Would you guys trade one of Elam/Benford/Jackson?

JerseyBills

It has crossed my mind as a way to aquire picks or a player trade because they're 3 starting caliber CBs with 1 slot available. 

Tre and Taron are locked in at the other 2 slots , and it feels like having all 3 is a luxury vs a need. Elam might be off the table because I doubt we'd get a 1 for him but Jackson or Benford would be great for a zone scheme team and either net us a 3 or 4 or a player at position of need like a OG. 

Just feel like having 3 starting caliber CBS for 1 position is unnecessary unless one can transition to S. All 3 filled in admirably for Tre and are legit #2 guys. I'd be looking at Philly who'll likely lose Bradberry and give them an immediate starter opposite Slay, if they have an OL the Bills like that could do the same for us. 

What you guys think?

• Dislike 1

They’re going to move Benford to Safety. Not sure how ready he’ll be to start but he has a chance.

We need all 3 DBs. They will likely all be back. Only question is Jackson but I think they sign him cheap.

To acquire extra picks the Bills should be looking to trade out of the 1st. Take what you can get but should be able to get a couple extra picks.

Last year for 27 Tampa got 2nd pick 33, 4th pick 106, and 6th pick 180. I would take that extra 4th and 6th for moving down a few spots.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They’re going to move Benford to Safety. Not sure how ready he’ll be to start but he has a chance.

We need all 3 DBs. They will likely all be back. Only question is Jackson but I think they sign him cheap.

To acquire extra picks the Bills should be looking to trade out of the 1st. Take what you can get but should be able to get a couple extra picks.

Last year for 27 Tampa got 2nd pick 33, 4th pick 106, and 6th pick 180. I would take that extra 4th and 6th for moving down a few spots.

I've heard ppl on here saying Benford to S , is there a source or pure speculation?

You are not getting a 3 or 4 for Benford or Jackson. 6th and 7th round draft picks, Benford with a few nice plays as a rookie, Jackson with 3 years of tape as a strictly zone corner... you might get a 5th if you waited until camp and a team lost a starter and needed someone with some playing experience in a similar scheme. But that is the absolute best case scenario. If you trade them now their value is 6th round pick at best. You might get someone who'd give you a 5th for a 6th in return but that is the only way it is bringing you that kind of return. 

Look at Rashad Fenton, drafted by the Chiefs in the 6th round out of South Carolina back in 2019, had three solid years there where he definitely showed that despite his size and speed limitations he can play in the NFL, the Falcons traded a 7th rounder for him at the deadline. That is a guy who has undoubtedly shown to the better in the NFL than the projections on him coming out and he was actually de-valued from a 6th to a 7th. The reality is just that those types of guys - corners you can put out there who will know their job, play their assignment, but occasionally are just gonna be outdone talent v talent - they are kinda ten a penny. You can find them late in the draft and even sometimes in UDFA. Teams don't give up mid-round picks for that. They just take a swing with their own 6th and 7th rounders. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

Someone is moving to safety. 

Probably Benford this year. That gives another year to see if White can fully recover. If not then maybe he replaces Hyde in 2024. 

Hate how this staff dealt with Elam. He should have been a day 1 starter to learn on the job. If he's a bust then Beane has been just an absolute failure with multiple drafts. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

29 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Probably Benford this year. That gives another year to see if White can fully recover. If not then maybe he replaces Hyde in 2024. 

Hate how this staff dealt with Elam. He should have been a day 1 starter to learn on the job. If he's a bust then Beane has been just an absolute failure with multiple drafts. 

White is definitely not a safety. If White struggles next year he’ll get cut after the 2023 season.

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yes - especially because i'd probably like 2-3 OL, a 1T nose, a WR, a S, adding a 6-7 rounder in addition can maybe get you a cheap running back.  

3 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I've written it a few other places, but I'd guess Benford.

He's got size, he isn't super fast, decent in man but is handsy, better in zone, heady player, good tackler.  Seems like a natural shift tbh. 

• Like (+1) 1

They are all on an inexpensive cost control contracts. Why would we do that? Not to mention the fact that Elam and Bedford are only going to get better

Let’s not make the team worse in a request to make it better with having to pay a franchise QB we are going to now need those cheap salaries

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This team needs a lot of cheap depth guys. I expect to sign and keep a few undradted FAs. As well as a trade down or two in the draft. But i don't want to trade one of our starting caliber CBs and create another hole. Especially because 2 are on cheap rookie contacts. And Dane is a RFA.

• Agree 1

In this passing league,keep them all. Why waste the time you already invested in them for  acclimating to your scheme? Maintain continuity.

Benford might very well move to safety and CB depth is important. You wont recoup your draft investment, anyway.

Edited by Herb Nightly
Spelling
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.