TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed!!!

Virgil

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Titans (Alphadawg7) are on the clock

With the 72nd pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select:  TE, TUCKER KRAFT, SOUTH DAKOTA STATE CLICK HERE FOR HIGHLIGHTS

We are excited to bring in a big athletic TE in Kraft who has shown to be a threat as a receiver and a blocker.  Even though he played at a small school, he has the traits of a top tier prospect and had offers to go to blue chip schools such as Alabama, but elected to stay with his coaches at SDST.  With is size, athleticism, and abilities as a receiver we believe can be a complete TE in the NFL and a weapon in our passing game.  

Round 1, Pick 11:  Drafted RB, Bijan Robinson, Texas (Derrick Henry traded to Chicago for pick 53)

Round 2, Pick 41:  Drafted O,T Anton Harrison, Oklahoma

Round 2, Pick 53 (from Chicago):  Drafted WR, Josh Downs, North Carolina 

Round 3, Pick 72:  Drafted TE, Tucker Kraft, South Dakota State

With that our 3 round draft is complete and our organization feels very strong about our draft and can't wait to see our new players on the field in our new look offense.

@wppete and the Texans are now on the clock

• Like (+1) 3

18 hours ago, Virgil said:

As someone who only wanted OT and MLB in the first two rounds, I can’t argue with the DT in round 2.  There was no value at the other positions and we have a large need next year at the position. 

The moral of the story so far: is the gap from Jordan Addison to Rashee Rice, worth passing on Campbell, Simpson, Shmitz, Torrence, Tippman, Bergeron, Sanders and Avila?

I would probably rather have any of those passees plus Rice, rather than Addison/Benton.  Where are others landing on this question?

Edited by Chaos
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

The moral of the story so far: is the gap from Jordan Addison to Rashee Rice, worth passing on Campbell, Simpson, Shmitz, Torrence, Tippman, Bergeron, Sanders and Avila?

I would probably rather have any of those passees plus Rice, rather than Addison/Benton.  Where are others landing on this question?

Based off that, I would think the answer is a trade back and then trade up

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Texans (wppete) are on the clock
10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

With the 72nd pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select:  TE, TUCKER KRAFT, SOUTH DAKOTA STATE CLICK HERE FOR HIGHLIGHTS

We are excited to bring in a big athletic TE in Kraft who has shown to be a threat as a receiver and a blocker.  Even though he played at a small school, he has the traits of a top tier prospect and had offers to go to blue chip schools such as Alabama, but elected to stay with his coaches at SDST.  With is size, athleticism, and abilities as a receiver we believe can be a complete TE in the NFL and a weapon in our passing game.  

Round 1, Pick 11:  Drafted RB, Bijan Robinson, Texas (Derrick Henry traded to Chicago for pick 53)

With that our 3 round draft is complete and our organization feels very strong about our draft and can't wait to see our new players on the field in our new look offense.

Who's going to play quarterback for you this year?😄

Edited by mannc

16 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Solid draft! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

How much better do you think Addison is than Rice?

I feel Addison would be our 2nd best WR instantly.  I think rice might be our 4th best- maybe 5th or 6thx

We don’t have to trade down in order to trade up. 

• Agree 1

Just now, NewEra said:

I feel Addison would be our 2nd best WR instantly.  I think rice might be our 4th best- maybe 5th or 6thx

We don’t have to trade down in order to trade up. 

That is a pretty big difference.  I am a bit higher on Rice. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

With the 73rd selection, the Houston Texans select Isaiah Foskey, EDGE, Notre Dame.

Houston gets relentless pass rusher in Foskey. He has the size, speed and athleticism to be a talented Edge rusher in the NFL. Texans keep adding talent to their Defense. 

The Cleveland Browns and @BarleyNYare on the clock.

@Virgil

• Like (+1) 3

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Browns (BarelyNY) are on the clock
7 minutes ago, Chaos said:

That is a pretty big difference.  I am a bit higher on Rice. 

You think rice, right now, is better than Gabe?  I don’t think there’s any chance he starts one game over Gabe. I think Harty is is going to be a decent role in our offense and Roce wouldn’t take any snaps from him. I feel he and Sherfield would be battling for snaps.   

I like Rice long term.  I just don’t think he would do much this year.  He’d be similar to the last 2 2nd rd picks his rookie year.  On the bench most of the game.  

what’s the problem with drafting addison AND trading up?  That’s the best idea by far imo.  If he’s even available 

Edited by NewEra

32 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Well I wouldn't have drafted Benton before the 4th. But is the drop off from Addison to Rice worth passing on linebackers and guards? Yes.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You think rice, right now, is better than Gabe?  I don’t think there’s any chance he starts one game over Gabe. I think Harty is is going to be a decent role in our offense and Roce wouldn’t take any snaps from him. I feel he and Sherfield would be battling for snaps.   

I like Rice long term.  I just don’t think he would do much this year.  He’d be similar to the last 2 2nd rd picks his rookie year.  On the bench most of the game.  

what’s the problem with drafting addison AND trading up?  That’s the best idea by far imo.  If he’s even available 

I think I like Rice a tad more than you... I think he could be similar to rookie Gabe... the 4th receiver who knows all 3 spots and if any of the main guys missed time could step in and perform capably. 

But I agree he wouldn't start OVER Gabe and I still think the drop off from Addison to him is worth passing on linebackers and guards.

• Like (+1) 1

Linebackers:  Henley and Dorian Williams.  Both may not be a prototypical MLB, but we could use some good linebackers on the depth chart across the board.

Safeties:  Anthony Johnson, Battle, Jammie Robinson, Sydney Brown

In my "painful" opinion, the safeties might be the best fits...... for this round..... and good value.

Offensive Tackle:  I'll PM you.... it's a secret.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Virgil said:

As we approach the next Bills pick, please post any players you feel needs to be in the poll.  

For me, most ratings are out the window in the 3rd round.   So I’ll take any suggestions 

Jordan Battle Alabama 
Tyler Scott Cincinnati 
Andre Carter II Army 
Eli Ricks Alabama 
Zach Harrison Ohio State 
JL Skinner Boise State 
Zacch Pickens South Carolina 
Sydney Brown Illinois 
Moro Ojomo Texas 
A.T. Perry Wake Forest 
Daiyan Henley Washington State 
Tyjae Spears Tulane 
Nick Herbig Wisconsin 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Jordan Battle Alabama 
Tyler Scott Cincinnati 
Andre Carter II Army 
Eli Ricks Alabama 
Zach Harrison Ohio State 
JL Skinner Boise State 
Zacch Pickens South Carolina 
Sydney Brown Illinois 
Moro Ojomo Texas 
A.T. Perry Wake Forest 
Daiyan Henley Washington State 
Tyjae Spears Tulane 
Nick Herbig Wisconsin 

I hate the idea of drafting another RB this early when we need O linemen but man Spears and Vaughn are fun to watch 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.