Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

We're definitely drafting a TE.

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

We're definitely drafting a TE.

I think they are going to take Darnell Washington at 27. There is not another player like him in the NFL. He mauls guys in the run game, He can give Josh extra time if either tackle is having a tough day, and just imagine him blocking for Josh on the run. Lots of 12 personnel. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mathja said:

I think they are going to take Darnell Washington at 27. There is not another player like him in the NFL. He mauls guys in the run game, He can give Josh extra time if either tackle is having a tough day, and just imagine him blocking for Josh on the run. Lots of 12 personnel. 

That would be a huge mistake taking a #2 tight end in the first round.  That guy has bust written all him

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

That would be a huge mistake taking a #2 tight end in the first round.  That guy has bust written all him

I think 27 is too high and I prefer Dalton Kincaid in the first if you are taking a TE that early, but I don't believe Washington is the player you are suggesting. I live near Athens and see all the UGA games. That fella is a killer blocker and so I think his floor is well above potential bust.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I think 27 is too high and I prefer Dalton Kincaid in the first if you are taking a TE that early, but I don't believe Washington is the player you are suggesting. I live near Athens and see all the UGA games. That fella is a killer blocker and so I think his floor is well above potential bust.

Yea his floor is really good blocking TE your right but really good blocking TE's aren't worth the 27th overall pick. He is not a good pass catcher, route runner despite his combine numbers. Everyone always points to his leaping highlight over Oregon to show off his athleticism but if you actually break down his tape he is a highly overrated pass catcher. He would be very smart to add 30 pounds and become a LT in this league so he could really cash in.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Let someone else take a blocking tight end that high then not us!  Hopefully 

9 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Yea his floor is really good blocking TE your right but really good blocking TE's aren't worth the 27th overall pick. He is not a good pass catcher, route runner despite his combine numbers. Everyone always points to his leaping highlight over Oregon to show off his athleticism but if you actually break down his tape he is a highly overrated pass catcher. He would be very smart to add 30 pounds and become a LT in this league so he could really cash in.

Yes, I already said I would not take him at 27. Depending on our first round selection, I'd consider him in the second. He probably goes before 59. Maybe you take him as a blocking TE and see if you can convert him to LT, at worst you have a superior blocking TE2. (It worked for Jason Peters.)

Edited by Dr. Who

4 hours ago, mathja said:

I would hate it but I’d love it at the same time. I don’t think he’s remotely good enough as a TE but he just brings a different dynamic that no one else in the draft (maybe in the league) brings to the table (blocking). I think he’d be the ultimate red zone weapon.  Blocking or receiving- he’d be a problem at the goal line.  Might not be the best value and would have a LOT invested in TE, but he could change the offense 

I’d much rather draft Dalton Kincaid but I don’t think he’ll be there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, mathja said:

Just to tip opposing defenses to what we're going to do when he's in the game. I'd rather use 3 or 4 on Tucker Kraft

• aristocrat changed the title to Lane Johnson Extension
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.