TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed!!!

Virgil

3 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Since we’re at a stalemate on picks how does the next draft go? I know it’s no trade but do we keep the same teams, get new ones and/or let new people in who don’t take 14 hours to make a pick? Feel like the next draft should be like a 2 hour window at most and if you can’t make that fit in your schedule then don’t accept the invite to the draft 

Maybe the best course of action in those cases would be to transfer GM duties of those teams for the remainder of the draft - if we have people willing to take them. Stuff happens in life and no need for hard feelings, but we should keep things moving if possible. It’s already a lot of work for Virgil so I defer to him on what’s easiest/preferable. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Maybe the best course of action in those cases would be to transfer GM duties of those teams for the remainder of the draft - if we have people willing to take them. Stuff happens in life and no need for hard feelings, but we should keep things moving if possible. It’s already a lot of work for Virgil so I defer to him on what’s easiest/preferable. 

It would probably be too much work, but if people could identify their preferred window to pick, the teams could assigned based on that.  For example if 10 people said I prefer 6 pm to 8 pm Eastern USA time, you could assign them ten consecutive teams in the pick order 

1 hour ago, NeverOutNick said:

Since we’re at a stalemate on picks how does the next draft go? I know it’s no trade but do we keep the same teams, get new ones and/or let new people in who don’t take 14 hours to make a pick? Feel like the next draft should be like a 2 hour window at most and if you can’t make that fit in your schedule then don’t accept the invite to the draft 

I definitely think in future multi rounders we should be like the real draft and reduce time to pick after round 1. Round 1 moved reasonably well (we got through 31 picks in 49 hours). It has been patchy since. Life happens, we all recognise that (equally some of us live in different parts of the world) so it is never going to be easy, but I think keeping it moving in rounds 2 and 3 is the challenge. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

While I do understand the frustration from some of you, please remember that this is the furthest we've made it in a trade mock to where the GM's didn't make a pick.  This one feels longer because of the overnight hold period.  We've made it through 2 and a half rounds of trades in one week.  That's actually pretty impressive.  

We have people across time zones with families, work schedules and lives.  The 4 hours compensates. 

This is always the longest draft due to the length and trades.  

If the Dolphins don't pick by noon, I'll take a volunteer

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

with the 84th pick the Dolphins select Devon Achane RB Texas A&M

The Phins continue to add offense and add another RB to the room

Already selected. Try again. #58 to the Cowboys.

2 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

The Chargers select WR Tyler Scott from Cincinatti 

@Virgil

The Colts select Andre Carter DE Army

The Vikings  @BigdaddyinOrlando are up to the podium

@Virgil

Hold fire.

Edited by GunnerBill

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Vikings (BigdaddyinOrlando) are on the clock
16 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

with the 84th pick the Dolphins select Devon Achane RB Texas A&M

The Phins continue to add offense and add another RB to the room

I've updated your pick to Tyjae Spears, RB, Tulane.  

We are moving forward

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.