Poll Closed (Former thread of TSW Draft 1.0)

Virgil

What should the Bills do with the #27 pick in the 2023 draft?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Bills do with the #27 pick in the 2023 draft?

• Jordan Addison, WR, USC
    • Jack Campbell, LB, Iowa
    • Trade Back (will need an offer from another team by 8p est 4/8/23 for this to happen)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/08/2023 at 10:06 PM

20 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Sarcasm can be funny, or as it is here, straight up rude.  He is more than a viable option in the real, non-fantasy world.  But it is your poll so your rules.  I won’t try to co-opt it or return your mean spirited tone.  I think your mock draft thing is fun and probably a lot of work so thank you.

You honestly thing QB is a viable option with our first round pick?

Please walk me through that one

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

You honestly thing QB is a viable option with our first round pick?

Please walk me through that one

I have a thread started about it on the main board.  I walk through the logic in the OP.

22 minutes ago, Nitro said:

The talent in this draft is lacking first round grades.  Approximately 20 as far as I can discern from the "experts".  I have been a trade down guy in years like this.  Find a partner and move back to the early second round.  There will be plenty of players to fill spots on the roster. 

The trigger to the above is using Hendon Hooker as a bargaining chip.

15 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I took Campbell. I’d probably take Simpson if he is on the poll. Otherwise, I’d take Addison. 

I don't want to lose  Campbell, but if they think they can pull off moving a spot or 3 so be it. However, Washington would give us an extra RT in pass pro, a bulldozer for run blocking, a guy who could probably wall off 3 defenders and a chain moving red zone target. Bang for the buck? I would prefer Campbell 1 then Darnell 2.

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

Oh cmon man :) You start with calling something which is at best really an out-of-the-box idea (and I am not saying a bad one) an OBVIOUS solution using caps lock and then call rude someone who is joking about it? Cmon :)

I get what you are saying, but if you (or Beane) can see there are 20 first rounds grades, so do other GMs. Why would anybody wanted to trade up?

It because a sellers market and you over pay.  

Caved and went Addison.

Diggs turning 30 in November was a factor.....  as was his annoying tweets.

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Rookie receivers are usually terrible. I don't know if there is a rookie in this class that would even start for us. If he's playing it's because they spent such a high pick that they have to

Always look to the future with draft picks.  Stefon Diggs is 29 years old.

I voted for Campbell because that's what I think we would actually do in this scenario. My personal preference would be Jeudy. But that doesn't appear to be in the cards. I don't think Addison has the physical traits and ceiling that Beane looks for in the 1st round.

• Like (+1) 3

Down to our top 4.  I’m going to call it at 4p if they margin hasn’t shrunk 

Just now, HappyDays said:

I voted for Campbell because that's what I think we would actually do in this scenario. My personal preference would be Jeudy. But that doesn't appear to be in the cards. I don't think Addison has the physical traits and ceiling that Beane looks for in the 1st round.

I’m with you.  WR makes no sense if Josh doesn’t have time to throw.  With the LB grades, I’m good waiting until round 2 for one.  

OT was my choice here 

• Sad 1

With genuine respect to @4merper4mer, QB prospects are notorious for being boom/bust picks in every draft.  I just don't see why we would put that much risk into a pick at #27 regardless of the perceived talent in this draft.

I think that there's less risk with quite a few other options, at positions in far greater need.

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Down to our top 4.  I’m going to call it at 4p if they margin hasn’t shrunk 

I’m with you.  WR makes no sense if Josh doesn’t have time to throw.  With the LB grades, I’m good waiting until round 2 for one.  

OT was my choice here 

Virgil, I wanted OT, but don't think that Harrison is the guy.  Seems to lack the physicality and "power" I'd want at the position.  Of the players in your poll, I pivoted to WR because of that.

2 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Rookie receivers are usually terrible. I don't know if there is a rookie in this class that would even start for us. If he's playing it's because they spent such a high pick that they have to

I think slot receiver is a place a rookie has a chance to play or even start.  I agree that there probably isn’t an outside guy who could beat out Gabe Davis, but there is room fo a rookie there to play some behind Davis.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Have to ask why Denver wants to dump Jeudy with two years left on rookie contract.  There must be a reason.

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think slot receiver is a place a rookie has a chance to play or even start.  I agree that there probably isn’t an outside guy who could beat out Gabe Davis, but there is room fo a rookie there to play some behind Davis.

I'm just seeing a Slot guy that is no bigger,  faster or quicker than a 5th rnd pick we drafted last year that we didn't utilize fully.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

What should the Bills do with the #27 pick in the 2023 draft?

I don't think the Bills had even an interview with Campbell/Harrison in an capacity that I've read then I'm ruling both out since this regime has taken at least our 1st round pick with a top 30 visit so far. I have Trenton Simpson going to the Bills at #27.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.