NFL draft rumors 2023

HappyDays

37 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Hmm. Charles Davis and Charlie Campbell both suddenly mocking Paris Johnson to the Cardinals at #3. That is noteworthy IMO. They definitely have am oline need and they can probably get a good edge early in the 2nd.... whereas not sure they get a good tackle there. 

Yea I’ve seen that as well. It does make sense for exactly what you said. The OL really thins out at tackle after the initial group. I still think they try to trade down to select him at like 7 say the Raiders want up 

3 hours ago, whorlnut said:

I remember the draft where we took Rousseau and a bunch of depth players.  This was right after we made it to the AFC title game. Instead of drafting some pro ready guys, we took Basham, brown, Doyle, etc. I remember being super pissed that we didn’t get guys that would help us immediately. 

One of my least favorite drafts ever…Was so excited that so many guys I wanted ended up falling to us- I figure there was no way to mess it up…Then Beane goes and drafts Groot, who I felt was 2nd round talent, and one of my least favorite pass rushers of the top guys…

Edited by JaCrispy

6 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

One of my least favorite drafts ever…Was so excited that so many guys I wanted ended up falling to us- I figure there was no way to mess it up…Then Beane goes and drafts Groot, who I felt was 2nd round talent, and one of my least favorite pass rushers of the top guys…

image.png.8d1db66d6e46e3e5948af5e53d818e4d.png

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DJB said:

Daniel Jeremiah from NFL .com has us taking Q Johnson WR, and passing on Darnell Wright who’s picked by the Chiefs

😬

If this happened, Beane should be fired before round 2…😉

Sad part is, given his draft history, I could actually see Beane doing something this stupid…

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, DJB said:

Daniel Jeremiah from NFL .com has us taking Q Johnson WR, and passing on Darnell Wright who’s picked by the Chiefs

😬

Awesome. We get a WR with elite traits instead of a RT only with slow feet. What boggles my mind is how anybody could hate that outcome.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Awesome. We get a WR with elite traits instead of a RT only with slow feet. What boggles my mind is how anybody could hate that outcome.

We won’t need QJ after we acquire DHop tomorrow though ;) 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I like the idea of WR…I just don’t think Johnston is the type of WR Josh needs…Allen requires guys who can get separation in small spaces…That’s not what Johnston is good at with his less than optimal route running …

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Man........you had a really bad eye for pass rushers.:lol:

And Groot has been the best DE(or DL)  from that entire draft........by a lot.

Phillips is the only one with as many sacks......he has 3 more.........but he has played 50% more snaps.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I like the idea of WR…I just don’t think Johnston is the type of WR Josh needs…Allen requires guys who can get separation in small spaces…That’s not what Johnston is good at with his less than optimal route running …

Allen also likes guys that get vertical separation so he can throw bombs downfield.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

I’m good with the Rousseau pick.  I’m hoping he comes into his own this year .. the floor is decent, but we drafted him for his ceiling.  

The Basham and Bernard picks are types of picks that shake your faith in this Front Office.  

Literally every fan hated the picks at the time … and thus far, have been proven correct.  

Despite what we think, I doubt many of us want to believe we know more about drafting than the people paid to do it for our team.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

If this happened, Beane should be fired before round 2…😉

Sad part is, given his draft history, I could actually see Beane doing something this stupid…

Doing something so stupid as drafting a WR over a RT?  Idk man.  I’m the biggest Spencer brown hater on the board from my recollection and while I’d prefer wright, I’d be happy that we added a playmaker.  Some people aren’t very high on wright. And some people are very high on Johnston.  Just depends how our scouting dept views each prospect. Both have their flaws

• Like (+1) 3

He’s actually a pretty precise route runner.  Not sure why some think he isn’t.  Biggest question marks are his hands as he had some drops and doesn’t always play up to his size the way you would think for contested balls.  But route running is one of his strengths.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

You’ve been getting extra crispy tonight haven’t ya?  Josh requires guys who can get open in small spaces? Wth.  He’s requires 1 or 2, sure.  But also he needs guys to go deep.  He needs guys who can take a screen to the house.  He needs guys that are open when their not.  And Johnston can get open in small spaces.  He can just turn and box out several corners based on his size.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He’s actually a pretty precise route runner.  Not sure why some think he isn’t.  Biggest question marks are his hands as he had some drops and doesn’t always play up to his size the way you would think for contested balls.  But route running is one of his strengths.  

So he’s Gabe Davis…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.