Aaron Rodgers talking with the Jets

Matt_In_NH

50 minutes ago, H2o said:

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Rodgers is like, "Nope, I think I'll stay here."?

sitting-on-couch-al-bundy.gif

Could still happen for sure!  Looks like odds are him being a Jet.  Another hurddle for the Bills this year.  Going to be a tough year

Am I the only one who thinks that the most likely way the Jets screw up their franchise is by getting Rodgers?  I mean, a quarterback with a great career at a single franchise becomes a malcontent at that franchise until they decide they want to be rid of him.  Quarterback gets traded to a team where Hacket is his coach.  What could possibly go wrong?  It IS possible that Rodgers had an injury last year and, when healed, he will return to form.  That is possible.  However, there are many who seem that he will revert to MVP form because he has been reunited with Hacket.  There is nothing in Hacket's career that makes me think he is an offensive genius who will resuscitate a career.  The Jets rebuild to this point reminds me a lot of the Bills.  Got ride of expensive malcontents and underperformers, got draft picks and cap room and smartly built a team.  The one big difference is that the Jets missed on their quarterback.  If they get Rodgers and in so doing lose draft picks and blow their salary cap...and Rodgers doesn't work out, they could destroy their rebuild.  The fact that the team that knows him best is eager to get rid of him would give me pause.

• Like (+1) 3

On 3/9/2023 at 12:34 PM, Gregg said:

LOL Keyshawn Johnson.

Keyshawn Johnson really does not like the bills never has

4 hours ago, Airseven said:

He’s not wrong about the Jets becoming the AFCE favorite. 

I wouldn’t trade Allen for Rodgers, obviously, but this would certainly close and latch the Bills 3-year window. It’s probably best for the Bills to take a year to rebuild anyway.

I’m shocked to hear you say this just absolutely shocked

No, I’m not

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, fergie's ire said:

Am I the only one who thinks that the most likely way the Jets screw up their franchise is by getting Rodgers?  I mean, a quarterback with a great career at a single franchise becomes a malcontent at that franchise until they decide they want to be rid of him.  Quarterback gets traded to a team where Hacket is his coach.  What could possibly go wrong?  It IS possible that Rodgers had an injury last year and, when healed, he will return to form.  That is possible.  However, there are many who seem that he will revert to MVP form because he has been reunited with Hacket.  There is nothing in Hacket's career that makes me think he is an offensive genius who will resuscitate a career.  The Jets rebuild to this point reminds me a lot of the Bills.  Got ride of expensive malcontents and underperformers, got draft picks and cap room and smartly built a team.  The one big difference is that the Jets missed on their quarterback.  If they get Rodgers and in so doing lose draft picks and blow their salary cap...and Rodgers doesn't work out, they could destroy their rebuild.  The fact that the team that knows him best is eager to get rid of him would give me pause.

Hit the nail on the head here. The media loves talking about Rodgers, and the story involves a NY team, so everyone loses sight of all the things you mention and just succumbs to the hype

4 hours ago, Airseven said:

He’s not wrong about the Jets becoming the AFCE favorite. 

I wouldn’t trade Allen for Rodgers, obviously, but this would certainly close and latch the Bills 3-year window. It’s probably best for the Bills to take a year to rebuild anyway.

Gordon Ramsay What GIF by PeacockTV

19 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Will Rodgers where #12 for the Jets, or will he show Joe Namath respect and have a different number?

Is this the first time you’ve ever read anything about Aaron Rodgers? 😂😉

He for sure is taking that #12 lol

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

29 minutes ago, Beast said:

That would be funny.

This whole stunt is probably financed by PMT to keep the content rolling. 

30 minutes ago, PauleeeWalnuts said:

Namath already said if he comes to The Jets he can wear it 

Rodgers is the kind of guy to **** Wilson and take number 2 from him and Saleh is the guy to let it happen. Maybe even get tee shirts made. 

1 hour ago, Mango said:

This whole stunt is probably financed by PMT to keep the content rolling. 

Rodgers is the kind of guy to **** Wilson and take number 2 from him and Saleh is the guy to let it happen. Maybe even get tee shirts made. 

Can’t argue with you there, he’s a toxic douche 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

He's gotta be waiting for the Raiders to swoop in. What else is the delay for? 

Jets board speculates it’s because they didn’t want to announce it on Selection Sunday … obviously. 

Short term this frightens me. Long Term the Jets and Dolphins are blowing their rebuild up and I love it. Bills might not finish 1st in the AFC East this year but will still make the playoffs and control the AFC East moving forward with Josh Allen.

Thr Jets are hitching their wagon to a guy who is undecided on if he wants to play and who will be out of the league in 2 years. Just in time for when most of their starters on rookie deals start to get paid. 

Miami is blowing all their draft capital on vets who are on max contracts. They better hope they hit this year or next because Waddle and Tua contracts are coming and they have a lot of guys who are making big $$$. How do you restock the cupboard when you keep trading away high picks?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1