Stadium Renderings Part 2

JDHillFan

22 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

It's going to be a pile of rocks like the original one. 

Still for what they spent on it, it should be a lot more impressive. It's very generic but I guess that's to be expected when all fans want is the Bills to stay. 

This is a legit question and not at all snarky: How can you tell anything from those renderings, and what exactly do you want? What needs to be improved, in your opinion, based on those few sketches? 

Those exterior renderings tell me next to nothing. I can’t even have an opinion without more knowledge. 

EDIT: Other than a dome, if that is your thing. Ain’t gonna happen. 

Edited by Augie

7 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

You realize the Bengals play outside too? Dome has absolutely nothing to do with why the Bills lost. And the game that got moved, a dome doesn't change that decision either. That game was unplayable dome or no dome. Give it up already 

Comments like this are hilarious. Folks simply incapable of utilizing critical thinking to recognize that the weather/wind situation in Buffalo is dramatically different from almost everywhere else in the ENTIRE league, let alone Cinci. Just hilarious.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

This is a legit question and not at all snarky: How can you tell anything from those renderings, and what exactly do you want? What needs to be improved, in your opinion, based on those few sketches? 

Those exterior renderings tell me next to nothing. I can’t even have an opinion without more knowledge. 

For the amenities we don't know anything and that would make the stadium a lot better depending on what is offered. 

My problem is that from the renderings its an upgrade to what's already there. For the amount of money they are spending I wanted to see something more in line the Vikings stadium. This was the chance to bring the city of Buffalo and the Bills up to the level of the top cities in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Beast said:

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

10/10 on the clown meter! We have a new champion!

Let me guess, you settle. Settling on the most important decisions in your life leaves you unsatisfied and vulnerable to lashing out…

5 hours ago, RG Murdock said:

Well maybe you could chip in?  I have has season tickets for decades, I attend the games no matter the weather, and have tons of great memories, that I hope continue. I walk the walk... With your cavalier response, I doubt you have ever attended a game.    

Nys taxpayer and season ticket holder since 99. I don’t have a loser , small minded mentality though.  This is a generational decision, public outcry needs to be heard. Other than the “injury”, Our year was sabotaged because of weather. I want the best for our team and our state. 

Edited by Kiva
  • Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Augie said:

He wants it made out of gold

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

For the amenities we don't know anything and that would make the stadium a lot better depending on what is offered. 

My problem is that from the renderings its an upgrade to what's already there. For the amount of money they are spending I wanted to see something more in line the Vikings stadium. This was the chance to bring the city of Buffalo and the Bills up to the level of the top cities in the NFL. 

it’s just a football stadium. Whether it be this design or a fancy all-glass cube like Minnesota’s it ain’t making that big a difference to the city.

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

Yep and with PSLs starting at $10,000 a seat. 

Price out the rift raft. I’m ok with that. Buffalo as a team, has changed their culture, it’s time for fans follow. We want the best of the best only attending. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

it’s just a football stadium. Whether it be this design or a fancy all-glass cube like Minnesota’s it ain’t making that big a difference to the city.

The more important question is does it give the team the best chance to go into the 2030's and 2040's with a facility that helps them be as competitive as possible.........on the field and financially.

Personally,  I think the in-facility spending by fans will eventually surpass the cost of entry..........and getting people off of their wallets when they are out in the heat of late summer or the inclement weather of fall/winter is not going to be as easy as it is for teams with controlled environments.

This stadium in Buffalo might be the last new "uncovered" stadium built for the NFL.    

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

It’s of course just personal opinion but here are a few of the newest NFL stadiums:

mercedes-benz-stadium_dusk2_AMB-sports-e

SouthEast-2-View-of-Lake-Park-From-Pedes

vikingsstadium-usbs-aerial-view.jpg

5ef22caee9d4e.image.jpg?resize=800,500

And then here is the Bills new stadium:

byv7s3eabmlwktd4kmnr

It looks generic. Boring. Unappealing. Nothing screams “Buffalo” to me. There are no unique features that stand out and make people instantly say “oh that’s the Bills stadium”. Looking from the outside I can’t tell if it’s an airport, a soccer stadium, or a place to watch football.

And it looks like it’s old already. More like an early 2000’s stadium. If you were visiting a city you’ve never been and they told you this stadium was built in 2002, would you even question it? Probably not. It looks like a generic 2002 stadium. Like someone out of Madden build-a-stadium.

In fact it kinda-sorta looks like a more shapely Metlife stadium, which was built a decade and a half ago and is universally panned by Jets & Giants fans.

image.jpg

With taxpayers contributing nearly $1B, I am bothered by getting a generic, boring, unappealing stadium.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Jrb1979 said:

The Viking play on a very cool stadium…..that is a dome. I edited to remove that possible complaint to this particular question. We aren’t getting a dome. 

I can’t tell enough from those few renderings to form an opinion. I have to believe the amenities are a VAST improvement, but time will tell. We need more info IMO. 

9 hours ago, Einstein said:

This is where i’m at. Seems underwhelming for $1.4 billion or whatever the cost is at right now.

The Vikings got that taj mahal of a stadium for about the same price, albeit 5 or so years ago.

Axthally, the more I look at it the more I really dislike it. No real discernible features. Looks like a soccer stadium mixed with MetLife. 

Agree, it looks very much like a generic European generic soccer stadium. I think that’s why it hasn’t grown on me. I know we aren’t getting a dome, or an insanely priced palace, but I can’t get over the Euro soccer ambiance. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

It's going to be a pile of rocks like the original one. 

Still for what they spent on it, it should be a lot more impressive. It's very generic but I guess that's to be expected when all fans want is the Bills to stay. 

I agree 100% on that.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Agree, it looks very much like a generic European generic soccer stadium. I think that’s why it hasn’t grown on me. I know we aren’t getting a dome, or an insanely priced palace, but I can’t get over the Euro soccer ambiance. 

Yep.

And are these fans entering a football stadium…. or Macy’s?

What is with these entrances?

244-FC045-5-EBB-4-D5-F-8482-7-F12-FECA86

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan2313 said:

He wants it made out of gold

Somebody else’s gold, I’m guessing. 

They will remain in WNY, the sinks can be sinks again, you might get a beer in a reasonable amount of time and it’s less likely to fall down. I hope the sight-lines can be as good as the Ralph, as we have been spoiled with great views from pretty much anywhere in the stadium. It’s been a good home to us for a long time, but nothing goes on forever. Time to upgrade, and I’m sure the replacement will be just fine. It will still get endless bashing from some who “know better”, but let’s wait and see what we are talking about first. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Einstein said:

It’s of course just personal opinion but here are a few of the newest NFL stadiums:

mercedes-benz-stadium_dusk2_AMB-sports-e

SouthEast-2-View-of-Lake-Park-From-Pedes

vikingsstadium-usbs-aerial-view.jpg

5ef22caee9d4e.image.jpg?resize=800,500

And then here is the Bills new stadium:

byv7s3eabmlwktd4kmnr

It looks generic. Boring. Unappealing. Nothing screams “Buffalo” to me. There are no unique features that stand out and make people instantly say “oh that’s the Bills stadium”. Looking from the outside I can’t tell if it’s an airport, a soccer stadium, or a place to watch football.

And it looks like it’s old already. More like an early 2000’s stadium. If you were visiting a city you’ve never been and they told you this stadium was built in 2002, would you even question it? Probably not. It looks like a generic 2002 stadium. Like someone out of Madden build-a-stadium.

In fact it kinda-sorta looks like a more shapely Metlife stadium, which was built a decade and a half ago and is universally panned by Jets & Giants fans.

image.jpg

With taxpayers contributing nearly $1B, I am bothered by getting a generic, boring, unappealing stadium.

Well then kick in and pay for the upgrade! It’s that simple. Do you have an extra billion or so laying around? Should I assume the owner should foot this whole bill for you? Or do you want more from the taxpayers too? It’s always easy, when it’s not your money. 

WNY is not LA or Vegas or Atlanta, and we all know that. It’s easier if we just accept that reality. 

Oh, and I’ve got news for you, I prefer the Ralph to the Falcons stadium. Bills home games feel more like football games to me.

Edited by Augie
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

Well then kick in and pay for the upgrade! It’s that simple. Do you have an extra billion or so laying around? Should I assume the owner should foot this whole bill for you? Or do you want more from the taxpayers too? It’s always easy, when it’s not your money. 

Oh, and I’ve got news for you, I prefer the Ralph to the Falcons stadium. Bills home games feel more like football games to me. 

It should be paid for in PSLs. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.