Trump indicted. Commies celebrate. Pelosi: Trump has right to trial to prove innocence. Lol..

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You are playing a bizarre semantic game here. 
Let’s say OJ needs money (again). Let’s say someone pays him $10 million and he gives a detailed interview about exactly how he killed Ron and Nicole. I think 99.99% of us would say “he committed a horrific crime” notwithstanding the fact that he was acquitted by a jury and can never again be put on trial for that. 

Didn't he sell a book, or try to sell a book about it, I think the proceeds ended up going to the families since he lost the civil suit.

Edited by Warcodered

12 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The amount of such women “ protesting” the SC decision on abortion in BUF was incredible. It was if they had no idea that they were in NY - where abortion is guaranteed and always will be.

You mean I misunderstood the many Republicans who now say they are advocating for a nationwide federal abortion ban?

Maybe if they’d stick to their old line - “but it’s an issue for the people of each state to decide!” - you’d have a point. But it turns out that whole states rights thing was bs, no?

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You mean I misunderstood the many Republicans who now say they are advocating for a nationwide federal abortion ban?

Maybe if they’d stick to their old line - “but it’s an issue for the people of each state to decide!” - you’d have a point. But it turns out that whole states rights thing was bs, no?

No, not BS. There are a some who want to try for such a ban, but it’s misguided ( imo) and has little chance of amounting to anything. It’s a States issue as far as I’m concerned. There are always a few at the fringes of these issues. 

7 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

WTF did I just read

"Guys let's use sex apps as proof women are ugly. Then let's tie it to politics somehow so I can sprinkle in my ignorant take". LOL

--

Here's my mostly-serious take on the situation. Most women (hot OR ugly) are liberal and most trump-supporters are middle aged white dudes.

When you wear one of those red hats you can figure out which of those 2 groups will be more impressed haha

the new liberal woman...who still has a penis btw.

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You can't keep your eyes off that bulk, can you? 

Of course we'll hold it against you!

😆

It's too old for you, Lincoln Project supporter.

11 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Right after your wife had a kid.

The ends to which they defend this scum never cease to amaze.  But a lot of these guys don't even like him.....

Can't even tell the truth to themselves. 

Please don't tell me Democrats are now concerned about politicians screwing around on their spouses.  Come on man.   For Democrats the list is really long too.

JFK

John Edwards (his wife had cancer)

Gary Hart

Bubba

FDR

Eliot Spitzer

Steven Horsford

Jim McGreevy

Anthony Weiner

6 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Doesn't sound like he's giving a legal opinion, he's going full conspiracy, unless he for some reason thinks it'll be easier for Trump to win an appeal which is generally the opposite of how that goes.

He was on Fox yesterday, said that no NY judge would be brave enough to be the one who set Trump free, or words to that effect. That and a majority blue jury.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Fs_1NqRaUAAP5JQ?format=jpg&name=900x900

never let reality get in the way of a good meme.

I mean the issue everyone is actually going on about is how it's being elevated to a felony, the falsifying records thing comes off as almost a conceded point the way they talk about it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Warcodered said:

never let reality get in the way of a good meme.

I mean the issue everyone is actually going on about is how it's being elevated to a felony, the falsifying records thing comes off as almost a conceded point the way they talk about it.

Agreed. It is basically uncontested (at least in all the pronouncements from Trump and his team) that he did falsify records. 
I’ll repeat my take:

- this prosecution is unwise for many reasons

- nonetheless, it is pretty clear that Trump violated NY law

- whether it is chargeable as a felony based on campaign finance laws depends on unresolved issues of NY criminal law and on issues of federal supremacy (also an open issue)

- whether it is chargeable as a felony based on anticipated NY state tax fraud depends on issues of fact that will be difficult to prove 

- there is a difference between an ill advised prosecution (this one) and an unfair prosecution

22 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Agreed. It is basically uncontested (at least in all the pronouncements from Trump and his team) that he did falsify records. 
I’ll repeat my take:

- this prosecution is unwise for many reasons

- nonetheless, it is pretty clear that Trump violated NY law

- whether it is chargeable as a felony based on campaign finance laws depends on unresolved issues of NY criminal law and on issues of federal supremacy (also an open issue)

- whether it is chargeable as a felony based on anticipated NY state tax fraud depends on issues of fact that will be difficult to prove 

- there is a difference between an ill advised prosecution (this one) and an unfair prosecution

This also underscores that the Dems, or Deep State, or (((Soros))), or whoever, aren’t pulling the strings in the Manhattan DA.

If this was part of a coordinated effort (instead of separate sovereigns making their own decisions), Bragg wouldn’t have charged until after Smith or Willis had indicted Trump. They have much stronger cases that would have driven worse headlines for Trump. 

12 Anti-Trump Pundits And Lawmakers Who Think Bragg’s Case Is Terrible

by Jordan Boyd

For weeks now, former President Donald Trump and legal experts on the right predicted that the prosecution Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg brought against Trump was pathetic and partisan. Not long after Trump pleaded not guilty to 34 felony counts of falsifying business records during his arraignment on Tuesday, some of his most outspoken political enemies also began casting doubt on Bragg’s attempts to send the former president to jail.

Here are the notorious anti-Trumpers who willingly admitted that Bragg’s case against the leader of the Republican Party is a weak attempt to keep him from winning the White House in 2024.

https://thefederalist.com/2023/04/05/12-anti-trump-pundits-and-lawmakers-who-think-braggs-case-is-terrible/

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ChiGoose said:

This also underscores that the Dems, or Deep State, or (((Soros))), or whoever, aren’t pulling the strings in the Manhattan DA.

If this was part of a coordinated effort (instead of separate sovereigns making their own decisions), Bragg wouldn’t have charged until after Smith or Willis had indicted Trump. They have much stronger cases that would have driven worse headlines for Trump. 

That's probably how it looks to you, Chi, because you refuse to ever see any malice on the left, only benign incompetence.  To many it looks more like the English forcing the charge of the Irish conscripts before the heavy cavalry enters the fray. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2