TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed!!!

Virgil

With the 87th pick in the draft the Minnesota Vikings select wr Marvin Mimms from Oklahoma 

We are looking for another explosive weapon on offense on the field with Jefferson. Mimms, while a limited route tree in college, offers explosive ability and top speed. He should see the the field right away and improve as the season goes on.

With 88th pick the Jaguars and @LEBills are on the clock

• Like (+1) 3

With the 88th pick in the draft the Jacksonville Jaguars select Tre’Vius Hodges-Tomlinson, CB, TCU

Though the Jags secondary could use an influx of talent, the biggest need is a slot corner. There may be none better or smaller in the draft than LT’s nephew. An explosive player that doesn’t just cover but makes plays on the ball and plays bigger than his tiny frame.

With 89th pick the Giants and @Chaos are on the clock

@Virgil

• Like (+1) 4

With the 89th selection, the New York Giants select Daiyan Henley LB Washington State Cougars

Reason:  He was the top rated player left on our board (we considered taking him in the second round with pick 57, he is arguably the best LB in this draft class) and linebacker is a position of need for the Giants. 

The Coboys  @Might Rather is on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 3

With the 90th pick the Dallas Cowboys select Steven Gilmore, CB, Marshall 

The younger brother of NFL star Stephon Gilmore, will get to learn from older bro. It won’t take you long to find the guy on the field with elite NFL play in his family. Steven Gilmore is smart and showcases very good fundamentals for the cornerback position. His patience in off coverage is one area where he shines. He doesn’t waste a lot of movement or steps and he’s quick to drive and attack to undercut throws and attack the catch point. His technique and IQ can carry him beyond his size limitations.  

We got a couple nice playmakers on offence and a talented corner to groom with our top 3 picks.  

26th Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame 

58th Devon Achane, RB, Texas A&M 

90th Steven Gilmore, CB, Marshall 

The TSW Bills are on the clock @Virgil

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

With the 89th selection, the New York Giants select Daiyan Henley LB Washington State Cougars

Reason:  He was the top rated player left on our board (we considered taking him in the second round with pick 57, he is arguably the best LB in this draft class) and linebacker is a position of need for the Giants. 

The Coboys  @Might Rather is on the clock. 

Was the best player left on my board too. 

Okay 15 3rd round grades left on my board as the Bills go on the clock. @Virgil in case any use...

1.       Christopher Smith, Safety, Georgia

2.       Jordan Battle, Safety, Alabama

3.       Chandler Zavala, Guard, North Carolina State

4.       Jartavius Martin, Safety, Illinois

5.       Jaquelin Roy, Defensive Tackle, LSU

6.       Eli Ricks, Cornerback, Alabama

7.       Xavier Hutchinson, Wide Receiver, Iowa State

8.       Emil Ekiyor, Guard, Alabama

9.       Brandon Joseph, Safety, Norte Dame

10.   Henry To’oTo’o, Linebacker, Alabama

11.   Kayshon Boutte, Wide Receiver, LSU

12.   Nick Saldiveri, Offensive Tackle, Old Dominion

13.   Michael Wilson, Wide Receiver, Stanford

14.   Noah Sewell, Linebacker, Oregon

15.   Ji’Ayir Brown, Safety, Penn State

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Bills (TSW Poll) are on the clock
47 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

A few good safeties on the board, but thinking it’s gotta be Sewell.

I’d love to take a LB here, but Sewell seems to be a downhill run defender who doesn’t offer much in coverage. Just don’t see the appeal of that in today’s game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I’d love to take a LB here, but Sewell seems to be a downhill run defender who doesn’t offer much in coverage. Just don’t see the appeal of that in today’s game. 

His fit is a team that plays base then brings a nickel in for obvious passing downs. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

A few good safeties on the board, but thinking it’s gotta be Sewell.

The more I watch Sewell (and I’ve watched a good amount of Oregon over the years he’s been there), the more I want nothing to do with Sewell.  It’s 2023- not 1985-  reminds me of Jon Bostic.  He’ll be the object of every opposing OC’s affection if he were on the field.  Hard pass on Sewell as anything other than a situational run stuffer/depth player

jmo

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

I think he would complement Milano and Bernard’s skill sets well. Also don’t think he’s too limited in coverage. 

55 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The more I watch Sewell (and I’ve watched a good amount of Oregon over the years he’s been there), the more I want nothing to do with Sewell.  It’s 2023- not 1985-  reminds me of Jon Bostic.  He’ll be the object of every opposing OC’s affection if he were on the field.  Hard pass on Sewell as anything other than a situational run stuffer/depth player

jmo

Football IQ is very high - you can see how quick he processes and I love how well he plays against the mobile QBs.  

Quite a few clips of him holding up on the now illegal big/late hits on QBs.  Shows a lot of maturity.  

He played this year at 20 years old.  He can’t even drink yet.  

His coverage is going to only improve imo.  He has every physical tool you want in a LB - very good pass rusher which Maine wasn’t.  

Perfect complement to Milano. 

The Eagles are ready to scoop up this TJ Edwards replacement if he’s there……

Edited by Big Blitz

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Seahawks (section122) are on the clock
6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Football IQ is very high - you can see how quick he processes and I love how well he plays against the mobile QBs.  

Quite a few clips of him holding up on the now illegal big/late hits on QBs.  Shows a lot of maturity.  

He played this year at 20 years old.  He can’t even drink yet.  

His coverage is going to only improve imo.  He has every physical tool you want in a LB - very good pass rusher which Maine wasn’t.  

Perfect complement to Milano. 

The Eagles are ready to scoop up this TJ Edwards replacement if he’s there……

I don’t think anyone with his change of direction skills are a perfect compliment to anyone.  Dude looks like he’s stuck in the mud in coverage.  He’ll need to improve in order to beat out Dodson imo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.