TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed!!!

Virgil

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think I like Rice a tad more than you... I think he could be similar to rookie Gabe... the 4th receiver who knows all 3 spots and if any of the main guys missed time could step in and perform capably. 

But I agree he wouldn't start OVER Gabe and I still think the drop off from Addison to him is worth passing on linebackers and guards.

I feel he “could be” that guy too….pretty much what I said.  Diggs, brown and Beasley ahead of him, Like Diggs, Davis and Harty would be ahead of rice. He’d be competing with Shakir and Sherfield for snaps.  Taking into account how McD plays his rookies you think he would get all of those WR4 reps?  Idk- I think he’d get more play than Shakir did last year but I don’t think he’d be anything more than a role player.  Addison would likely be our 2nd best weapon on O.  

Plus we now have a pass catching RB (as opposed to motor and Moss Davis’ rookie year) that would factor more into the passing game and take a few targets away from WRs.  

JMO.  

I like rice and I’d be ok with him in rd 2, but looking at the roster, I don’t think he’d get many opportunities.  Not as many as I’d like out of our 2nd rd pick.   I think he could be a nice WR2 after gabe walks.  

25 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Linebackers:  Henley and Dorian Williams.  Both may not be a prototypical MLB, but we could use some good linebackers on the depth chart across the board.

Safeties:  Anthony Johnson, Battle, Jammie Robinson, Sydney Brown

In my "painful" opinion, the safeties might be the best fits...... for this round..... and good value.

Offensive Tackle:  I'll PM you.... it's a secret.

I was a little off kilter with you on the end of round 2. I am more aligned on what is value here.

3 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

After the real draft happens, will prizes be awarded here to the team that got the most picks correct?   

This thing is great!  Congratulations to Virgil and all. 

I’ll give you a hint, there might only be one winner.  We are typically very wrong 😋

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, wppete said:

Houston Texans Draft Picks:

2 - Bryce Young, QB, Alabama

12 - Peter Skoronski, OT, North Western

33 - Joe Tippmann, C, Wisconsin

65 - Tyrique Stevenson, CB, Miami

73 - Isaiah Foskey, EDGE, Notre Dame

Who's catching the ball from your rookie QB?  Because right now, they have a worse WR room than the 2018 Bills...

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Jordan Battle Alabama 
Tyler Scott Cincinnati 
Andre Carter II Army 
Eli Ricks Alabama 
Zach Harrison Ohio State 
JL Skinner Boise State 
Zacch Pickens South Carolina 
Sydney Brown Illinois 
Moro Ojomo Texas 
A.T. Perry Wake Forest 
Daiyan Henley Washington State 
Tyjae Spears Tulane 
Nick Herbig Wisconsin 

I'd take Harrison.😁

With the 74th pick of the 2023 NFL Draft the Cleveland Browns select Felix Anudike-Uzomah, DE Kansas State.

Pleased to see FAU here in at 74. The Browns have some needs and help at Edge is one of them. FAU has great bend and can pressure QBs - and that's the name f the game these days. Hopefully he can be an effective DE3 this year and grow from there.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

With the 74th pick of the 2023 NFL Draft the Cleveland Browns select Felix Anudike-Uzomah, DE Kansas State.

Pleased to see FAU here in at 74. The Browns have some needs and help at Edge is one of them. FAU has great bend and can pressure QBs - and that's the name f the game these days. Hopefully he can be an effective DE3 this year and grow from there.

I have been trying to get up for him for about 5 or 6 picks. 

It is absolutely nuts that he has lasted this long in this draft when I look at some of the players chosen. Home run pick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

This makes me sad. Should have been the Bills pick at 59. 

• Agree 2

50 minutes ago, mannc said:

Who's catching the ball from your rookie QB?  Because right now, they have a worse WR room than the 2018 Bills...

It’s bad….but nothing was that bad.  Maybe ever

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

This makes me sad. Should have been the Bills pick at 59. 

Don’t cry, dry your eye 😃 

there will be another one in a few days

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is absolutely nuts that he has lasted this long in this draft when I look at some of the players chosen. Home run pick.

I was going back and forth between him and McDonald. But think McD is a better fit as a standup OLB rushing from the edge in Denver's system. 

Anudike-Uzomah is perfect in the 4-3 DE role. 

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Falcons (RyanC883) are on the clock
53 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Looking forward to your edge rankings/analysis just because its such different flavors. The guys are just so different across the board, kinda like the WRs.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

Jordan Battle Alabama 
Tyler Scott Cincinnati 
Andre Carter II Army 
Eli Ricks Alabama 
Zach Harrison Ohio State 
JL Skinner Boise State 
Zacch Pickens South Carolina 
Sydney Brown Illinois 
Moro Ojomo Texas 
A.T. Perry Wake Forest 
Daiyan Henley Washington State 
Tyjae Spears Tulane 
Nick Herbig Wisconsin 

Herbig All day!!!:wub:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.