Jalen Hurts contract

aristocrat

These QB contracts create a plug and play approach with roster building.

So far, only the Chiefs have exhibited a knack for successfully doing so. 

Be interesting watching Eagles trying to replicate it. No one else has yet.

11 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Josh didn't give the Bills a "hometown discount" in the amount of money he is being paid.  Where he did cut the Bills some slack was in the length of his contract.  Josh signed a six year contract that began at the end of his rookie contract locking him up until 2028.   With Hurts new contract, he is also locked up through 2028.  

Josh entered the League two years before Hurts did and both of their second contracts end in 2028.  The Bills got to lock up their guy at a lower rate for an additional two years compared to the Eagles, and with the inflation of the QB market, those extra years are big.  The Chiefs robbed the bank getting Mahomes to sign for ten years.

In today's NFL, I think the length of the contract is more important than the amount of the contract.  Every additional year is incredibly valuable to a franchise.

you don't think his contract will be adjusted before 2028?

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Lamar has been nothing but greedy anyway. He has to realize the Browns being idiots dooesn't apply to him and he is not gonna get a fully guaranteed deal

This becomes even more evident if the Browns continue to suck.   That might go down as the dumbest contract in history

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Glad to see Hurts get his before Burrow and Herbert.  Burrow and Herbert will end up getting more than Hurts, and the more the Bengals and Chargers pay their QBs, the better it is for the Bills.

Don't forget Trevor Lawrence.

• Agree 2

Just now, Big Turk said:

And lost. Nobody cares about the losing team in the SB. Ask me how I know.

Actually. The Bills 90s teams are the only losers that are constantly talked about, have shows about,  and documentaries about them still made to this day. 

So there's that.....

• Agree 3

18 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Don't forget Trevor Lawrence.

I guess we can throw Lamar in that pot too if he ever gets real about getting a contract done in Baltimore.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Josh Allen’s officially looks like the Bills shopped at Walmart 

I'm thinking Costco and their Kirkland brand.  Great quality and quantity at a reasonable price.

Edited by 1ManRaid
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Ludicrous... Allen's contract is looking better and better every time a new one gets signed.

Hurts on his best day is a 70% version of Allen that can't truck DLs or LBs or jump over them.

IMO Allen will still be a very good QB when his legs are not a huge tool for him anymore where hurts will quickly decline.. one bad leg injury and IMO his career is over for Hurts. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.