I bumped into Tua on my vacation, and gave him a concussion. Picture included.

Draconator

Is that a healthy Caribbean sunburn you've cultivated on your melon, or just a whiskey nose run rampant? 🤔

I have never burned, always tanned...until Bride the Second and I took our honeymoon cruise in the Caribbean in 2011.  I never knew a sunburn could actually be categorized as 'viscious'. 😳

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

Did he get a concussion?

It was the slightest of bumps. I immediately said I'm sorry Mr. Tua, and he was down. 

59 minutes ago, transient said:

Which one are you?

I'll start a poll in the main forum. That should make Simon happy. 

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Is that a healthy Caribbean sunburn you've cultivated on your melon, or just a whiskey nose run rampant? 🤔

I have never burned, always tanned...until Bride the Second and I took our honeymoon cruise in the Caribbean in 2011.  I never knew a sunburn could actually be categorized as 'viscious'. 😳

I was very careful to put SPF 50 on every morning and reapply. Still got burnt. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Went to Disney a few years ago (we used to go at least once a year) and finally booked a Dolphin encounter at EPCOT.  My wife, 2 sons and I were in a group with 7 other people.  We meet the tour cast members, get a souvenir towel, a tour and instructions and then change into our wet suits, and then wait to go encounter them.  Ten minutes go by and nothing.  Fifteen and the tour CMs check on us and say just a little longer.  Twenty minutes, nothing.  Then about a half hour later, our tour CMs come by with the Dolphin trainer.  He starts talking about how the Dolphins (all males) have gained weight (like they did that overnight) and this and that.  Then he says "well Dolphins, they're bisexual you see..."  Damn things were having an *****!  So no encounter for us, but we got a refund and to keep the towel.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Draconator said:

I was very careful to put SPF 50 on every morning and reapply. Still got burnt. 

In was pretty careful with sunscreen for three plus decades playing tennis in Hilton Head, SC, then Sarasota, FL.  I’d put it on before playing, then sweat buckets and towel myself off. There would be puddles below my seat. It’s impossible to reapply once you are soaking wet. 

My dermatologist in Florida told me to move back to Buffalo while she was burning spots off my face. 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Those are its flippers and it's swimming inverted. BUT...

What public school science class failed you? Of course mammals have ears!

https://www.thoughtco.com/the-main-mammal-characteristics-4086144

The8MainMammalCharacteristics.thumb.webp.41d432c505f624df0d75815cccda1f67.webp

CUdFyYvUEAAHlSc.jpg:large

It was actually a joke which had sexual undertones, but thanks for edumacating me!

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Dude, is that thing just blasting you in the junk with its tail?  I see pain in your eyes.

Actually, the tail was far away from "my parts". 

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

I had no idea dolphins had ears. 

To be fair, It was a female dolphin. But she was like 14 so I would be a headline for a Go Bills in Dallas post. 

• Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Draconator said:

Actually, the tail was far away from "my parts". 

To be fair, It was a female dolphin. But she was like 14 so I would be a headline for a Go Bills in Dallas post. 

My family did a dolphin encounter in Cancun while on vacation.  at Xcaret. One of the dolphins for whatever reason took a liking to my daughter who happens to be autistic. After the swim you needed to walk down a walkway to the entrance and this dolphin followed her as she walked. The trainer noticed and invited she to come closer and interact by feeding it. The dolphins name was Mijachan. (Me-Hwa_Kon)  And we bought a stuffie to commemorate the event and it still exists In her room. Im sure 🙂 Great memory this was in 1997

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, muppy said:

My family did a dolphin encounter in Cancun while on vacation.  at Xcaret. One of the dolphins for whatever reason took a liking to my daughter who happens to be autistic. After the swim you needed to walk down a walkway to the entrance and this dolphin followed her as she walked. The trainer noticed and invited she to come closer and interact by feeding it. The dolphins name was Mijachan. (Me-Hwa_Kon)  And we bought a stuffie to commemorate the event and it still exists In her room. Im sure 🙂 Great memory this was in 1997

Just be careful with dolphin encounters... This poor girl took it upon her own to make her own encounter,  leave her jetski and attempted to swim with them... Just recently. 

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/teenage-girl-killed-shark-jet-skiing-australia-96894090

😔😟🙁😥😞 

• Shocked 1

17 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Just be careful with dolphin encounters... This poor girl took it upon her own to make her own encounter,  leave her jetski and attempted to swim with them... Just recently. 

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/teenage-girl-killed-shark-jet-skiing-australia-96894090

😔😟🙁😥😞 

so the shark who was swimming with dolphins killed the girl. Said girl took her chances But I might have been tempted to do that in my salad days

lol

Ive never been on a jetski yeah so prolly Im Not jumping off  .  But either way sucks for her.

23 hours ago, muppy said:

so the shark who was swimming with dolphins killed the girl. Said girl took her chances But I might have been tempted to do that in my salad days

lol

Ive never been on a jetski yeah so prolly Im Not jumping off  .  But either way sucks for her.

“Salad days”? 

The mind wanders. 

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

“Salad days”? 

The mind wanders. 

HEY I'm Trying to classy up the joint.  "In my salad days, when I was green in judgment"  William freakin Shakespeare hermano

I bet you even know from what play. Dont ya.

😁

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, muppy said:

HEY I'm Trying to classy up the joint.  "In my salad days, when I was green in judgment"  William freakin Shakespeare hermano

I bet you even know from what play. Dont ya.

😁

Little known fact—-Shakespeare’s famous work “The Tempest”  was originally penned as “Two Tempests, the Missing Petticoats and a Pillow Fight” when he was 17 years old.   He changed it later because people said the title was too long.   

I’d think it’s from that one. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Little known fact—-Shakespeare’s famous work “The Tempest”  was originally penned as “Two Tempests, the Missing Petticoats and a Pillow Fight” when he was 17 years old.   He changed it later because people said the title was too long.   

I’d think it’s from that one. 

Nope. Anthony and Cleopatra.  But I googled I cannot tell a lie 

😊

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.