance that he will live until at least January 2029 (the end of the next presidential term): about 58 percent.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I’m the same way…I like what I’m hearing from RFK…he doesn’t seem like a fanatical ideologue…👍

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Doc said:

Even if he is, so what?  It's not like he's participating in competitive sports.  

Their just looking for anything to attack him on…and remember, working out is white supremacy…😉

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Chance that he will live until at least January 2029 (the end of the next presidential term): about 58 percent.

It's not his body living that we're worried about...

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

That’s the big picture number, but when contemplating the likelihood of an individual living over a certain period of time, individual characteristics tell a much more detailed tale. 

On the one hand, Biden seems to take his health and appearance very seriously. He’s trim and seems to stay active at least for photo ops.  He’s benefited from good plastic surgery and hair work.  On the flip side, he’s got that stuttering issue that causes him to make up words, lose track of his thoughts, wander a stage aimlessly, trip over sandbags real and imagined and result in unusual and awkward movements inconsistent with the situation he is in. 

Time will tell. 

24 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

On the flip side, he’s got that stuttering issue that causes him to make up words, lose track of his thoughts, wander a stage aimlessly, trip over sandbags real and imagined and result in unusual and awkward movements inconsistent with the situation he is in. 

Time will tell. 

Stuttering  doesn't cause one to make up words, lose track of his thoughts, wander a stage aimlessly, trip over sandbags real and imagined and result in unusual and awkward movements

59 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Stuttering  doesn't cause one to make up words, lose track of his thoughts, wander a stage aimlessly, trip over sandbags real and imagined and result in unusual and awkward movements

Tell that to Dems...

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

That’s the big picture number, but when contemplating the likelihood of an individual living over a certain period of time, individual characteristics tell a much more detailed tale. 

On the one hand, Biden seems to take his health and appearance very seriously. He’s trim and seems to stay active at least for photo ops.  He’s benefited from good plastic surgery and hair work.  On the flip side, he’s got that stuttering issue that causes him to make up words, lose track of his thoughts, wander a stage aimlessly, trip over sandbags real and imagined and result in unusual and awkward movements inconsistent with the situation he is in. 

Time will tell. 

That's all correct. And you've basically confirmed my take: we don't know anything specific (for example, recent cancer, heart disease, obesity, etc.) that would lead us to believe that he's less likely to survive to 86 than most men his age. So there's your 58% chance. Which means a 42% chance that Kamala Harris becomes President if Biden is reelected. (Maybe that should be your campaign messaging, Republicans? But it's a messaging that gets easier to pull off if your candidate is in his/her 40s, 50s, or even 60s as opposed to his late 70s ...)

Of course, he may be unusually fit, at least physically, for a man his age such that his life expectancy would be greater than the average. But again, we just don't know. So if an insurance company were selling him an annuity, they'd be betting on him living 8.5 more years, on average.