TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed!!!

Virgil

The Broncos aquire pick 79 from the Colts in exchange for picks 86 + 139. 

With the 79th pick of Virgil's Draft, the Denver Broncos select DARIUS RUSH, CB, South Carolina. 

@GunnerBill is on the clock. 

-- Needing to improve their cb play opposite of Surtain II, and sensing and impending run on CB's, the Broncos trade up to snag a big, long and fast cb. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Steelers (GunnerBill) are on the clock
9 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

The Broncos aquire pick 79 from the Colts in exchange for picks 86 + 139. 

With the 79th pick of Virgil's Draft, the Denver Broncos select DARIUS RUSH, CB, South Carolina. 

@GunnerBill is on the clock. 

-- Needing to improve their cb play opposite of Surtain II, and sensing and impending run on CB's, the Broncos trade up to snag a big, long and fast cb. 

That is an excellent pick sir. He should have gone sooner.

• Like (+1) 1

With the 80th pick in the 2023 Virgil Mock Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select:

Byron Young, Defensive Line, Tennessee

I had been trying to get up higher in the 3rd to select Felix Anudike-Uzomah who was sticking out on my board (well he and Clark Phillips but I'd already addressed corner). I wasn't able to make that happen, nor was I quite able to make a smaller move to get up a couple of spots to ensure I secured Young. As it happened, I didn't need to. He fell to me here. He is the 2nd best player left on my board behind Daiyan Henley, but again, we have addressed linebacker, and while we don't have an immediate need on the edge we do lack depth behind TJ Watt and Alex Highsmith. I think Young could reduce down and play some 5 tech inside too. The downside of Young is obvious - he just turned 25. He is likely a 1 contract player. The positives are his explosiveness, athleticism and heart. This is a kid who spent a year after high school working a job before finding his way back to football and he plays every down like it might be his last. He has some Steeler in him. 

That concludes our selections in this draft and it could not have gone a lot better for us. I think we have three guys who will start straight off Doug Whaley's bus and an explosive versatile role player who adds depth to our defense. 

#17 Broderick Jones, Offensive Tackle, Georgia

#32 Trenton Simpson, Linebacker, Clemson

#49 Emmanuel Forbes, Cornerback, Mississippi State

#80 Byron Young, Defensive Line, Tennessee

The Detroit Lions and @mannc are now on the clock. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 3

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Lions (mannc) are on the clock

With the 81st pick in the TSW 2023 Mock Draft, the Detroit Lions select Brenton Strange, TE, Penn State.  This might be a hair early for Strange, but we did not want to miss the boat on this historic 2023 TE draft class.  Strange is a do-it-all TE who provides fearsome blocking ability and above average size and athleticism--truly a tight end out of the Dan Campbell mold.

Lions draft:

6:  Devon Witherspoon CB

31:  Jack Campbell, MLB

45:  Dorian Thompson-Robinson, QB

55:  Siaki Ika, DT

63:  DJ Turner, CB

81:  Brenton Strange, TE

With this draft, the Lions have re-made their defense in a huge way and added a young quarterback with developmental potential.  Will be looking to add a knee-biting, North-South RB in the later rounds...

@NewEra and the Rams are on the clock...

• Like (+1) 4

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Rams (NewEra) are on the clock

With the 86th pick the LA Rams select Terell Smith, CB, Minnesota-

Went from relative unknown to solid prospect after a great senior season.  Good size and speed.  Tough Vs the run.  Solid all around corner.  

@Alphadawg7 is on the clock

The Rams are done-  we didn’t have much to work with after all of our trades were declined- cough- but we feel like we added 2 solid OL prospects and 2nd rd WR and good sized corner with starter upside. 

Cody Mauch- OT/OG NDSU

Andrew Vorhees- OG USC

Cedric Tillman- WR Tennessee 

Terell Smith- CB Minnesota

• Like (+1) 3

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Commanders (Alphadawg7) are on the clock

With the Bills pick coming into view I have 17 3rd round grades remaining. The positional breakdown is:

5 safeties

4 wide receviers

3 linebackers

2 guards

1 offensive tackle

1 defensive tackle

1 corner

And I should be clear Henley (who has a 2nd/3rd borderline) is the only one that isn't a pure 3rd round grade. There are no 2nd round graded guys left by my board. @Motorin' cleared the last of those out when he snagged Darius Rush. 

Edited by GunnerBill

23 minutes ago, mannc said:

With the 81st pick in the TSW 2023 Mock Draft, the Detroit Lions select Brenton Strange, TE, Penn State.  This might be a hair early for Strange, but we did not want to miss the boat on this historic 2023 TE draft class.  Strange is a do-it-all TE who provides fearsome blocking ability and above average size and athleticism--truly a tight end out of the Dan Campbell mold.

Lions draft:

6:  Devon Witherspoon CB

31:  Jack Campbell, MLB

45:  Dorian Thompson-Robinson, QB

55:  Siaki Ika, DT

63:  DJ Turner, CB

81:  Brenton Strange, TE

With this draft, the Lions have re-made their defense in a huge way and added a young quarterback with developmental potential.  Will be looking to add a knee-biting, North-South RB in the later rounds...

@NewEra and the Rams are on the clock...

I agree on strange I think he falls to the 3rd day of the draft but I like him alot. Seems like a natural catching the football and a good number 2 to Knox if we can get him late 

18 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

With the Bills pick coming into view I have 17 3rd round grades remaining. The positional breakdown is:

5 safeties

4 wide receviers

3 linebackers

2 guards

1 offensive tackle

1 defensive tackle

1 corner

And I should be clear Henley (who has a 2nd/3rd borderline) is the only one that isn't a pure 3rd round grade. There are no 2nd round graded guys left by my board. @CNYfan cleared the last of those out when he snagged Darius Rush. 

I snagged Darius Rush when I traded up with @CNYfan. That pick also concludes Denver's draft. The Broncos started with just two 3rd round picks. After trading Jerry Juedy they were able to draft:

Will McDonald IV, Edge

Rashee Rice, WR

Zach Charbonnet, RB

Darius Rush, CB 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

I snagged Darius Rush when I traded up with @CNYfan. That pick also concludes Denver's draft. The Broncos started with just two 3rd round picks. After reading Jerry Juedy they were able to draft:

Will McDonald IV, Edge

Rashee Rice, WR

Zach Charbonnet, RB

Darius Rush, CB 

Sorry, of course you are correct. Will change.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Went from relative unknown to solid prospect after a great senior season.  Good size and speed.  Tough Vs the run.  Solid all around corner.  

The Rams are done-  we didn’t have much to work with after all of our trades were declined- cough- but we feel like we added 2 solid OL prospects and 2nd rd WR and good sized corner with starter upside. 

Cody Mauch- OT/OG NDSU

Andrew Vorhees- OG USC

Snagged my two favorite OL, great eye...

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Cody Mauch- OT/OG NDSU

Andrew Vorhees- OG USC

82nd pick?

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.