Tua in Glenville?

mead107

11 hours ago, mead107 said:

Tua is working with U.S. Olympic judoka Jason Morris to learn how to properly fall to reduce impact on his head. #NFL

Jason grew up next to my sister medal winner in Olympics. Silver medalist 

Back in 1983, my brother wrestled Jason Morris in a dual meet vs. Burnt Hills in Queensbury.  Burnt Hills had another, even better, wrestler on the team named Jon Cardi.  Cardi had my brother's number, so the QBY coach moved my brother up a weight class (maybe two) to avoid Cardi and face Morris instead.  Cardi's mother actually called my brother the night before the match and warned him that Morris "knew karate," and told him to be careful.  Hilarious in hindsight.  My brother beat him, but Morris went on to win two state championships over the next two years.  Great wrestler.

• Like (+1) 3

19 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

It's a rather common thing, to learn how to fall in any defensive tactics course.  If you are falling backwards, you learn to tuck your chin into your chest before hitting the ground.  Your back hits the ground and absorbs the hit and not the back of your head.  It's a good move on Tua's part.  I've slipped on ice a couple of times and it's saved my ass.  No doubt.

Glad to hear your ass was OK.  How was your head?

A good move if you have the time is to slap the ground with both arms as your body reaches the ground. That absorbs some of the energy of the impact. One of the videos someone attached to a post in this thread shows the person doing that.  

Edited by Utah John
  • Agree 1

On 2/23/2023 at 11:45 PM, mead107 said:

Tua is working with U.S. Olympic judoka Jason Morris to learn how to properly fall to reduce impact on his head. #NFL

Jason grew up next to my sister medal winner in Olympics. Silver medalist 

Does anyone see the problem with this training?  I don’t think his concussion history is a result on not falling correctly as much as it is - he’s just prone to concussions 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Does anyone see the problem with this training?  I don’t think his concussion history is a result on not falling correctly as much as it is - he’s just prone to concussions 

Agreed. It's all BS and his brains are going to be scrambled eggs regardless. He'll still end up with another concussion at some point next season, and if he's lucky it will only end his career and not cause permanent damage (probably too late on that too).

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Agreed. It's all BS and his brains are going to be scrambled eggs regardless. He'll still end up with another concussion at some point next season, and if he's lucky it will only end his career and not cause permanent damage (probably too late on that too).

I remember when the season ended and he was “cleared” after the loss in Buffalo, McDaniels and Grier said that doctors told the team Tua no more prone to conductions than any other NFL player.  OK, then why this training this off-season? 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I remember when the season ended and he was “cleared” after the loss in Buffalo, McDaniels and Grier said that doctors told the team Tua no more prone to conductions than any other NFL player.  OK, then why this training this off-season? 

McDaniels is a functional idiot, when I first heard him talk I couldn't believe it, an NFL HC sounds like a dribbling dweeb.  BUT ALAS, I guess I was wrong, players love playing for him,   i was wrong about Tua as well, never thought he would be half as good as he is.  Much like Shahnahan ruining RG3,  I think there is a very high probability McDaniels does the same to Tua.

• Agree 2

18 hours ago, JohnNord said:

i agree.  rich gannon was talking about just this on sirius nfl.  he says he played with a number of guys who had multiple concussion over multiple years, and today they are functioning, (or seem to be functioning) at a normal level.  they were able to play through it and it didn't effect their lives.  other players aren't the same after 1 or 2 concussions.  a lot depends on the individual.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.